Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:25 pm
MochaFlavoredPencil

Whenever I read mpreg fics I just numb my mind to logic.

My mind is always like that. ^3^

I like MPreg. Its just cute. Depending on the slash couple, that is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:46 pm
*snicker* The only time it makes sense to me is when a male alien or fantasy creature gets pregnant, because then, it seems plausible. But then again, I don't really like pregnancy to begin with so...  

Krimzon No More

zawazawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:05 pm
Krimzon_Krow
*snicker* The only time it makes sense to me is when a male alien or fantasy creature gets pregnant, because then, it seems plausible. But then again, I don't really like pregnancy to begin with so...

I cant even say p-p.....p.....pr-p-p.......*faints*

Yeah, you see where I'm going with this. But I love the mpreg for some reason. neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:21 pm
i like it but i really only read it when it pops up and when it's written well. i know it defies all reasonable logic but that's what makes it fun. emotionally unstable and preggy men are fun to read about and mess with.  

.[Kalysta].

Fairy Girl Sparkle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:03 am
HKBlack
Mpreg is at the very top of the list titled "Things That I Won't/Don't/Can't Read"

I've never liked it, and not because no one writes it well (which usually will make me like something because I had previously seen crap authors try to use something) for lots of different reasons.

1) Physically Impossible, I doubt even magic is that advanced.
2) Ow...it hurts for a female, assuming that they do manage to have a reasonable explanation for it (and other species is not reasonable in the HPVerse) I can't even begin to imagine the pain a guy goes through.
3) It's called adoption. Most homosexual couples who want children use this method (or try to at least) and it works best in not only the Real World, but in every fandom imaginable. What fandom can't have characters either adopt or find some poor child in an alley to take care of?

I just find it far to outlandish for my tastes--and considering what I do like, that's saying a lot.

yush right there but if its ina good story then i read it <3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:57 pm
hikaridonya
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
I imagine if there was magic to bring a person back to life, it's probably Blood Magic which is mostly likely under the category of Dark Magic, as with the potion/spell that brought good old Voldemort back. That was Blood Magic. Of course, so is the protection over Harry while he's at the Dursley's. Simple and effective Blood Magic. In Druid and Wiccan society (the actual old world societies not this new aged bullshit) Blood Magic was insanely powerful and very delicate.

Just a thought.

As for MPreg. No offense, but as a male, I will say this: the male body can not handle a pregnancy. Not only in there no womb in the body but the simple fact is, males haven't the correct hormones in order to care for the child properly. MPreg spells or whatever the ******** reason you have to torture us gay males don't make them males. It makes them women. I don't care if he still has his d**k at the end of it, getting pregnant and having a baby is for girls. 'Nuff said. Why do you think I respect women so much. They put up with a lot of s**t. Of course, try being a gay male for a week and we might have something to talk about...

I'm ranting. sweatdrop Sorry, I'll stop now.

I completely agree with you, though. I'd be more impressed if someone wrote a story about the struggle that [insert slash couple of choice] went through to adopt a child.
Or even if they used a surrogate mother. Now that would make for an interesting idea.
I've never really been a fan of M-Preg.

Wow, you just gave me a plot a bunny. Mother!Pansy for Draco and Harry.

Now as for M-Preg.... I've never been overly fond of it but I'll read it if I like the pairing. smile  

Anity

Thalil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:12 pm
I havn't found my way into mpreg yet, I'm new at the whole slash thing, but I wouldn't say no to it, I'll read anything once.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:16 pm
External Penetration
Do you like mpreg? My friend is completely freaked out by it but I like it. I'll admit it took me a while to warm up to it, it freaked me out at first too. Though now I love it.
Some of my other friends agree that mpreg is cute, and the others are...well they don't like it.

So, do you like or dislike mpreg?
Did it make you go "gah o_o" at first?
Anything else you can get from this.

Same here. Well, at first, I was thinking... "Mpreg? Is that possible...? ><*" Then it was like, "Ok, I like it... but it's still kinda creepy..." and now I think it's actually pretty cute. ^_^;;;  

~Eternity_Rose~

Ecclasius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:47 pm
I've really never had any interest in MPreg, not to say I wouldn't try to read a well-written MPreg story. I favor the adoption/surrogate mother ideas earlier on in the thread; those seem like they'd have a lot more "taste" to them (can't think of another word right now).  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 am
I still think that it is a beautiful concept. heart  

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200

SerratedSprinkles

5,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:22 pm
I think some of it's kinda cute! lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:24 am
Scientifically right or wrong, it doesn't matter. It's FICTION. That's why it's called fan-FICTION. So who cares about the science of it? Nobody ever argues about the science of magic existing, or Hagrid being a half-giant, or pensieves, or dragons, or all those other strange magical creatures, but when it comes to MPREG.

*SCIENCE SUCKER-PUNCH*

If you really gave a s**t about the science of things, you wouldn't be reading something about *magic*.

=D I can understand how it creeps people out. I'm not saying you're not allowed to. But don't pull the science card if you're not going to use it for everything. ~nods~

Because, amazingly enough, they've been making scientific breakthroughs with male pregnancies in Europe. So it may not be impossible after all.  

JTequila

HellsBitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 am
Caine1035
Because, amazingly enough, they've been making scientific breakthroughs with male pregnancies in Europe. So it may not be impossible after all.

They have? How d'you know?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:06 pm
eek .....  

Silver and Silence

Baroness_Nox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 pm
Caine1035

*whimper*

Ew ew ew OW ew ew.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas