Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Silver RavenWolf? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:11 am
missmagpie
MariusMorningstar
On a lighter note, it appears that Llewellyn has finally decided to get rid of some of the ridiculous cover art. I just saw this on Amazon.
Actually I think it makes it look more like a Harry Potter novel or something.
It looks like A Witch's Bible now, kind of. Although that's not the book it reminded me of first, but I can't remember what the name was; it might just have been a blue-ish version of Farrar's book.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:38 am
MariusMorningstar

We have to think of the time and context that the books were written in. Most of her books were written before the anti-fluff countermovement appeared. Some (not all) of her factual errors can be attributed to this.
We have a counter movement?  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 pm
TeaDidikai
MariusMorningstar

We have to think of the time and context that the books were written in. Most of her books were written before the anti-fluff countermovement appeared. Some (not all) of her factual errors can be attributed to this.

I think we might BE the counter-movement. stare

Kinda worrisome.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:34 pm
Sivirs
TeaDidikai
MariusMorningstar

Kinda worrisome.
May whatever gods they believe in have mercy on their souls!  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Sivirs
TeaDidikai
MariusMorningstar

Kinda worrisome.
stake? pitchfork?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm
phoenix_shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
stake? pitchfork?

Furby. Definitely Furby.  

Sivirs

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:58 pm
Sivirs
phoenix_shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
stake? pitchfork?

Furby. Definitely Furby.
Might work in other countries. But in the US we have that whole "Cruel and Unusual" punishment thing to deal with  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Sivirs
phoenix_shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
stake? pitchfork?
Furby. Definitely Furby.
Might work in other countries. But in the US we have that whole "Cruel and Unusual" punishment thing to deal with
compared to the crime though....  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Sivirs
phoenix_shadowwolf
TeaDidikai
stake? pitchfork?

Furby. Definitely Furby.
I would have thought having to put up with fluffies at all would count as 'cruel and unusual punishment'!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:49 pm
Furby (TM) may not be brought into restricted areas.

(Actuall US Military regulation)  

Operation Shoestring

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:11 pm
AyanamiRei

Bet that has to do with them learning to talk eh?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 pm
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei

Bet that has to do with them learning to talk eh?

Riding the coincidence highway, I actually just heard the reason explained yesterday.

Furbies assimilate things that they hear and spit them back in random order, much like fluff bunnies. The fear is that a Furby will record sensitive government information and then spew it out in a strategically poor time/place. Much like a fluff bunny that reads an SRW book and then spews random phrases from it like they're gospel.

Damn, furbies and fluffies really ARE fitting punishments for each other, more than I thought.

The image of a little creepy furby doll spilling government secrets causes no end to my amusement, though.  

Sivirs

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:59 am
Sivirs
Furbies assimilate things that they hear and spit them back in random order, much like fluff bunnies.
rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:12 pm
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai
AyanamiRei
TeaDidikai

~chuckles~ To Light A Sacred Flame should be a handbook for Arson.

And sacrifice of sheep, most likely. xd

And To Stir A Magic Cauldron is a meth-cooking guide, ja?

Triste Morningstar
So i'm supposed to ride silver's broomstick? No thanks. i'm a caldron girl myself....

Pish. Give me a huge Mortar and Pestal any day.

rofl I don't know . . . that staff looks pretty promising ^_~ Not to mention satisfying lol  

Naomi Tinuveil

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:23 pm
Alright . . . the only thing I'm going to say about Silver RavenFluffBunny is that her books are a good sorce of my daily comedy. I read . . . everything, So far be me to deny myself the . . . "intellectual Bliss"? that comes with reading her "words of wisdom"? I will admit, that while I don't like her (accept for comedic value of my own sick twisted sadistictorial fashion) Amongst the angsty, PMS, sexually frustrated Radical Femininst Ranting spread thickly throughout her books . . . there are pretty decent basic fundamentals hiddin within her books. All I have to say is that if your willing and able to put up and search through all the utter crap piece by gritty piece . . . then more power to ya!

I have respect for all authors, I'm a book whore. But she tests the line . . . and I beleive Llewellyn is partially to blame by publishing such distasteful works with a stern review. But then again, after browsing their entire selection as a whole; I find that a good portion of their books are . . . "less then creditable" it would seem as though they'll publish anyone these days that comes through their doors with a title that cries. "UberWiccaFluffBunny-MoneyMoneyMoney!" or "I'm an agnsty goth on a power trip who hates my parents" ::Shakes head:: it's sad to see the kind of deragatory aspect-religious/political society we are turning out to be.

On an ending note, I do hope that this "Wicca/Pagan" craze ends soon. Not the religion; but the fact that it's become a "popular fad" in the public eye. I just hope the fluffs move onto something else soon . . . their starting to make my eye twitch.

Just throwin in my two cents
~Asha Sahri

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas