Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
phloid's diary - NEW MOTIVATION Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phloid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm
BitterFantasy
phloid
whaaaaat?! xD
I have no idea how it looks like I've lost any more than 8 pounds,
'cause well.. firstly, I thought the jeans picture would make me look much bigger because of how they're squishing me
and secondly, I thought the jeans picture would look bigger 'cause it's bare skin, not being hidden by my tank top.
But still, if you notice it then I'll take it!
They say you never notice the change in yourself until much after others do.
so thanks.

and as for carrying weight well,
I think it's mostly just that I'm so tall, so 184 is actually pretty reasonable.
but yeah, I guess you could say that I carry it quite well also (;

im only 5'5.5". but yeah actually with the tank top not on we can see your lines better. and the thing about tank tops like that is that they dont "hold you in" they just position the fat thats already there differently.i used to do that all the time before i realize it may appear one area to be smaller but at the expense of another area looking bigger. also with the tank top you have in the before picture..all that extra fabric makes you appear bigger than you are whereas the one without the tank top you only see your body.

as for the jean picture. ok its squishing you a bit. but with the right diet and exercise that will go away. very small problem.

keep it up though!

Huh? Are you talking about my like "black tank top motivation" thing from my opening post? 'Cause yeahh, even if they're just moving the fat around, when I wear them I just feel... more comfortable, I feel smoother xD
And the tank top in the picture isn't one of the tank tops I wear for that reason. I just mentioned it making me look less big because it is so baggy and you can't really see me > <

And yeah, the squishing was kinda the whole point of the jeans: trying to fit them better. I was just thinking the squishing made me look bigger than I am because it's squishing up my lower fat focusing it all in one place > <

PS: these posts can be taken in a veriety of different ways. I'd just like to ensure that you know that I'm speaking in a very lighthearted tone ^ ^;

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm
March 9th: Day 4

Breakfast:
xxxCinnamon Mini Wheats + Milk: 245cal.

Lunch:
xxxHam Sandwich: 305cal.
xxxRed Grapes: 114cal.
xxxSource Yogurt Cup: 35cal.

Snack:
xxxIndividual All Dressed Chip Bag: 150cal.

Dinner:
xxx1 cup Pea + Ham soup: 192cal.

Snack:
xxxGolden Grams Cereal + Milk: 338cal.

Water:
xxx72 oz.

Exercise:
xxx1 hour aerobics class: 455cal.
xxx8 minute abs

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1459
xxxCalories Out: 455

Comments:
xxxI like how I did today, quite happy with it, not many other comments... for once > < I feel like I'm doing better right now than even when I had first started in January! I'm proud of my portion control recently  

phloid

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm
Keep up the good work!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:03 pm
Yay, thanks!
I sure hope I can this time (:

phloid

phloid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:13 pm
March 10: Day 5

Breakfast:
xxxMini Wheats + Milk: 245cal.

Lunch:
xxxEgg Salad Sandwich: 275cal.
xxxSource Yogurt Cup: 35cal.
xxxRed Grapes: 104cal.

Snack:
xxx2 servings All Dressed Crispers (crackers): 200cal.
xxxA Granola Bar: 140cal.

Dinner:
xxx1.5cups Pea/Ham Soup + 4 crackers: 336cal.
xxxOasis Strawberry Kiwi Juice: 110cal.

Snack:
xxx: cal.

Water:
xxx70 oz.

Exercise:
xxx1 hour bike ride: 671cal.
xxx8min abs

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1445
xxxCalories Out: 671

Comments:
xxxAte a bit much after school (especially since the granola bar was one of those chocolate covered one, not even healthy > <) But it's still pretty good :3
I had an awesome bike ride today, I finally got my bike tires pumped (I was borrowing my neighbours bike). It's strange that her bike is like.. so new and she paid a lot for it, but I still REALLY prefer my like 20+ year old bike that was my dad's, so much smoother and the gear changer is way easier to use (I'm a gear fanatic)

And YAY ME, I totally resisted my craving to eat ice cream!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 am
Wow, that biking looks like a heck of a workout. Congrats on doing well today, and resisting the ice cream! :D  

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

phloid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:41 pm
Yeah, it's great!
I'm not sure if that's actually even close to the right amount of calories though,
I just type it into this database thing and choose bicycling - moderate then type in how long I did it and it just gives me a number.
but I'm not sure if I do actually stay at a moderate rate the whole time
and also it probably doesn't take into account the massive hills that I ride up.
But yeah, if it's even close it's great,
and I really enjoy myself out on my bike!
I always go out with my neighbour,
and we decided that biking is really relaxing because we're biking along in some great scenery (we live out in the country, so there's lots of trees and fun stuff)
and just all your worries never seem to make it into your head,
all you think about is biking and just... going!
it's a good relaxation acutally... even though you're like sweating, haha!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm
March 11: Day 6

Breakfast:
xxx1 cup Golden Grams & Milk: 290cal.

Lunch:
xxxSubway 6' Turkey Breast: 430cal.

Snack:
xxxJellybeans: 41cal.
xxxChocolate Easter Eggs: 96cal.

Dinner:
xxxA Sausage Burger: 437cal.
xxxOnion Rings + Sour Cream: 301cal.
xxx1.5cups cubed turnips: 55cal.
xxx1 cup Oasis Strawberry Kiwi Juice: 110cal.

Snack:

Water:
xxx48 oz.

Exercise:
xxx8 minute abs

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1780
xxxCalories Out:

Comments:
xxxI ate a bit much at dinner. I was basically full but still decided to finish my whole burger. And I didn't do anything active today, but I was doing really well all week, so this is like my lazy day ( 'cause I kinda napped when I got home and didn't have time to be active outside during the daylight P: )  

phloid

phloid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:54 pm
March 12: Day 7

Breakfast:
xxx(Slept in)

Lunch:
xxxEgg Salad Sandwich: 337cal.

Snack:

Dinner:
xxx4 Chicken Fingers: 400cal.
xxx2 Hash Brown Patties: 160cal.
xxxSalad + Raspberry Vinagrette: 132cal.

Snack:
xxx1cup Ice Cream: 240cal.

Water:
xxx24 oz.

Exercise:
xxx8 min abs

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1270
xxxCalories Out:

Comments:
xxxGave into the ice cream today, but it's not too bad :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 am
March 13: Day 8

Breakfast:
xxxCinnamon Mini Wheats + Milk: 245cal.

Lunch:
xxxSwiss Chalet Hot Chicken Sandwich: 310cal.
xxxSwiss Chalet Fries: 470cal.
xxxSwiss Chalet Vegggies: 76cal.

Snack:

Dinner:
xxxHuge Bowl of Salad: 325cal.

Snack:
xxxPudding Cup: 120cal.

Water:
xxx24 oz.

Exercise:
xxx25min Bike ride: 280cal.
xxx8 min abs

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1546
xxxCalories Out: 280

Comments:
xxxYeahhhh, so I went to Swiss Chalet and... I didn't pick the most healthy meal > < and I was out shopping all day, didn't really have a good opportunity for water.  

phloid

phloid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 pm
March 14: Day 9

Breakfast:
xxxGolden Grams + Milk: 289cal.

Lunch:
xxxAn Apple: 65cal.

Snack:
xxxA handful of croutons > < : 35cal.

Dinner:
xxxRoast Beef: 185cal.
xxxHomestyle Poutine: 423cal.

Snack:

Water:
xxx24 oz.

Exercise:
xxx1 hour Aerobics class: 500cal.

Total:
xxxCalories In: 998
xxxCalories Out: 500

Comments:
xxxWow, didn't realize how little I'd eaten today... then worked out for an hour > <; I think it's kinda alright though 'cause I actually didn't wake up until 12. So my breakfast was then, my lunch was at like 4 then I ate dinner after aerobics, at 8. So I was still pretty full all day, even that apple seemed to tide me over quite well for how small of a lunch it was. But at dinner, I ate a badd poutineee! I could have just simple had fries + Ketchup but I decided to cover it in gravy and cheeeese, bad > <

And I'm also nervous about how my eating & exercise habits will be for the next two days because I'm going on a school tour road trip which = two days spent mostly in a car or hotel room... maybe the hotel will have a weight room I can use 'cause I think tomorrow night is pretty empty for stuff to do.. hah, that'd be fun, I'll be sure to pack sweats.. and a bathing suit in case there's a pool (:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 am
March 15-17: Days 10, 11, 12

Okay so, as I said before, I was gone on a school tour trip for these days so I really didn't eat all that healthy. I made a few good choices; like one night for dinner we went to a little vegetarian restaurant and I ate a nice wrap and it was all good :3 I also had a good turkey sandwich for lunch another day, but otherwise I ate tim hortons breakfast sandwiches every morning or some Wendy's. I dunno, I really just threw my healthy habits out the door for this trip, I just didn't care too much > <
So, none the less, I'm too lazy to go back and log all the food and stuff, there was quite a bit of snacks that I probably wouldn't remember. So yeah, that's why I'm just kinda journalling about it here.
As for exercise, I forgot to bring my workout/bathing suit like I said I would, but it didn't really matter 'cause we went to a cheap hotel anyways and they didn't have anything. But I was doing school tours all day so I basically didn't stop walking at all except when travelling between schools and stuff, or just touring the city.

phloid

phloid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 pm
March 18th: Day 13

Breakfast:
xxxGolden Grams + milk: 290cal.

Lunch:
xxx10 pieces of popcorn chicken: 127cal.

Snack:
xxxCrispers: 100cal.

Dinner:
xxxSteak: 487cal.
xxxFried Mushrooms: 200cal.
xxxMixed Veggies: 90cal.
xxxGarlic Bread: 360cal.

Snack:
xxxIce Cream: 480cal.

Water:
xxx40 oz.

Exercise:
xxx55min bike ride: 615cal.

Total:
xxxCalories In: 2134
xxxCalories Out: 615

Comments:
xxxEff my freakin' life xD I had a lot of difficulty coming back to eating properly after those three days of careless eating. I wanted to snack aaaall day on the most unhealthy things and I just gave into the cravings. I also ate a lot at dinner. And I couldn't get into drinking my water 'cause it was all warm today and it just wasn't appetizing.... at least I took a nice long bike ride today, which was also hard to force myself to do.
Anyways, I'll just try harder tomorrow :3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 pm
March 23: Day 14

Breakfast:
xxxMini Wheats + Milk: 245cal.

Lunch:
xxxEgg Salad sandwich: 360cal.
xxxcelery: 12cal.
xxxCanned peaches: 50cal.
xxx3 caf. cookies: 160cal

Snack:
xxxCheezies: 140cal.

Dinner:
xxxHomemade Pea + Ham Soup: 192cal.

Snack:
xxx1/2cup Golden Grams + Milk: 145cal.
xxxIndividual popcorn bag: 100cal.
xxxGranola Bar: 110cal.

Water:
xxx50 oz.

Exercise:
xxx35min aerobics class: 318cal.
xxx20min step aerobics class: 318cal.

Total:
xxxCalories In: 1514
xxxCalories Out: 636

Comments:
xxxSo, I had a rough week last week. I could NOT get focused again, gained back a couple pounds, but I'm trying again! I still ate a bit much of unhealthy snacks but I had a good calorie count still, so I must be doing good portions at least > <  

phloid

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces