Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
1337 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The EFE is 1337.
  Duh
View Results

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:13 am
Fear that which you dont understand.....

Yeah. Quality not quantity I like to say. As long as it's a good quality post that makes good sense then it's good to me. Though I still shoot for about a paragraph a post but I think that's just because I hate looking at really short posts.

....namely me.

~B of The ABC.....Crackbaby73~
Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 am
User Image
Cheer up and dry your damp eyes and tell me when it rains

.+ We should play D&D. :'D +.

And I'll blend up that rainbow above you and shoot it through your veins

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am
User Image

D&D? As much fun as that would be it is a huuuge pain to do it over the internet. I know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm

I can imagine so. I haven't ever played but my friend and his dad introduced me to it. It sounded quite similar to RP in a way except much more complex and your character has very clear limitations.
I've always wanted to play.

....namely me.

Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm
User Image

Similar to RP? No no, it is RP. An RPG to be more precise. You get to RP and everything, it is just that your character has stats which determine different things. As you probably know...
So yeah, RPG. Game mechanics to designate how strong your character is in this or that.

Pretty fun. Hard to bother with online since you have character sheets and stuff. Plus the world is driven by the Game Master. You can't go into a bar and describe your own encounters with a lovely bar maid and stuff. (or you can if the DM lets you)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:49 pm

It would require a lot of rapid updating and like 50 different open windows lol.

....namely me.

Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:50 pm
User Image

Yeah, and rolling dice wouldn't be as fun...
Nothing like having actual dice in your hand!
You'd have to work on the honors system if you were to allow that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 pm
If we were to play D&D, we would have to be living in the same area. Trying D&D over the internet is a pain... And character limitations aren't as big of a problem as people think. If you play it right, and have a good DM, you can pull off anything. Of course, you can't jump from the top of a mountain at Lv 1 and survive unless a miracle happens, but amazing s**t that shouldn't happen can happen. Like, at under Lv 7, or about there, tricking a Metallic Dragon into a conversation between a Samurai, Fighter, and Mage/Cleric while the rogue sneaks behind it and somehow climbs its back without noticing, and then slitting the dragon's throat. That was awesome.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Crackbaby73

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 pm

xD That sounds hilarious. Dragon doesn't seem like a very smart...uh, mythical being.

....namely me.

Passive Mode
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 pm
It was a brass dragon. I think. And they love to talk. Get one talking, and it won't stop. Plus, the rogue was REALLY quiet, and a halfling so it was light. The dragon didn't notice the weight or the drag on its scales when climbed. And... The rogue crit his attack. At the time, his crit did more damage than his sneak attack so he had to roll crit damage. It was a fairly young dragon so it didn't have much health. It died with the rogue's name carved in its neck. If we had fought it head on, two or more of us would have died for sure. If the attack hadn't of killed it, we would of had an advantage. Either way, the distraction won it for us. But... That still doesn't mean s**t when we returned to town and the fighter died.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Encarton
Crew

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Hahaha interesting...
Sounds like some good times.
I need to do some D&D again at some point.

If only there was a better way to do D&D online. Too bad Wizards whole online program thing is designed for 4.0 and a pay to play service.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm
I've heard that 4.0 sucks balls. I've never played it, and never intend to. I do 3.5, which is just fine.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers