Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
~тнє яσσм ву тнє ѕєα~ Artists wanted! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:24 pm
I know right? What happened to Lectern's profile?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm
~ι ωαηт тσ вє α ƒιѕн ιη тнє ѕєα!~

Gaia Username: Keya Teh Spazz
Role You Would Like: A Nereid
Past Experiences: I roleplay a lot, on and off gaia. I've been into chatroom RP's lately, but I can write paragraph format or a simpler short hand.
What You Have To Offer: Randomness, ideas, fun, spirit, my soul, and I promise to make my words as interesting (and grammatically correct) as possible!
Other Commitments: I'm a artist to an extent, so if needed I can do small things if you guys want (aka. Avi art for under 50 gold, and the like)
I'm on as much as I can be, and I'll put as much effort into this as I would any other project. (which is a lot!)
Why You Should Be Picked: I know a lot about greek mythology, so my character can make a lot of cracks on that. I love water and the sea, so this theme matches my personality well, and as I said before, I promise to put effort into this, and help with whatever is needed!

Keya Teh Spazz

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:29 pm
Hey Keya,
You're accepted! We're glad to have you as a member of the team. Some thing to start off with is to find a name of your Nereid and to work on your avatar. When you're finished with the avatar, just post it here.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 pm
Well, we have our first plot idea up! I'm also going to be writing my own edit up, so it might change soon.  

Lectern
Crew

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 pm
I really like the plot idea Lectern, nice job on it!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:41 pm
Accepted! Wai.... oh its my future sight again!  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 pm
Hello!

Oh, Whimsical, did you have a particular position in mind for me?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Gaia Username:
Role You Would Like:
Past Experiences:
What You Have To Offer:
Other Commitments:
Why You Should Be Picked:
just fill that out, but yeah, choose any open one you want!  

Mousse Chocolat
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

Keya Teh Spazz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 pm
Well, I've decided to name my nereid Kalypso, meaning 'the concealed one'
Here's where I got my name/info if anyone wants to use this site for reference.
NEREIDS: greek goddesses & Nymphs of the sea

And here's a screen shot of the avatar I will use.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hope you guys like it!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Gaia Username: captains bootie
Role You Would Like: nereid 2
Past Experiences: I role play quite frequently, and I am currently writing a book. I call myself a writer. I also run a guild, so I do have expreiences in running events. I know it takes a lot of work!
What You Have To Offer: I have my writing skills to offer! I enjoy going into great detail, I often use microsoft word to make sure everythings spelled right. I'm also never short on ideas, so if you need anything, just ask!
Other Commitments: I'm having a lot of troubles with school, which takes up a lot of time, along with my guild and a few other RPs, but once I commit to something, I'm in it 100%. I will be on pretty much every day, and I will make it a point to keep up with this.
Why You Should Be Picked: I am a Hellenistic Pagan, meaning, I worship the Greek Gods. I haven't done much studying, but I do know a fair amount on the subject. Poseidon is my patron God, and I love the ocean.
Also, Whimsical invited me! : D

Oh Keya, Theoi is a wonderful resource.

I would like my Nereid to be named Klymene.
Oh, and the avi is a screen shot of the avi I would use :]  

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm
captains, you're in! I know that Whims will bring some dedicated people into this. Also, can you guys give a tektek link for your avatars? That's the easiest way for me to add them to the avatar page.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:04 pm
Hey guys, this is our new re-vamped avatar for our mule. I'm still trying to work out the kinks, but I wanted to use on of the new items, if you have any hair/eye suggestions, just post!  

The Nereid Amatheia

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Check out our new introduction! (Also on the front page.):

“Welcome, landlubbers! Welcome to The Room by the Sea!” a small wooden sign says posted in the smooth sand of the beach. Waves slowly crash in the distance and the smell of brine mixes with the black, rich smoke of a grand bonfire. The sun seems to be stuck setting in the sky, casting red and orange waves against a cloudless blue sky. The sand borders the water in a crescent shape. Far from the welcoming sign, the sand turns into rocks and elevates to form a peak that hovers over the ocean like a balcony. A large statue of Poseidon stands at the top, looking over the sea. Circumscribed around the beach is a large, rolling field of green grass. Horses roam the fields nonchalantly munching on grass before galloping away.
A roadway of sand awkwardly cuts through the sea, leading to one peculiar, flat rock that cracks through the ocean’s surface. A magisterial throne created of two large curved seashells adorned with pearls and other seashells lies on the rock. A fish head made of rock releases a stream of water into the bottom of the seashell that already holds enough crystal clear water to constitute a whole pool. An old, fish-tailed deity sits in the middle of the pool. One of his strong arms was wrapped around the shoulders of Amphitrite, his wife and a nereid. His other hand had a mighty grip on a glimmering gold trident. To some, it would seem that he was more protective of his trident than his own wife. It was his crowning jewel, after all. His closest cohorts join him in the pool for laughter and fun. One half-dolphin woman holds many scrolls of the various news of the sea. One man stands to his Amatheia’s side, bearing great resemblance to her and the deity. Another nereid stands majestically by the others.
Other nereids sit upon comforting rocks. Fish stay close to the surface and dolphins trace lines with their fin. The whole place is warm and calming while a soft breeze brushes the shore. Join in on the fun. Welcome to Poseidon’s room. Welcome to the Room By the Sea.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:54 pm
Well, tektek isn't working for me right now, but heres the code for the pic I used earlier.
Just copy and paste~

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2i903go.jpg[/img]

Keya Teh Spazz

captains bootie

Hallowed Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 pm
Thanks! And no problem- heres the tektek.

The poses arent exact, but whatever, it works.

User Image  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces