Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sign Stereotypes?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 am
Dont worry, I feel your pain. I am actually a lot like a capricorn, but I hate having my horoscope read or astrology charts. Anytime I see something about astrology, I just move on...

I dont know why I am so adverse to astrology...I just am  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:49 am
I'm a Sagittarius, but I've never been called a neat-freak. That's more associated with earth signs. I do act like I know everything, sometimes, but I can't help it because my entire family obviously doesn't. rofl However, Sagittarius is supposed to be optimistic, and I'm as pessimistic as they come.

I'm dating a Pisces, a classic "it'll-never-work" combination, but so far he's a better match than the last guy I dated, who was a typical Aries (arrogant, hardheaded, and liked to solve problems with his fists).

Most of the people I've known have more or less stuck to some typical traits, but very few have matched 100%. My aunt is a Gemini and she loves being the center of attention. (She sang Harper Valley PTA at our last family reunion. rofl ) I don't think she's kinky, though. eek

Boadicia

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:08 am
I dislike star sign stereotypes a great deal. It only takes into account one's Sun sign, and leaves out all the other areas that come into effect. The signs rising in other areas can have a great deal of effect on the outcome of a birth chart.

Then again, I am an arrogant b*****d of an Aries. So, sometimes, the shoe fits. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 am
Don't know a lot about sign stereotypes in terms of personality, but I do have a pet peeve. I'm an Aquarius so I had to call Air in rituals all through high school, so I had to wear yellow/purple. Yellow and purple are the absolute worst colors on me.  

TheDisreputableDog

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Brill Wavedancer
Fiddlers Green
(regardless of how close to my Hellenic astrology I live... ninja )

What is that? confused

Greek, in common speech.
Taurus to be specific.
Entailing an earthy love of life, periodic violent temper, and above all else, a relentless, obstinate, stubborn nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:57 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
I dislike star sign stereotypes a great deal. It only takes into account one's Sun sign, and leaves out all the other areas that come into effect. The signs rising in other areas can have a great deal of effect on the outcome of a birth chart.

You and me both. Grrr.  

Annalixa

SonarP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 pm
I dunno..'specially involving the other horoscopes. I'm someone of two extremes, despite me being a Leo. I can be warm and cuddly, but to others, 'specially right near a friend, I can be just as "supposedly" harsh and frigid as an Aquarius. :^ Ain't that somethin'? Astrology is nice, but I wouldn't rely on them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:53 am
What makes me more angry than stereotypes is when there are people who have never heard of cusps and refuse to acknowledge them.

Me: *reading an astrology book during class one day*
Annoying Know-it-all (AK): So what sign are you then?
Me: I'm a cusper. I'm taurus and gemini. ishish.
AK: WTF you can't be two things you're either one or the other.
Me: *silently wishes to shoot the idiot in the head*

le sigh.  

Usachan

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:40 pm
I've heard that Aries are supposed to be bossy as heck and great leaders, Leos always have to be the center of attention, Gemini are split personality, and Libras are supposed to be fair judges (for lack of better wording). Yeah, thoughs don't exacty fit my family, though, I am bossy as heck....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 am
Usachan
What makes me more angry than stereotypes is when there are people who have never heard of cusps and refuse to acknowledge them.

Me: *reading an astrology book during class one day*
Annoying Know-it-all (AK): So what sign are you then?
Me: I'm a cusper. I'm taurus and gemini. ishish.
AK: WTF you can't be two things you're either one or the other.
Me: *silently wishes to shoot the idiot in the head*

le sigh.

EHHHH I don't hold with the idea of cusping. For me, a planet is either in 29*59' of a sign, or 0*1' of the next. Most of the time when I've talked to cusper, it turns out that their sun is in one sign (let's say...Aquarius) but they have a whole bunch of planets in Pisces or Capricorn (whichever it is). Or the whole of their chart will be cardinal earthy or mutable watery.

But like everything else in astrology, it's all about a system that works for you. Cusps don't work for me, but they work for you. So it goes. 3nodding  

Annalixa

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:40 pm
My fiance is on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer. Some years his birthday lands in gemini and others in cancer or sometimes on the day it changes. He is prity much a mix of the trates of both.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:45 am
Has anyone here read Born on a Rotten Day? I don't remember who wrote it. It's an astrology book about the dark side of the zodiac. It deals specifically with sun signs, but it's funny as hell to read.

It actually suggested that I'm a sexual predator/serial killer in the making. Go figure! rofl

Boadicia

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:39 am
Boadicia
Has anyone here read Born on a Rotten Day? I don't remember who wrote it. It's an astrology book about the dark side of the zodiac. It deals specifically with sun signs, but it's funny as hell to read.

It actually suggested that I'm a sexual predator/serial killer in the making. Go figure! rofl

I may have read that. Or a similar book.

I just remember that in the one I read, it said that an Aries-Aries sexual pairing would end in either the best sex ever, or World War III. Or both.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:22 am
Pretty much everything I've read about pisces are true to me, how ever my best female friend is one as well, and she is nothing like it.  

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:31 am
I am the quintessential Pisces; in fact, my sun and moon were both in Pisces, and my rising sign as well as Venus and Mars are Aquarius. I'm almost all Air or Water mutable signs with a couple Fire and no Earth. And I'm born on a leap day in the year of the Dragon.

Sometimes I think I should come with a warning label.

I found that having a more complete chart worked better than judging from Sun Sign alone; in particular, the Rising Sign seem to affect how the Sun Sign is displayed rather strongly.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff