yay!
^.^
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

The Murmur

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:50 pm
McHuggies
Big D and the Kids Table's version of 'Little b***h' and 'Wailing Paddle' were pretty groovy alright.
I thought Skankin Pickles were a pretty good cover band (least of the songs I heard) and RBF did some songs that I still listen to now and then (Take on me).

My band did a cover of 'Under the Sea' from the Little Mermaid lol... I thought it was pretty good xd

Oh! Suburban Legends also use to do that song at shows biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:58 pm
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies
Big D and the Kids Table's version of 'Little b***h' and 'Wailing Paddle' were pretty groovy alright.
I thought Skankin Pickles were a pretty good cover band (least of the songs I heard) and RBF did some songs that I still listen to now and then (Take on me).

My band did a cover of 'Under the Sea' from the Little Mermaid lol... I thought it was pretty good xd

Wait... SL did Under the Sea? Are you serious?! That's too awesome!! Damn I wish I could've seen that, it would've sounded way better than ours blaugh  

McHuggies

The Murmur

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:02 pm
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies

Wait... SL did Under the Sea? Are you serious?! That's too awesome!! Damn I wish I could've seen that, it would've sounded way better than ours blaugh

Yeah, I have a live recording of it if you want me to send it to you  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:10 pm
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies

Please do!! Send it to MC_Huggies@hotmail if ya could, thanks!  

McHuggies

The Murmur

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:40 pm
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
McHuggies

Please do!! Send it to MC_Huggies@hotmail if ya could, thanks!

It's sent.

Enjoy biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:28 pm
Mystical9Ball
It's sent.

Enjoy biggrin

Lol! Yeah, it's a hell of a lot better than my band's version. Thanks again! I'm SO going to send this to my old band members, they'll get a kick out of it xd  

McHuggies

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:29 pm
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
It's sent.

Enjoy biggrin

Lol! Yeah, it's a hell of a lot better than my band's version. Thanks again! I'm SO going to send this to my old band members, they'll get a kick out of it xd

hey mystical9ball....could you send that to me too???? por favor!!

spanks! domokun  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:53 pm
koolbeanzkt
McHuggies
Mystical9Ball
It's sent.

Enjoy biggrin

hey mystical9ball....could you send that to me too???? por favor!!

spanks! domokun

Sure, whats you email?  

The Murmur

a white shadow

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:44 pm
Leveller
AnonymousJoe
Leveller
AnonymousJoe
RBF did a monkey man cover, toasters do a prince buster cover, specials do dandy livingston and toots, i even believe that madness does a prince buster cover, my band does a few RBF covers (weve only written one song)

yeah Madness did a cover of Prince Busters song "Madness" and guess where the band got their name from!
(also the song, "The Prince" by Madness is about Prince Buster)
hahaha alot of the 2-tone ska bands cover eachother or first wave bands

eachother I don't know, but yes many 1st wave covers...specials also covered alot (some) old rock songs like roling stones, little b***h, or soul musik, like rufus - do the dog. (both songs are on specials 1st album)

did the specials do a cover on tears of a clown? because i heard someone else playing it at the dollar theater and i was so confused..  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:11 pm
RBF did hungry like the wolf, brown eyed girl, TONS! Now that I think of it. Damn near every ska band does brown eyed girl. Int dat wierd  

glryrox

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:48 am
glryrox
RBF did hungry like the wolf, brown eyed girl, TONS! Now that I think of it. Damn near every ska band does brown eyed girl. Int dat wierd
wow...it really is true...ive never noticed that till now...  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:50 am
Indeed

Me first and the gimmie gimmies do a lot of covers
Most of the being punk, but they get ska in there quite often

Green day isnt ska, but they do operation ivy covers, like hella lot.

And I think it was posted on here but brown eyed girl, get covered hella lot too.

Reel big fish do lots o' covers
Hungry like the wolf is one of my favorites

Someone did rock the casbah, I dont remember who, it wasent really all that impressive though.

Doctor Nope

O.G. Member

Crimson_And_Clover

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:47 am
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are all cover. They may one or two of thier own songs, but mostly covers. They have one awesome album that's all punk/ska covers of showtunes ("Tomorrow" from Annie, "Science Fiction Doubel Feature" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and the like). It's amazing! And keeping with mainstream-ness...Less Than Jake's "Grease" cover album and Save Ferris' "Come on Eileen". Mostly well-known, but still pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:11 pm
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra does "Tetris"

Which, might I add, OWNS.

Seriously, and they also do Tiny Elephant Parade.
Which is so cool.  

Electric Uncle Akuma

asianska104

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:02 pm
the me first and gimmie gimmies has like 20 songs they cover... a whole bunch, and even hava nagila....did i spell that right? its that song they play at thos really fancy jewish parties WOOT, and i belive i can fly,and a whole lot of other songs... i think more too.

RBF did take on me...and its like the best song ever dadadadaddadadadaadadadadadadadadada talking away i dont know what is else to say....hehe what a great song xp

hey did you notice that on that ep of family guy when lois be came a robber that they played that song..... i didnt notice until i heard Ah ha singing it...man that song is awsome and even when RBF and ah ha and i think NOFX dose it too but wow its so great.....i thinki should stop now eek  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff