Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Where Fat Cells Come to Die (30 lb loss) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do YOU want to lose?
  < 10 pounds
  10-20 pounds
  20-30 pounds
  30-40 pounds
  40-50 pounds
  50-60 pounds
  60-70 pounds (like me!)
  70-80 pounds
  > 80 pounds
View Results

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:32 pm
Weight: didn't check

Exercise: 30 min. on bike

Breakfast: footlong turkey sub (from subway) on whole wheat with bacon, cheese, veggies and chipotle

(I ate it at 1am last night and counted it for today.)

Lunch: diet green tea, rice krispies treat

Dinner: picnic food. Need I say more?

Motivation: 7/10

This wasn't handled in the best possible way. It was unrealistic to think that I could get through the day on three points (sandwich was 23). Eating the entire sub so early in the morning was a mistake, but I should have used a few flex points to at least get a lean cuisine so I wouldn't have been starving by the time the geology dept. picnic rolled around. Likely I didn't eat all my flex points, but this still wasn't the best of days. At least I went to the gym.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 pm
Weight: 197.6
GAIN: +1.6 lbs (since two days ago)

Points: not sure/26 (but it honestly is close to 26 this time, maybe under)

Lunch: LC chicken parmesan, rice krispies treat, diet green tea

Dinner: chicken chili, veggies w/a little ranch, corn chips w/cheesy salsa, bread w/butter (but all in VERY small portions, trust me), diet coke

Snack: honestade orange mango

Exercise: 30 min. on bike, geophysics field work, walking around town

The geology dept. at my school got 1 GHz GPR antennae, which allows one to determine properties of the very shallow subsurface at high resolution (without digging). Aside from all the technical stuff, I had fun testing the new equipment in the field site, since the new data wouldn't be incorporated into my thesis. Also, it involved plenty of moving around and walking.
Then, all seniors and grad students in band were invited by the professor at my school to his house for dinner - so I ate more of a variety of food, but kept portions small and stopped before feeling full. Hopefully the scale will be kind tomorrow.  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm
Weight: 196.0 lbs
LOSS: -1.6 lbs

Lunch: cheese enchiladas, cheerios bar, diet green tea

Dinner: LC chicken parmesan, cherry pepsi

Exercise: likely none (tectonics final tomorrow)

If I hadn't ******** up the other day, I could have been in the low 190s by now.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 pm
Weight: 195.4 lbs
LOSS: -0.6 lbs

Exercise: none. I didn't feel like it.

Lunch: 1 slice chicken parmesan pizza (don't ask), ketchup, diet green tea

Dinner: LC chicken parmesan, bbq chips, cherry pepsi

So I've mentioned this before, but I really, REALLY hate eating in groups because I get self conscious, even if what I'm having is within my points range. I always take meals to my room and eat alone to deal with it. Well, I'm selling my mini fridge and microwave because it's cheaper to buy new ones in California when grad school starts than ship them there. Therefore, I had to parade my lean cuisine in front of everyone down in the lounge to eat dinner, and was mortified. It's funny, when I'm buying the lean cuisine at the c-store I think people are inwardly laughing and thinking "haha, that fat b***h is on a diet." When I went downstairs to microwave it, i kept worrying that people were thinking "make way for fatass - she's EATING again." Lately, the world wants to encroach on my privacy and it sucks. I had to upload a photo for my housing application today, so maybe people can say they don't want me as a roommate because I'm ugly. The other day I had to go to that ******** awful, slanderous site also known as Spokeo and get rid of my search pages. Then, I had a friend from home check to make sure it actually worked. Thankfully it did. The last thing I need is a site saying that I'm a pansexual atheist who listens mostly to German music and occasionally wear more black than is normal, so nobody will hire me, and then posts a picture of my apartment and says I live alone to help out your neighborhood serial killer. And that's if they don't lie - if they do, things could get even worse. I've had it with people. Now that I've learned to stay out of their way, they're going out of their way to pry and judge, and if they don't like me they'll make s**t up, and people will believe them.

Also, I measured myself because of the 5-pound interval, and got 34-36-45. What the hell? Isn't the lowest number supposed to be one's WAIST? I'm not a woman, I'm a pyramid apparently. My chest shrunk by three inches, my waist went UP by two, and my hips decreased by 0.5 inches. The change in hips at least was reasonable and what I wanted to see. Maybe I'm measuring incorrectly or something, but this just sounds fishy.
Wait. I think I'm supposed to measure around the largest chest area...hold on...
Ok, now I'm 38.5-36-45. Which still sucks, but at least I'm not a pyramid anymore.  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 pm
Exercise: zip

It was a bad weekend in terms of taking responsibility. I'd been doing really well with handling temptations until I called my parents. Then they encouraged me to take a break and order takeout. I told them I wasn't sure about it, and they kept suggesting it until I was like "fine, I will." Then my good week went downhill.
There's no really good reason to listen to their weight loss advice at this point anyway. My mom's gained almost all her weight back - and that was also keeping her cholesterol down, but she hasn't mentioned that recently. Big surprise. At least she exercises, though. She's way better about that than I am - she'll do 50 min. of cardio a day, which is still highly beneficial. So she can tell me how to exercise, just not how to eat. I offered to take her out to lunch when I return home from college as a Mother's Day present (we couldn't visit), but I hope she's counting points when it happens. I want my parents to be heatlhy.
And my dad - don't get me started. He has a bad knee which has kept him off the treadmill during the past week - ironically from jogging in college. He also has a weight machine, but he has bursitis in his shoulder, so that's out of the question. I understand if the doc tells him it's not a good idea, but he could at least count his points. He gets 32 ******** points a day, why is that so difficult? If he lost weight, maybe his knee wouldn't be in such bad shape. Yeah, I'm not listening to my parents next time they try to tempt me into taking a break from weight watchers. They've taken a long enough break already.

Aside from that. Finals are wrapping up - I have one exam and one presentation tomorrow. Both should be easy and painless. However, my final thesis is due to the honors chair tomorrow, and my professor said in an email he has some changes to send me. He hasn't sent them yet. I leave Tuesday morning, and already have to pull an all nighter Monday to pack everything. This had better not take a lot of time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 am
Its a pain when the people in your life who were supportive are no longer keeping up with their commitments and asking you to drop yours. Misery loves company, and so do poor eating habits. No one wants to be the one eating badly when everyone is eating healthily, and everyone looks at the one with the salad askew when they all have pizza and fries and such.

Can you talk to your parents and tell them that when they urge you to 'take a break' it is bad for you and makes you feel bad?

Keep up, you can do it. *Pets*  

Tandahda
Crew

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout

Breakfast ( eek ): banana smoothie
Lunch: 6 inch turkey and ham on wheat from Subway with pepperjack, bacon, veggies, sweet onion sauce and chipotle, baked bbq chips
Dinner: pasta with marinara sauce and a little cheese and olive oil, broccoli

I've finished all my academic stuff at college (NO MORE THESIS!) and am now home, which is evident from my improved diet. However, I'm not used to eating breakfast, so at dinner I forgot about the smoothie and went a couple of points over. Not sure if I'll make breakfast a habit, since I'm never hungry at that time of day and very hungry during the afternoon/evening. It's nice eating healthy, homecooked meals instead of nothing but lean cuisines. Also, my mom and I signed up for Curves' 30 days for $30 deal, so we're working out every day they're open. My dad on the other hand is going to physical therapy for his knee, but it seems to make things more painful than less. I've got to motivate him to improve his diet somehow...if he loses around 50 pounds he'll feel better overall.
So this summer, I have about five weeks at home, then a geophysics field camp in New Mexico, then a week at home, then I travel to CA a month early to conduct research at grad school before classes begin.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Weight: 198.0 lbs
GAIN: 3.6 lbs (since last weigh in)

Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza w/parmesan, salad w/ranch, cherry coke
Dinner: chicken with marinara and a little parmesan, broccoli w/sesame dressing, water

This is why I need to count, weigh and measure everything. I apparently don't have an innate sense of what is reasonable, though the last few days weren't as bad as my habits before the weight loss began.  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Weight: 196.2 lbs
LOSS: -1.8 lbs

Points: 28/26 (this was my fault...damn you WW ice cream cup!)

Lunch: 6 inch turkey and ham sub on wheat with cheese, bacon, chipotle and veggies, cheetos, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken w/marinara and parmesan, pasta, broccoli w/sesame dressing, diet green tea

Snack: weight watchers mint chocolate chip ice cream cup

Overall, following Weight Watchers has been a lot easier here than at school, thanks to healthier, low fat/low point options. Also, I LOVE the Curves workouts - not only does it build muscle (which I need), but it's more varied than 30 min. of straight cardio. Also, muscle workouts are better for one's metabolism, and will help more with subtracting inches!
Now if I hadn't slipped up and eaten that ice cream...  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:28 pm
Weight: 195.8 lbs
LOSS: -0.4 lbs

Exercise: 30 min. Curves workout, 20 min. on treadmill

Lunch: 1 slice cheese pizza w/parmesan, salad w/ranch, cherry coke

Dinner: chicken w/veggies and sesame dressing, WW ice cream bar, water

The weight loss is nice, but what's more rewarding is that I'm inspiring my parents to return to the program. My mom is doing really well with counting points and exercising and she's lost two pounds already. My dad is eating more vegetables and exercising too - I promised him I'd match whatever amount of time he exercised, so he wouldn't have to work out by himself all the time while my mom and I went to Curves. That explains the 20 min. on the treadmill.  

Euthanasia Phase

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:24 pm
Weight: 194.6 lbs
LOSS: -1.2 lbs

Exercise: none (Curves was closed)

Lunch: pasta w/marinara and parmesan, cranberry lemonade honestade

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/parmesan, marinara and olive oil, veggies w/sesame dressing, water

First, the faster I lose weight, the more impatient I am for this to be finished. I've got a long way to go, and no matter how much I've lost what matters is the flabby s**t I'm still lugging around.
Second, I need to stop adding a couple of points of food just because one day I got away with it. I fail.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 am
Hi again!

Huh i know its so hard. I used to have this one day break every week and then it turned into three days. Then it was a disaster and i gained 1kg. So now, on this happy Monday, im officially back on the diet track, no more chocolate and sweet days for me. Yesterday i even ate my mothers spaghetti and thats a calories bomb!

So...just so you know youre not alone and all of us are fighting!  

Lainauriel

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm
@Lainauriel: Thanks again! I know what you mean about how taking a break can be detrimental - the weight returns REALLY quickly. Also, after you've lost a certain amount, it's not as tempting to undo all of the effort that went into it.

Weight: 195.0 lbs
GAIN: +0.4 lbs

Lunch: 6 inch double turkey sub on wheat with pepperjack, bacon, veggies and chipotle, parmesan and tuscan herb baked chips, light lemonade

Dinner: chicken and pasta w/parmesan and marinara, broccoli w/sesame dressing, water

This confirms that I cannot get away with anything. Fail.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm
Weight: 194.4 lbs
LOSS: -0.6 lbs

Lunch: pasta w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, orange mango honestade

Dinner: chicken w/marinara, parmesan and olive oil, broccoli w/sesame dressing, water

Snack: small DQ hot fudge sundae

Being MUCH more strict about portion sizes. Here's hoping it continues to pay off.  

Euthanasia Phase

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:19 pm
Portion sizes always get me. >__<
Luckily my mom went on a diet and got a scale, I had no idea how much pasta I was eating previously. o__o But reading the nutrition info and eating 1 portion instead of 4 is a good way to cut back. And you enjoy it more when you know it's not unlimited food.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff