Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:02 am
I'm half-tempted to get something dingy like that and give it a try myself. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 am
Crikey, that's a fine looking Doomwheel indeed. burning_eyes  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 am
Now I just need to figure what to paint for the next month's 250 points... 50 slaves and a character perhaps?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:51 pm
DOOM WHEEL! <3 sexy.  

Dragonzealot

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:39 am
Shinobi_8745
Now I just need to figure what to paint for the next month's 250 points... 50 slaves and a character perhaps?
Always put in a character, use it as a reward for painting the blocks of troops. I did the same for my small Guard army. For every infantry squad I painted I would allow myself to paint a model from the command squad.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:46 am
We'll see, since I need all those troopers painted for Feb 6th Warhammer Doubles Tournament... But we'll see. :3

Anyways.

While waiting on more chaos black undercoat I've been working on my chieftain and a plague priest.

I drawed some inspiration from the armybook cover art for the chieftain, based him on the legs from a warlock engineer, last edition's plastic skaven torso, packmaster head and other various bits, also empire knight arms.
The wire will be replaced with guittar wires someday soon when I get my hands on some, I just wanted to see what it'd look like with wire first.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

And as for my plague priest I'm sculpting him pretty much from scratch, short and fat hiding behind his robes, thought I'd get back to sculpting since I got some sculpting tools from a friend over at the-waaagh as a christmas present.

User Image

User Image

C&C are welcome.  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:57 am
I'm not that hot on the Priest, but the Chieftain is looking very nice indeed. Thinner wire would look better on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:14 am
Shinobi_8745

The wire will be replaced with guittar wires someday soon when I get my hands on some, I just wanted to see what it'd look like with wire first.

Says it all. n 3n

Hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow as well as some black primer.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm
And more boring process on my priest. I'm not sure if I'm going to use him at all since I fell in love with the Skrolk model, and will probably end up using him as my plague priest.

Anyways, here's the sculpt so far.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I'm going to work more on his hood and the part that's covering his shoulders/lump on his back and his face, going to give him poxes and all kinds of stuff to make him look more sick.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:05 am
Is that his two front teeth sticking out? Not sure, it's rather a hard model to make out IMO. (If not for the book I wouldn't have guessed a priest type guy if you get me.)  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 pm
Yes it's his teeth, going to re-do his whole head though, the current one would do well with the old skaven clanrats.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:26 pm
Bah, did a lazy thing and gave him a head from the plague monk kit and sculpted him a new hood, so he looks a bit better now, but that's not why I'm here... I WANT A BONEBREAKER RAT OGRE! D:

So... I'M MAKING ONE! : D

Using the things I learned when I made my sculpted ork warboss a long time ago I thought I'd give sculpting yet another try, this time for a Rat Ogre Bonebreaker.

I want it to be about the same size as a rat ogre but not as small, well, not when it comes to it's bulking muscles anyways. Making him look a bit more hunched over as described in the armybook since it's a muscular monstrosity.

I simply just used the plastic rat ogre kit for this (had one which I never thought I'd use since I'm more of a fan for the metal Rat Ogres to be honest), and a bit of greenstuff, sculpting additional muscles onto the body and arms (and beefing up the legs a slight bit) to make it look bigger and more fericious.

I still haven't figured what model to use for the warlord... I might go for a plastic stormvermin, an already existing model or some serious kitbashing.

Anyways, enough talking and more pictures, this is what I've done so far, finished the arms (though I will add more bandage to the right arm since it goes from super-muscly to super-thin) and the front side of his torso, going for the back muscles tomorrow and maybe a bit of fur here and there.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

C&C is welcome.  

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Being unable to sleep I started with his muscles on the back and made the spine visible, might add small spikes to them as well since the spine looks like crap right now.

Just some stitches, boils and fur left as well as a rider.

Also added an orc chariot jaw from one of the riders to the model, might remove his lower jaw completely making him more... "ferocious looking", bluetacked it onto him to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 am
Damn, just damn.

And the addition of the chariot jaw is a nice one, it makes it look more like an insane freak.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:23 am
It looks grotesque, I'm a bit revolted by it. Well done! xp

What's a Bonebreaker BTW? Is it a special unit upgrade or a new special character along the lines of Boneripper?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff