Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:12 pm
UnholyFayth
Also I Had Learned That It As About Training Ones Spirit Which You Take On In The After Life. (Not Hell.) The After World, Life Whatever You Want To Call It, And Also Dividing One's Self From Your Soul Which Is Connected To Emotion.

Example:
Ones Mind/Brain. Determines The Difference Between Right, And Wrong. (Reasoning)
While Ones Soul Determines The Feelings Of Love, Hate, Pain, Etc. (Emotional Attachment.)

When You Leave This Would You Will Take Form In Spirit.

Becoming One With Your Spirit, Learning To Control It, And Making It Stronger In The Journey From The Physical World To The Spiritual.

Again This Is Only What I Was Told, And Tought

This is highly off-topic, but do your pinky fingers get sore a lot?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 pm
Lol No They Don't For Some Messed Up Reason I Have An OCD Complex With Having To Type This Way, Sorry. ^^  

UnholyFayth

Dedicated Lover

6,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:32 pm
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

While I would agree that, in the vast majority of cases, parasites are social in nature there are one or two per hundred that are not.

Direct non mundane energy drain?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:42 pm
Recursive Paradox
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox
No. Not even as metaphor. I know that LeVayan Satanism uses vampire as a metaphor to describe what Etherism refers to as Those of The Void, which is basically a social parasite, but there's absolutely no usage of anything even resembling the legends (old or revisionist) of vampires within Etherism.

While I would agree that, in the vast majority of cases, parasites are social in nature there are one or two per hundred that are not.

I'd agree with Wing on the rarity, but also the existence of these kinds of people. When I'm near them I have the sensation of an event horizon, but no person; that's my instinctive imaging for those people.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Adalyna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm
This topic always interested me because, I don't believe in vampires, but it gives me a chance to think about how I sound to other people from the outside. I believe in things others consider fictional, vampires just don't happen to be among them. Psychically or socially parasitic people do not truly constitute vampires for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox
CuAnnan
Recursive Paradox

I'd agree with Wing on the rarity, but also the existence of these kinds of people. When I'm near them I have the sensation of an event horizon, but no person; that's my instinctive imaging for those people.
Had a chance to use what I taught you to see them? I'd be interested in hearing your results.  

TeaDidikai

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
My jokes aside, this kind of sheds some light on why modern stories don't portray vampires in a historical way. Besides the history not being what we're used to, it's hard to portray them in the usual getting their asses handed to them by some guy when they're that hard to get rid of.

Also, isn't there one country where it's a black horse.
I don't know... makes for more conflict really.
There's a reason why I like the slow build up of Dracula, which has one of the more traditional killings, but with the (horribly unfortunate) popularity of well, films of the Michael Bay variety, I'm thinking we're going to be seeing more high paced combat in the future.

Not that there's anything wrong with high paced combat, just that the slower conflicts would be nice.

That and I don't know if modern culture would understand Vampire as being removed from Love Interest.

That's the reason I always laugh at my friends who are all into the "OMG vampires are SOOO hawt!!!!" thing. I've started making a huge break in my mind between historical/cultural vampires and fictional vampires though. But even then, I still don't get the Twilight, or Spike and Angel (from Buffy) obsession thing. *shudders*
I love The Historian for that though, because she depicts the vampires as being all gross and puffy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 pm
The only thing I can think of when people suggest Vampires = Smexy is "Ewwww... necrophilia!"  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:49 pm
UnholyFayth
Vampires Are Indeed Real. It Is A Religion I Have Studied Myself. It's Vampirism. Which Follow Under The Lines Of Instinct, And Survival. Blood Is The Life Source Needed To Survive. Though Receiving Blood From A Blood Bank Is Completely Untrue. Blood In Order To Survive Must Be Consumed From A Live, And WILLING Host, And There Can Be No Consumption Of Enough Blood To Actually Kill The Host "That Is Illegal In The Religion, And As Is The Law" . The Religion Of A Vampire Is A Mostly Underground, And Hidden Religion. There's My Small Intake Of The Thread.

No. Just no.
Quote:
The Source Is A Phone Number Of A Very Good Friend Of Mine That Was Born Under The Vampire Ritual, And Works Very Hard In The Religion.

And what kind of authority does your Good Friend have on the "religion" of vampirism?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:29 am
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings
What the hell gives you the right to say that?!
The ability to form rational criticism that is not designed to inspire harm.
Quote:

Would you mind not insulting me!
Questioning your justification is not an insult. Saying you're delusional might be, but not asking for your justification.

Quote:

You clearly have some kind of problem with me
Not really. I have no emotional investment in you what so ever.
Quote:

but I'd really apsciate it if you'd not say things like that. I may be depressed but I'm not delusional.
Being depressed and being delusional are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
http://www.geocities.com/vampiricstudies/psi.html
I hope that works I'm not sure how to use BBC
This really doesn't demonstrate that your assumptions are correct.

I was refuring to you calling me delutional, you have absultly no right to say that. I'd apseate it if you're going to talk about my Mental State you go and get a degree in Psyic or just not say anything.
Nor does it say that they are wrong, it simply says that I'm open to the idea. I never said it was what happens I said it is what I feel is ture.  

redtearsblackwings

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:13 am
redtearsblackwings

I was refuring to you calling me delutional,
I never said "You're delusional". I asked why you think you're not and I have every right to ask that question. Self delusion is common and you're clearly Willfully Ignorant- aka a Fluffy Bunny.

Since this guild is here to help people like you examine the ways in which you're wrong, asking you to examine why you believe something is real rather than something you made up in your head to make you feel special is a perfectly valid question and it should have a perfectly reasonable answer.
Please provide it.
Quote:

I'd apseate it if you're going to talk about my Mental State you go and get a degree in Psyic or just not say anything.
This is what we call Poisoning the Well. I don't need a degree in psych to recognize patterns and issue questions.

Quote:
I never said it was what happens I said it is what I feel is ture.
And thus I ask again: What makes you think your opinion is valid and not a personal delusion?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:19 am
TeaDidikai
The only thing I can think of when people suggest Vampires = Smexy is "Ewwww... necrophilia!"

It's a non-decaying (well, when it is the 'smexy' vampire) body that is able to give informed consent. It might be necrophilia but it wouldn't be the same as doing an inanimate corpse.  

Aino Ailill

Nines19

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:29 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
UnholyFayth
Vampires Are Indeed Real. It Is A Religion I Have Studied Myself. It's Vampirism. Which Follow Under The Lines Of Instinct, And Survival. Blood Is The Life Source Needed To Survive. Though Receiving Blood From A Blood Bank Is Completely Untrue. Blood In Order To Survive Must Be Consumed From A Live, And WILLING Host, And There Can Be No Consumption Of Enough Blood To Actually Kill The Host "That Is Illegal In The Religion, And As Is The Law" . The Religion Of A Vampire Is A Mostly Underground, And Hidden Religion. There's My Small Intake Of The Thread.

No. Just no.

Why? There is an actual vampire religion.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 pm
Nines19
Violet Song jat Shariff
UnholyFayth

No. Just no.

Why? There is an actual vampire religion.

One besides the sort-of religion built up around Edward Cullen?
User Image  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:29 pm
Ainwyn
But even then, I still don't get the Twilight, or Spike and Angel (from Buffy) obsession thing. *shudders*

Because David Boreanz is drop dead schmexy! Granted, I prefer his character in Bones much more to anything he ever accomplished in Angel.

redtearsblackwings
I'd apseate it if you're going to talk about my Mental State you go and get a degree in Psyic or just not say anything.

User Image (Vio, I love you for this smiley, blaugh )

Did you not get mad earlier when someone suggested you talk to a counselor/psychiatrist, someone who does have a degree in psych?

redtearsblackwings
Nor does it say that they are wrong, it simply says that I'm open to the idea. I never said it was what happens I said it is what I feel is ture.

Okay, however just because I might feel it is true that this one guy I love and adore secretly admires me and stalks me, doesn't make it true. As Cu put it previously, belief in the face of opposing fact is denying reality.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff