Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
My mission: My heart or my job? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:09 pm
"I think you've got me covered," he assured them as he pulled back on his bloody shirt and jacket.
"Don't strain yourself,"Trish and the Dr. Lee said in unison with similar frowns.
"No worries been through a lot worse,"he smiled his one hundred Wat smile at them before heading off. On his way he heard singing. The girl's voice was soothing, but he wasn't going to walk in on someones private moment. That just wasn't who he was. So he continued walking down the hall, grabbing a muffin from his muffin girl before heading into the dining hall to enjoy his muffin and a cup of coffee. He noted to himself that he would check up on Rena and the little one later, but now it was muffin and coffee time.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:13 pm
She continued to sing until he was lulled to sleep. Carefully, she stood and carried him toward the director's office. She had to face the music sooner or later and it would be easier to say goodbye without him crying. She hugged the child tighter and continued on her way. She paused in front of the office. She took a couple of deep breaths. She knew what she had to do, but she wanted to avoid it.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:19 pm
He was going to report back to the director when he noticed Rena holding her younger brother in front of the office with a pained expression. What in the world was she doing? Then it hit him that she was making sure he was safe even if that meant being away from her. He started walking towards her cautiously, but then stopped. This was none of his business.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 pm
She knocked on the door and entered. The director looked up and let out an exasperated sigh.
"You did again Asho!" He all but shouted. "You know how dangerous it is to run off on your own like that."
"What did you expect me to do? Leave him?" She snapped. "I wasn't about to let him get killed."
"I never said you had to, but you could at least follow protocol. You're going to get yourself killed! Every time something happens to your family, you leap head first into trouble and come back beat up. Don't you ever learn? You're the best of the best! You think you would learn a thing or two by now."
"Well, excuse me for caring about my family. Or did you forget? I lost one to them already. I wasn't about to lose another. I can't put my family through that."
"You're reckless! If you don't start taking this seriously, you're...."
"I am taking this seriously!" She shouted back at him. "Don't you dare accuse me of not taking my job seriously! Don't forget, I gave up everything to be here. I left my family, my life, my innocence, everything to work here! I watched my own brother be killed before my very eyes! And you're telling me I'm not taking this seriously?!"
She didn't care if half the agency heard her. She was furious. The director should have known better than to accuse her of such an insult. The only thing she was regretting was feeling the boy slightly stir in her arms.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 am
He leaned against the wall as he listened to her shout at the director. A life of a agent... he thought, to himself once again. He felt bad for Asho. The loss of her brother really scarred her. He knew how she felt he also lost his own brother though it was by his own hands. Haru gasped at the sudden pang in his heart. He put his hand over his heart as he began humming a song from his brother and his childhood that their mother used to sing to them. Wow, our family is screwed up... Haru sighed, shaking the thought away. Stay on task.
He debated to himself if he should play the hero once again and defend her or wait till the director was done with her.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 am
"If you were taking this seriously, you wouldn't run off on your own." The director shot back. "Look at all the trouble you got yourself in while you were here! You're always going off without a second thought. It's reck-less" He said emphasizing the last word into two distinct syllables as if speaking to a child.
"If I had to sit here and come to you every single time something happened, how many people would have lost their life?"
The director fell silent.
"Exactly. I act on what needs to be done. I take my job very seriously and I will not stand here to be accused, lectured, and treated like a child. I've completed every mission you've given me beyond what you expected. The only one I failed was....." She took a breath. "I just came here to get the ride secured before I said good-bye. My family will be worried. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want to drag them in like when I was fourteen, right?"
Again he was silent.
"That's what I thought."
She huffed, slowly regaining control of her temper once more.
"I'll have the ride ready in five minutes." The director said quietly. "Have him ready by then."
She nodded before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her. She let out a long sigh and briefly leaned against the door, hugging the child as if her life depended on it.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:41 pm
"Wow the directors harsh on you, but I guess you are the most prized agent," he chuckled. "You sure showed him."
He stopped chuckling and let his expression soften into a sympathetic expression as he stared at the child cradled in her arms.
"Life of an agent really sucks especially when it means you have to say goodbye to the ones you love," he said just above a whisper. "I'm sorry."
He patted her shoulder before he started to walk away. She would appreciate his kind words in a small way. He knew that. This was just another baby step in getting her trust little by little. He played out the scenarios in his head as he continued to walk down the hallway slowly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:14 pm
"Hard? Please. This isn't as hard as it gets. And showed him? If I wanted to show him I would've walked again. If I wanted to show him, i wouldn't have left my family." She said simply.
"Sissy?" The boy mumbled sleepily.
"Sh. It's okay. Did I wake you?"
"Are you coming home?"
she paused and sighed.
"Sweetheart you know I can't."
"But I want you to! I miss you, Ren!" He cried clinging to her.
"I know. I miss you too. I'll come home as soon as I can....I promise."
He sniffled slightly.
"Will you sing me another song?"
She smiled at him.
"Come stop your crying it will be alright. Just take my hand hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here don't you cry. For one so small you seem so strong. My arms will hold you keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can't be broken I will be here don't you cry." She sang softly. "Cause you'll be in my heart, yes you'll be in my heart, From this day on now and forever more. You'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say, You'll be here in my heart, Always."  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:35 pm
Haru had just laughed to himself as he continued back to the cafe' for another coffee. He was debating on what to do with himself as he sat there sipping at his coffee. Out of boredom he pulled out his wallet and to his surprise a photo fell out onto the floor. He blinked a few times momentarily before picking up the photo. It was a picture of His mother, his brother, and himself when they were younger. This pulled at his heartstrings a little. He didn't know what happened to his mother, but he had killed his own brother for his betrayal to The Celestials. He sighed as he kept staring at the picture. Guilt was filling him like it did when he did the deed. Again, he didn't understand why he stood by the group. His brother didn't. He had a stronger will then Haru did. He was definitely the better man.
"I'm Sorry," he whispered as if his brother could hear him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 pm
Once he was lulled back to sleep, Rena handed her little brother off and watched him be taken back home...away from her. Her chest tightened and her heart throbbed, but she pushed it back.
She turned and walked in the opposite direction. It seemed that job always brought about good-byes. It was funny, in a sad way, how even after all the goodbyes the job brought, she was still bad at it. She took a deep breath, but didn't look back. She wouldn't let herself. If she did, she very well might keep the boy with her. In doing so, she would risk his life. No. After she lost Alex, she vowed not to put her family or anyone else in danger and she was bent on keeping that vow.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm
"Here," a voice came, bringing Haru back from his haunted thoughts of the past. "You look like you could use one."
Haru looked down to find a warm blueberry muffin in front of him which immediately brought a smile to his face. "Thanks Muffin Lady."
She sighed, taking a seat next to him.
"I wish you'd just call me by my actual name."
"No can do, Muffin Lady."
Yet another sigh escaped her lips, but then she peered over at the photo Haru was still holding. "What's this?"
"A picture of my mother and brother."
"Oh," her voice was understanding, but she had no idea why he actually looked the way he did. "I'm sorry."
"It's fine," he laughed, waving his hand dismissively before munching on his muffin. He then slid the photo back into his wallet as he and his muffin lady spoke idly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm
Finally, she burst into a run. She didn't stop until she reached the training room. She slide against the farthest wall and buried her head in her arms as she sat with her knees to her chest. She needed to pull herself together....she wanted to be alone, but at the same time, it terrified her. She was afraid of where her thoughts would take her. She knew for that's where they always took her. She squeezed her eyes shut trying to block it all out.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm
Muffin lady had to leave so Haru was left alone to his thoughts with a couple of muffins sitting in front of him. He couldn't help, but laugh. Such a trivial thing to make one happy. One would call it a comfort food. Haru didn't see it that way though he ate muffins no matter what mood he was in.
After cobbling up the rest of the muffins Haru decided he should probably go to the training room to burn the muffins off. With that, he got up, went to his room, and changed into a simple t-shirt and some shorts. He wasn't going to do an actual training scenario, but instead he was just going to work out at the gym.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 pm
She gripped her arms tightly. She was fighting tears. She didn't even know why she wanted to cry, she just wanted to cry. She dug her nails into her arms. She wasn't going to break down. She kept repeating that to herself praying that it would by some miracle chance make it reality.  

Shuro2009

Snowflake109

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 pm
Haru almost didn't notice Rena when he passed her in the training room. When it finally clicked in his mind that he walked right past her he stopped in his tracks.
"Why is it I keep running into you Miss Asho when I never did before?" Haru asked, turning with a smile on his face. He acted as though he didn't notice that she was almost in tears.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff