Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
.•°The Forest of the Divine°•. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:36 pm
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxsan banme arisu wa osanai ko. kirei na sugata de, fushigi no kuni.
xxxxxxironna hito o madowa se te, okashina kuni o tsukirage ta.

I like the plot, I don't think much has to be done, just some fine tuning. As for contests ... hmm ... well tell me what you've got?

sonna arisu wa, kuni no joou. ibitsu na yume ni tori tsukare te.xxxxxxxxxxxx
kuchi yuku karada ni obie nagara, kuni no chouten ni kunrin suru.
xxxxxx

xxxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:52 am
Lady Elmira
Activies/ Games

Avatar Contest-Theme:Honoring out History

Categories-Best Overall, Funniest.

Quote:
As for an avatar contest, I was thinking we could make a list of Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses and nymphs that have something to do with forests and whatnot, providing a description of each, and people could pick one to dress as. The list could include people like arachne, who were turned to forest animals or things at the whim of the gods and goddesses. Plot wise it would fit too, we could call it the 'honor history' tektek contest or 'dress in our honor' tektek contest if we added our own characters to the list

Archery Game- We are going to somehow do this with the random number post style.

Writing contest-poetry dedicated to Artemis and Chiron (prince)

Find Quirinus- scavenger hunt?

Clues- page contest. The __ person every __ pages will be sent a clue. They will post that clue in the thread. Once they have posted it, they will be sent a modest reward for their 'observance'. If they do not post the clue within a certain amount of time or pages, they will not receive their winnings and Chiron will post the clue.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am
Nana Etoile
If she doesn't come on in a certain amount of time will she have to be replaced D:

Yea...I'm pretty sure she's in college, so she must be uber busy. Like I said, if she doesn't show up in a few days I'm just going to start doing stuff without her and tell Blissy that she hasn't been on for a long time and ask what we can do...

You're officially Bellona.
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:47 pm
xxxx

Aww, that stinks. I meant I'm sure college is awesome cause people who go actually wanna go but all that homework ... man that's a pain ... So you're in charge now-temporarily-what?

Yay :'D Okay Chiron my ideas are ... um

Poetry also for Casy? I could think of alot of things ~
ummm .... why am I going brain dead :l
Find Quirinus is more like - Human/Magical Being Hunt xD
Color a Nymph? :'D must be forest-like though of course
Color Casy? (as a Bear?) ... that was lame ... :c
Draw Artemis? (If we do get quite a few artsies people which I am practicing ~ haha)
I like the tektek Idea <3 So use that

This could be for like while we're just talking and stuffs ~
The Co-Hosts would post and it would say "Which path, that path, anyone pick a path?" and there could be a forest nymph floating in the post and it could say under her, "You have one chance to pick the right road, if you choose wrong it could end badly!". So the first three people who quote it get to pick only one path in the order they quoted. The person who gets the correct path that leads them out of the forest wins a prize? c:
The other two ... get to try again later or not at all?

xxxxxx

xxxx

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:52 pm
xxxx

I also know a good graphics shop right now she's full but she made my Gijinka Test Thread Graphics ... although I haven't looked at that shop you mentioned. Also if Mala Praxis opens before May, we could get some nice layouts there too. c: It's just Sake-san hasn't been on ... xc

xxxxxx

xxxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 pm
I think I'll probably stick with that graphics shop and art shop, mostly because I already talked to the owners and they told me that as long as I send in orders by May 1st they can have it done, and I basically sealed the deal with them I was just wait for Lady E's "OK".
We're both in charge, I just kind of wanted her input on things.

Poetry for all mods sounds great! Gives people way more options. What sort of awards do you think about here? I'm leaning towards just twp; 1st, runner up.

I'm still developing the Find Quirinus idea...what I mean by "scavenger hunt" is that we'd give a clue out towards the end of the ball, people would follow that clue to another ball room or an affilate thread where they would find another clue, and they would follow tat clue to another ball room or another affie, ans so one for 6-10 clues until they find a picture of Quirinus. The first person to post that picture in the thread wins. (We'll have to get a different style of avatar art or something to represent Quirinus)

I totally forgot about art contests, but how about doing like the same thing as poetry? I mean to say that, for the art contest, party-goers can draw either hosts and any mods, and we can do best overall of each character.

Uhh....you lost me on the path thing...

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm
xxxx

Ohh I see. That's alright c: I hope Lady E comes back soon xc

Yes, yes it does. Hmm awards? Well first will we buy any items as prizes? and how much are you willing to spend on that?
A first place and runner - up are all we need too many spots costs money.

Ah I knew what you meant but I just had a not-Nana moment. heart

Art is like my second best thing if I'm actually trying on my anatomy <3 Alright that sounds good ... but can we still have the Nymph one by itself? c': unless you want to have each nymph have her own little thingy like there would be Chiron, Artemis, Casy, Belly, ect. art contest, yea I was thinking best over all but runner-up can have recognition?

err ... were you at the last annual ball? with uffie and envy? (unidentified flying objects and Pixelated Envy) well Envy would post this thing and the first person to quote would have to answer that question I forgot if they could try again, I don't think they could ... also I won one time cx anyways ... and they'd get a prize ...

so for the path thingy ... like You or Lady E would post something and it could have a picture of a forest path.

Well it spilts into three and the first three people who quote that post get to choose a path, only one of the paths leads to a prize though the other two get nothing.

Did I clear up? :'D

xxxxxx

xxxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm
Budget wise I don't know what we're going for...Of the 7 million being raised, I know we get like 200k for the room, and I was thinking we'd do some forest items (I'm going to make an ideas list this weekend) for prizes, as well as some pure rewards.

I don't know what you mean by a separate 'nymph' thing, sorry.
I was thinking we'd do a 'best' for each character. Like, we'd do awards for the best drawing of each host and mod and do somewhat smaller prizes, that way more people win. 3nodding

Oh! I know what you mean. We do that at this one charity I go to...anyway, I don't know what sort of question we'd come up with, but if you want to supply some and maybe a specific post style (so people know there is a question afoot) that would be awesome. biggrin

OK...so I get what you mean now on the paths thing, but I just don't know how we can make that work with the plot... sweatdrop ...we're not really looking for a way out of the forest, we're kind of doing the opposite. For clues to find Quirinus, we were thinking more towards signs that he wasn't kidnapped or killed, and then things that made it apparent he was the culprit.

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 am
alright. 7 million is a lot D':

Well like you know there are a lot of nymphs correct ... or are there? Well for the nymphs they wouldn't each have their own art spot, like how Artemis and Castillo and Quirinus do.

Did I say seperate? That's not what I meant xD I so sorry~

I'll see what Nana can do. <3

I see your point ... maybe we can't do that ... oh well. Throw it in the trash :c cause we already have Quirius Scavenger Hunt and if this would be changed ... it would be take the right path to get to Quirinus but .... you see that would confuse ... yea ...

Well .. I don't think my idea came out right when it was in my head ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 am
Another question..
We don't have a fundraiser thread?

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47 pm
Lady E opened this movie poster shop. There's a link on the front. I don't really know how that has been going...

We were going to open a bigger fund raiser once we got some more staff people. What were were planning is that each staff member would sell something. Lady E was going to sell her movie posters (and close the other shop), I was going to sell modest graphics, banners, etc. Is there anything you can think of you could sell? (you mentioned you were good at art, that would work perfectly biggrin )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm
ahh, okay.
I'll have to get back into art mood then. c:

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200

ciel fei soleil

Friendly Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 pm
actually I might make pixilated pokemon to sell instead :'D that'd be so cute~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:59 pm
Whatever you want to do. ^__^  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 pm
I realized the other day that we have a little over 2 months left until the ball begins...so I'm going to PM Lady E and ask her to come in so she can approve the art/layout shop, and if she's not in by Sunday, I'm going to order it all Sunday so the artists/designers will have time to do their stuff.

Please post a tektek of what your avi is going to look like, so I can send it to the artist, and let me know if you have any ideas about the layout.

Lady Elmira
User Image

Luna Verto
User Image

(I know my avi has a male base in this tektek, but i won't be changing it or making a mule. The male base in the tektek is just for the benefit of the artist, so they'll make it look like a guy)

Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff