Where did you get your name? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:54 pm
Jasmin:
First name Jasmin, with the "e". It was a tradition for my fathers family to name my cousins with either J or A. With my sister being Amber, I had to be J. And, even tho my mother denies it, the first movie my father took my mother to see was Aladin so... I swear to gGod I am named after a Disney Princess.

Lyn:
My aunt Lynda. She hated her whole name so she shortened it to Lyn, hence the single "n". Lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:41 pm
First name,
My first name came from a show called, "Star Trek: Voyager". My first name was supposed to be B'Elanna, but my mom thought it would be too difficult for people to pronounce. So, she changed it to Elanna.

Middle name:
My middle name also came from a "Star Trek" show called, "Deep Space Nine". The girl's name was Major Kira Narisse.

So, my name is Elanna Narisse [*Inserts Last Name*]  

Kiori Yuki

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Cherry-x-Sorbet

Tipsy Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 pm
My mother had names picked out for either a boy or a girl.
I happen to be the latter, so I was named Briana Danielle *last name*.

My first name doesn't have any special reason, but my mother had always wanted a boy named Daniel, so when her third child was another girl, she gave up and finally chose to give the female version of the name~

Of course, my brother was born three years later xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 pm
I was named after my Grandfather, his name was Thomas, or Tommy, mine is Tommi, with an I (Because of being female)
So, that's all
My middle name is Lynn, it was gonna be Lee, but my Mon didn't want me having two male names, so it became Lynn.  

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 pm
I love how many of you have the middle name Lynn! Guess it isn't as uncommon as I thought!

Well, while my mom was pregnant with me she had a boy named picked and a girl named picked, Shelby.
Until she was in her 7th month and her younger sister named her cat Shelby xD and my mom refused to "name her baby after her sister's cat" so she changed it to a different name.

And my middle name is Lynn because it's my mom's middle name. So help me if I don't pick Lynn as my little girl's name. She would be miffed! xp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:38 am
User Image

Both my names, Stephanie and Caroline, comes from the two princesses in Monaco. So I'm named after them. :3 My middle name was supposed to be Madeléne, but mum didn't think that it sounded good with Stephanie, so Caroline it was!

If I was born a boy, mum and dad would have named me Emil. :> Don't know how many of you that has heard of a Swedish author named Astrid Lindgren, but she wrote a few books about a boy named Emil so my grandmother didn't like the fact that I would be named that if I was a boy. xD User Image

User Image

mahou prince

Sweetheart

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:37 am
User Image User Image

My parents said that they got my first name from a Beatle's song. But then, another story was that I was almost born in July, right after my Dad's birthday, so my first name's kind of related to "July". My second name they got from my Mom. Dad said that he wanted something from my mother, so they just tweaked her name a bit :p

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:33 am
My name is Mahrukh. (MaH-Rukh). (Don't know if that helped.)

But anyway, it means Moon Face. Mah=moon Rukh=face. My uncle named me. I thought it was an Arabic name but it's actually Persian. whee  

flippinbananas

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:21 pm
My first name comes from the bible. Rachel. (mom just wanted to be different then all the other girls that were in there with me as a newborn too. biggrin )

My MIddle Name was named after my aunt who passed away before I was born. Rosalie.

I am Rachel Rosalie (insert my last name) smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm
My first name is Hope. I was named so because, at the time of my birth and ever since, I was always my parents' "hope"; like, their beacon, or a ray of light leading them back to the 'good path'. My parents were both pretty messed up in their younger years; drug addicts, alcoholics, party-goers. My dad had just gotten out of the marines and had seen a lot of jacked up stuff, so they thought of me, the child that my mother had been told was almost impossible to actually have, as their hope. c:

My middle name, Marie, is a lot simpler and more traditional. My Aunt Crystal's middle name is also 'Marie', and my Mother's Mother's (aka my Grandmother) first name was 'Mary'. It didn't mean as much as my first name, but, eh...

If I was a boy, I would have been named Chaz ???. I don't remember what the middle name was, but I know the first name was definitely Chaz. So, as a kind of pen-name or whenever I don't want to give out my real name, I always use Chazz-Marie in place. xD I think it's a pretty girly name, myself, but I like that I haven't ever actually met a guy named Chaz. So, if I actually had been a boy, I'd still have had a name as uncommon or close to as Hope! (:  

Saintly Serenade

Melodious Saint

10,400 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Alice Kensington

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm
... My name is Alice, named after Alice from Alice in wonderland... which is odd because I'm not british or anything,

My middle name is marie. It's my grandma's middle name so... yeah. I suppose in comparison to the rest of you my name is kinda boring...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:34 pm
I was named after my mom's best friend that was killed by a drunk driver. My mom had a best friend named Jamie. She knew her ever since the start of school. They went strong.. My mom was pregnant with me when she was still alive. Before she died, my mom planned on naming me Rachel. But once the friend was killed, my mom thought that Jamie would be a better name to remember her. c:

My middle name is Rae, and so is my mom's. biggrin AND my Dad's is Ray. c; I find it cool. biggrin  

I - Ocean Eyes - I

BeastEuphoria

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm
Surprisingly enough. A baby book. My mom seriously found the name Emerald is a baby book when she was 7 years old.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:36 am
User Image

My dad loved the song "Brandy", so he told my mom that he wanted to name his daughter that. My mom didn't like it because it's also a type of alcohol. When I was born, my mom didn't have the heart to deny my dad my name since she knew she wouldn't have any other kids.

My middle name came from my grandmothers. On my dad side is Dorothy, while it's Dorothea on my mom's (Dorothea is pretty much Dorothy). So, Dorothy it is.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash