Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
The Celebration (STILL LOOKING FOR STAFF!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trivia: who is the mother of Dionysus in most versions of the myth?
  Aphrodite
  Semele
  Demeter
  Khrysothemis
View Results

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Hey Dustin/Illuminations, did you get the co-host position?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm
Also, Bliss has asked for a list of the positions open for The Celebration Room, so I was thinking about what roles we would like to be filled.

I think at least one other NPC to role-play and hold the ranks, so that with the host and the co-host, it is likely that there will be an active NPC in the room at all times. Come to think of it, maybe two NPCs would be even better.

Additionally, it might be a good idea to ask for our own room artist or two. The artist can be in charge of or make the majority of the art that will be decorating the room during the Ball. Then we could have another artist as making avi art on request or giving away free random arts to the guests.

So therefore,

1-2 NPCs
1-2 Artists
1 Art manager (to be in charge of commissioning art and setting things up in the room)

Thoughts? Questions? Feedback?

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

I like the Idea of the Title, One MAJOR problem with it though. Once we go live you can NOT change the first post of your room, or it's title. Because if you do, your thread becomes unstickied. and it can be a few hours before it gets stickied again. If it does.

I do like the ideas of how many people for Npcs and Artists though.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 am
User Image
We don't find out about if we got the host spots until atleast the 19th.

I think we should use 2-3 co-hosts, 1-2 artists, and 1-3 regular (general) role-players that aren't a co-host position, but will be there just to keep the thread alive the whole event.

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55 pm
Enjoy the randomness...

Your thread isn't going to have a problem staying a live. Adding more people to your line up, means more people you have to find, and more people that could bail last minute on you.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm
Poyudi Hytori
Enjoy the randomness...

Your thread isn't going to have a problem staying a live. Adding more people to your line up, means more people you have to find, and more people that could bail last minute on you.

...That is me.

User Image

Trust me, though the rooms are going to be stickied, each year less and less come to the rooms. It's better to have a bigger line-up so there is leeway in case people bail-out. I was a room host last year, and a room co-host the year before that.

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:29 am
Okay, so it's noted that the change in seasons (which I really like) needs an easy and accessible way to be communicated throughout the Ball. Let's keep that pot cooking on the back burner. wink

Dustin: What would be the difference in roles between co-hosts and role-players?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 am
GreenInkling
Okay, so it's noted that the change in seasons (which I really like) needs an easy and accessible way to be communicated throughout the Ball. Let's keep that pot cooking on the back burner. wink

Dustin: What would be the difference in roles between co-hosts and role-players?
User Image

Co-hosts need to help with the room before hand, and they get a named character role. Role-players may be someone who wants to just get experience in the ball but doesn't really have all the time to help plan, so they get a part that doesn't have a name (unless they make their own name for the character.) These role-players could be able to bring in a plot, like they could be spies or something sent by Hades or Zeus or something as they are unnamed characters.

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 pm
Epcot Illuminations
Poyudi Hytori
Enjoy the randomness...

...That is me.

User Image

Trust me, though the rooms are going to be stickied, each year less and less come to the rooms. It's better to have a bigger line-up so there is leeway in case people bail-out. I was a room host last year, and a room co-host the year before that.

Enjoy the randomness...

Lest ye forget Dustin. I was a Room host for two years in a row. So please don't try to act like you have more experience then me. It's just rude.

As for the numbers, It is your Room Green. So whatever you decide goes.

An easy way to change the seasons huh? Hmm..... Can't think of one right now. Sorry. I suppose you could use the one of the posts (Besides the first one.) To put something like "The Season is now Winter!" Or something.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:35 am
Poyudi Hytori
Epcot Illuminations
Poyudi Hytori
Enjoy the randomness...

...That is me.

User Image

Enjoy the randomness...

Lest ye forget Dustin. I was a Room host for two years in a row. So please don't try to act like you have more experience then me. It's just rude.

As for the numbers, It is your Room Green. So whatever you decide goes.

An easy way to change the seasons huh? Hmm..... Can't think of one right now. Sorry. I suppose you could use the one of the posts (Besides the first one.) To put something like "The Season is now Winter!" Or something.

...That is me.

User Image

I wasn't saying that I had more experience. And stop calling me Dustin please, only cetain people can call me that now. I don't care if this account used to be that of the wild west room in the 6th annual ball. I changed the name. I want people to get used to this username as the old name is not coming back. Sorry if that sounded rude.

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Epcot Illuminations
User Image

I wasn't saying that I had more experience. And stop calling me Dustin please, only cetain people can call me that now. I don't care if this account used to be that of the wild west room in the 6th annual ball. I changed the name. I want people to get used to this username as the old name is not coming back. Sorry if that sounded rude.

Enjoy the randomness...

I call people by the name I know them as, and I don't go around calling them something new just because I'm asked. Sorry if you don't like, but it simply takes too much time from me to memorize a new name for a person.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 pm
Poyudi Hytori
Epcot Illuminations
User Image

Enjoy the randomness...

I call people by the name I know them as, and I don't go around calling them something new just because I'm asked. Sorry if you don't like, but it simply takes too much time from me to memorize a new name for a person.

...That is me.

So you can't change Dustin to Epcot which everyone calls me now? Not trying to sound rude. I just need to figure out why you are now one of the very very few who call me Dustin still as it has been a week. Just wondering. If it is that you are trying to annoy me, fine, it i working but if not, then sorry if I sound rude, I am not meaning to.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm
Epcot Illuminations

So you can't change Dustin to Epcot which everyone calls me now? Not trying to sound rude. I just need to figure out why you are now one of the very very few who call me Dustin still as it has been a week. Just wondering. If it is that you are trying to annoy me, fine, it i working but if not, then sorry if I sound rude, I am not meaning to.

Enjoy the randomness...

Truth be told, I'm really bad at memorizing names, To remember you as "Dustin" took awhile by itself, but having to learn a new name, and then connect in my mind that the names belong to the same person. >.<' That could take months before it actually sticks.(Depends solely on how much interaction takes place between us.) So I'd prefer to avoid the work, and confusion of it all, and just stick with calling you Dustin.

...That is me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:41 pm
Ah sorry, the transition from Dustin to Epcot took a while in my brain. I think I got it now. c:

Thanks for the clarification about the difference between role-players and co-hosts. I can make a competent decision now.

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 pm
Update

Host: Demeter (GreenInkling)
Co-host: Dionysus (TBA)

Role-player: Ariadne (availible)
Role-player: Silenus (availible)