Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Munky's Journey in Progress (Still at it...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am
I hope everything works out. My mom used to work in real estate and before showings she'd do things like bake cookies in the house, or put out a basket of fruit... people notice things without even noticing that they're picking up on them sometimes.

Good luck,  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm
Still Alive

No real changes in the situation with my mom, but thank you everyone who's taken the time to leave some support. heart

I had some ups and downs getting over my stomach bug. The next day I thought I was alright, but the day after that I discovered that I was apparently really dairy sensitive when Kent treated me to a milkshake. I'm kind of lactose intolerant, but the most that's ever happened in the past is just a tummy ache and maybe some bloating. This time, my body decided it was having nothing to do with my milkshake. It was not a fun night. >_<

My weight's bounced around a little from the erratic eating, not always keeping it down, and then finally getting back on track. I'm noticeably thinner over my collarbones which is nice, but I really would love for my body to concentrate on widdling down my waist and thighs.

I dropped down to about 146 while I was sick which was really a shock. My goal is 135 which means I was about ten pounds away and I just can't quite wrap my head around that fact. I look in the mirror and think "Ten pounds? Really?" and just don't see how only ten more pounds is going to get me the figure I want. Then again, in the past I've dropped two dress sizes from only a ten pound weight loss so maybe it's possible. I can tell that my obliques have thinned out a little, but my stomach still get pudgier as you move toward the midline of my body. I'm hoping that this outside-in pattern will continue and that some of this roundness will go away.

I need to remeasure myself and take some pictures.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

pigeonsoup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 pm
*thinks munkers looks fantastic* 3nodding

Ten pounds is actually quite a lot of fat, even though it seems small compared to larger weight loss goals, I guess. I'm sure you've seen the pictures of 1 lb of fat versus 1 lb of muscle. So I'm sure those last ten lbs will make quite a big difference. Though I still stand by the opinion that you already look super great with as far as you've gotten. And squee for us both being so close to our goals! Girlllll youz gonna be a stunner! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:39 am
I think part of my issue might just be that I have so little perspective when it comes to how much my body has actually changed. I'm always compared myself to the day before which means I'm seeing little changes and not the whole package. I mean, I know that I've gone from a 16 to an 8 in my jeans and I've actually put on those old jeans to show myself how far I've come, but it's still just not quite clicking.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am
Keep up the good work, once you lose those 10lbs, try toning your body, it might give you the shape you are looking for.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:14 am
Munkers
I think part of my issue might just be that I have so little perspective when it comes to how much my body has actually changed. I'm always compared myself to the day before which means I'm seeing little changes and not the whole package. I mean, I know that I've gone from a 16 to an 8 in my jeans and I've actually put on those old jeans to show myself how far I've come, but it's still just not quite clicking.

Pheew, that's a massive drop. Kudos to you! I have about 10 pounds to my goal weight as well, and it's quite challenging. Best of luck!  

Sunsway

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:32 am
What kind of workouts are you doing?

I'm doing P90X but any workout program using free weights will tone you up and SHAPE your body. You won't lose a lot of weight doing it, but you will get the shape you want. Diet is very important, it's about 80% of your weight loss. But that other 20% is important too, and that's the quality of the work you're asking from your body.

I should take my own advice though, I'm a terrible eater. sweatdrop

But once you do the body shaping exercises, you'll be more satisfied when you hit the goal weight than you would just losing the weight and not toning as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm
Munkers

Maybe it'll click better once you reach your goal. 3nodding  

pigeonsoup

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:12 pm
Right now my main workout is the Couch to 5k stuff. (Which I've been horribly lazy about since getting sick. Even though I'm better I haven't gotten back on the wagon yet.) I've done 30 Day Shred off and on and the Callanetics ab/core exercises off and on. I think if I could commit to the Callanetics then I could my tummy into a more desirable shape. I did it in the past and it really did help to flatten me out even if I was still pudgier at that point.

And at some point I'd like to do the P90 workouts or even P90x just because I've lost so much upper body strength and I'd like to do some serious weight training.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:32 am
Blaaaaaaah

Still off the exercise bandwagon and cheated on my diet for about half of this week. I could blame my period, but really, I just let myself get lazy about my point tracking. But tomorrow starts a new week (I reset my points worksheet each Monday morning) and as of this morning I'm trying to do my Callanetics ab work. I'm thinking about doing it again before bed. The last time that I was really diligent about doing it before bed, I had noticeably flatter abs after a week or two. I'd kind of like to see what sort of results I can get over the next week if I stick to the twice-a-day routine.

On a more positive note, I'm getting better about drinking my water again. And my skin didn't freak and breakout this month. Not quite sure why since I haven't really done anything different. Maybe my weight finally hit some kind of threshold that's encouraging my hormones to behave.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

United Paper People

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 am
I have to say your story is incredible, and lovely to hear.

Your skin breaks out when you excercise, or eat differently?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 am
so how long did it take you to get from 195 to where you are now?just asking.  

BitterFantasy

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 pm
United Paper People
I have to say your story is incredible, and lovely to hear.

Your skin breaks out when you excercise, or eat differently?

In general, my breakouts are just caused by hormones (usually right before my period) or just being lazy with my skin care routine.

BitterFantasy
so how long did it take you to get from 195 to where you are now?just asking.

I started my weight loss in January/February 2008 and was on the wagon until May of that year when I moved and my life kind of exploded and went crazy. I maintained my weight at about 170-175ish for a year and then crawled back on to the bandwagon in May 2009. I got down to my then low weight of 158, but then started hitting some roadblocks with finals and wedding plans. I regained a little bit (between 160 and 165) and then got back on track in February of this year. Now I'm down to 146.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:43 am
That makes sense.
I use a face-wash type product, and when I run out and forget to get more, my skin breaks out, presumably because I abruptly stop using it. So I try not to let that happen.

Do you use anything?

Also, I'm wondering what it is you mean when you refer to 'the situation' with your Mum.
I haven't been following these journals for as long, but I'm guessing it relates to an earlier post?
Sorry if that sounded nosy, I was just curious.

United Paper People

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 pm
I'm using the Renew and Reveal cleanser from Bare Minerals. It's a little expensive, but one bottle of it lasts for months and months and my skin loves it so it's worth it. Sometimes I'll also wipe down my face with a Stridex pad (salicylic acid) and I also use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Rejuvenator once or twice a week depending on how my skin is feeling/what it's doing.

And no, you're not being nosy at all. If I mention something in my journal, it's fair game to inquire about.

The short version of the story with my mom is that she was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's last year and my siblings and I have been working to ensure that she receives the care she needs. Except now we're running into money troubles when it comes to financing her care. We're trying to sell her house to raise some funds, but no one's biting and we're running out of time.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff