Reply Rude Discussion
Your local scene? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nimrodette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:53 am
In Delaware? Practically nonexistent. I had a friend who liked some ska, but she moved.

There are a few ska bands in Philly that I don't know much about (Freakin' Cads, Ruder Than You). I'm sure there are SOME rudies around here, they're just hiding. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:48 am
OMG
Theres Ska Everywhere down here in Lousiana...IT's insane

I will attempt to make a List
-Fatter Then Albert
-6 Pack Deep
-Samurai Deli
-Zack The Rookie
-Odd Arnie

Just to name a few  

Status Quo Joe

Crimson_And_Clover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:14 am
Awesome scence in Jersey...not to mention my close proximity to NYC. There's at least 3 clubs within 1/2 an hour of my house that have ska shows like every other week. What more could a rude girl want?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:08 am
Not many of my friends are actually into ska, and that kinda makes me happy. Easier for me to get to shows. I'm kind of sad that I missed Reel Big Fish when they were here a few months ago. They played a totally free concert at the local University, and some of my friends went. They played with some other local ska bands, and there didn't seem to be many people there. That's what my brother made it sound like. He was there playing ultimate frisbee, and told me that Danny Winn and the Earthlings played too. I missed it. Damn. I'm sure that I'll get some ska concerts in before college. As long as people stay away from the ska scene. About three people out of 20 people that I normally hang out with are into ska, and one is leaving back to North Carolina anyway.  

Elrindor

Shirtless Smoker

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Voter 100

bob111234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:41 am
Colorado knows nothing of ska. Luckly I've finally uppped my "coloradins that know what ska is" count to four after meeting my guitar teacher.

The scene here sucks. Emo, screamo, metal, death metal, hardcore, post hardcore

Not my kind of stuff.

It gets lonely, but at least I'm the origional one here. Everyone wears black emo band shirts while I walk around in plaid pants, a plaid dress shirt with a tie, and checkerboarded shoes. People stare alot when you look different. Also when you're the only one who dos'nt write poetry on how depressing life is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:06 am
Psh , I swear im the only ska kid in this city of Everett, WA.
And, the only ska band from around is Agent Apathy.  

Suicidal Pepsi

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:48 pm
HotNPink
Colorado knows nothing of ska. Luckly I've finally uppped my "coloradins that know what ska is" count to four after meeting my guitar teacher.

Not my kind of stuff.

It gets lonely, but at least I'm the origional one here. Everyone wears black emo band shirts while I walk around in plaid pants, a plaid dress shirt with a tie, and checkerboarded shoes. People stare alot when you look different. Also when you're the only one who dos'nt write poetry on how depressing life is.

That's depressing, I had always hoped FIF's dream for a stronger scene would've been put into some sort of action by the ska kids down there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:17 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
HotNPink

Not my kind of stuff.

That's depressing, I had always hoped FIF's dream for a stronger scene would've been put into some sort of action by the ska kids down there.

What ska kids? I'm about the only one (meaning the only one I ever met) who could even be considered a ska kid. And I hav'nt been into it for a long time. Plus I've only found four other people who like ska, but not enough to really get into it. When you live in a place where people wear their pain and misery like a badge of honer and people think life is all about being as hardcore as possible, you cant do much. I introduce it to people and I defend it to the bitter end, but this is an emo society. And if you think about it, emo compared to ska is like black compaired to white. Complete other ends of the spectrum.  

bob111234

American Skinhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:26 pm
My scene was elloquently described as such:

We are fenced in by nazis, hottopic is eating people and we are out of booze.

5 active skinheads, 3 reclusive ones, 12 true punks and a whole lot of emo kids. WP people show up to our shows once in a while and strut, but never do anything. Hippies tell us how we are destrying the planet and everyone smokes so much weed...

There are very few good bands and only one good ska band.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:50 pm
We used to have 1 true punk. Man was she beautiful. Walking around with her beautiful, long, blonde mohawk. She moved.  

bob111234

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:04 pm
You know, my local scene has shifted a little.

My band adds 6 more people in the local scene, because I pretty much got them into it and put them back in the scene. So, that's lovely.

Otherwise, I have some concert buddies from the shows. But, sadly they don't live in town. ):  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:08 pm
D.C, man.. not too much ska up here.. mostly punk, as far as that topic goes.  

The Real Conan

Canada3952

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:24 pm
we got a good one round here, 4 good local ska bands i know of and 3 decent punk ones, three of those ska bands are opening for the summer of ska tour, and round here we have a good following true punks theres about 14 or so and for us ska kids we have 15 or so loyal rudies, and us punk n ska kids basically at every concert caus these bands always mix and play togther so we one big happy ska punk community it would seem, shows are fun, plenty of random stuff like habenero eating contest skank offs and mosh pits, even limbo for one ska band

but i went to a screamo show, everyone just stood there, no moshing at all, it was so boring and i mean i could have dealt wwith the music if there was a pit but everyone just stood there and watched them play, then i brought in some ska kids and we started a pit and everyone got out of the way so we had a good little 6 person pit going with all these emo kids watching  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:03 pm
www.myspace.com/fatterthanalbert
www.myspace.com/downtownfiasco
www.myspace.com/champagneofbands
www.myspace.com/6pd
www.myspace.com/samuraideli
www.myspace.com/oddarnie  

MONKIE LAD

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:44 am
HotNPink

Not my kind of stuff.

Could not have said it better myself. The scene here is sub par at best. Yeah we get alot of good bands (loved seeing The Slackers live) and the clubs are nice and all, but unless your at the said clubs, it sucks. All we have are a bunch of talking about how cool they are since they have the newest fall out boy shirt. rolleyes  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff