Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Herbalism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 am
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Quote:
Don't treat me like I'm lazy. I do as much as I can with the resores that I can.
This isn't the case. Hells bells. If you spent half the time on making a small potted garden that you do perpetuating your delusions of persecution on Gaia, you could have quite a collection of plants by now.

HOW do I get it though you're tiney little head that I dont have a delustion. Telling me that I'm not putting in effort, is saying that I"m lazy.
And I dont have the room in a shoe box flat for a garden, I do look into those kind of things.

Oh, I may reagret this.

I spent 4 years in a shoebox, but you know what, there were windows. Unless you live in a basement you should have windows. I grew peppers, parlsey, sage, tomatoes and other veggies in pots, on the windowsils. You don't have to have land to have a garden, just some inginuity/imagination. I wanted a garden, I lived on the 2nd (first appartment) and 6th floors, no garden space, but I decided that having fresh veggies and herbs was important to me. So I came up with ideas, I saved up and bought a variety of pots, I saved money by starting seeds myself. Heck I grew some plants in empty beer bottles when I couldn't afford pots.

Its like talking to a wall...
I don't have the room, I've got alot of other things, as I've been kicked out of home.
When I said I looked into it I mean I looked at all the options.
When/if I find someone to live with me I'll get a bigger place and then start setting things up.
I would put things on the window sill but they are small, as in too thin to put anything on them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:27 am
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Quote:
Don't treat me like I'm lazy. I do as much as I can with the resores that I can.
This isn't the case. Hells bells. If you spent half the time on making a small potted garden that you do perpetuating your delusions of persecution on Gaia, you could have quite a collection of plants by now.

HOW do I get it though you're tiney little head that I dont have a delustion. Telling me that I'm not putting in effort, is saying that I"m lazy.
And I dont have the room in a shoe box flat for a garden, I do look into those kind of things.

Oh, I may reagret this.

I spent 4 years in a shoebox, but you know what, there were windows. Unless you live in a basement you should have windows. I grew peppers, parlsey, sage, tomatoes and other veggies in pots, on the windowsils. You don't have to have land to have a garden, just some inginuity/imagination. I wanted a garden, I lived on the 2nd (first appartment) and 6th floors, no garden space, but I decided that having fresh veggies and herbs was important to me. So I came up with ideas, I saved up and bought a variety of pots, I saved money by starting seeds myself. Heck I grew some plants in empty beer bottles when I couldn't afford pots.

I don't have the room, I've got alot of other things, as I've been kicked out of home.
When/if I find someone to live with me I'll get a bigger place and then start setting things up.
I would put things on the window sill but they are small, as in too thin to put anything on them.

You've been kicked out, fine. 3 weeks ago my home was on fire. We had to leave everything there, including our pets. We managed to grab our cats, but that left both birds, the rats and the mice in a burning building. It wasn't until the following day that we were even allowed to see if our pets survived. We got lucky, most of them are fine, but Timmy suffered irriversable lung damage. Do you have any idea the vet bills for birds? And the bills for mice are even more, we have 11 of them. Medication to treat all of our pets for smoke inhalation and toxins from burned electronics.

We also only have somewhere to live because my Mother-in-law has been kind enought to let us live in her spare bedroom. And you know what, even after all of that I have still maintained my potted garden and maintained my spiritual practices to the best I can without violating the hospitality of my Christian host.

Some things are worth working for. If it's something that is really important you find a way.

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Collowrath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 am
redtearsblackwings

Since the sill is small, you might try building a shelf or something to extend it. You might have to ask your landlord if it's alright though. I'm sure there is a how-to on the internet somewhere. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:46 am
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings

Since the sill is small, you might try building a shelf or something to extend it. You might have to ask your landlord if it's alright though. I'm sure there is a how-to on the internet somewhere. 3nodding

Its a rent property there for I can't do anything like that. AGAIN I say when I said I'd looked into this I looked into all the options.  

redtearsblackwings

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:50 am
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Quote:

Oh, I may reagret this.

You've been kicked out, fine. 3 weeks ago my home was on fire. We had to leave everything there, including our pets. We managed to grab our cats, but that left both birds, the rats and the mice in a burning building. It wasn't until the following day that we were even allowed to see if our pets survived. We got lucky, most of them are fine, but Timmy suffered irriversable lung damage. Do you have any idea the vet bills for birds? And the bills for mice are even more, we have 11 of them. Medication to treat all of our pets for smoke inhalation and toxins from burned electronics.

We also only have somewhere to live because my Mother-in-law has been kind enought to let us live in her spare bedroom. And you know what, even after all of that I have still maintained my potted garden and maintained my spiritual practices to the best I can without violating the hospitality of my Christian host.

Some things are worth working for. If it's something that is really important you find a way.

I'm sorry about what happend to you, but by the shounds of it you're in a house.
I'm in a two roomed shoe box, that I can't do anything with. I do as much as I can with what I have got, why can't you accept that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 am
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings

Its a rent property there for I can't do anything like that. AGAIN I say when I said I'd looked into this I looked into all the options.

That's why I said you might have to ask your landlord.

Seriously, people are throwing out ideas trying to help you get started. Yeah, a lot of us (maybe most of us so far), are RENTERS. Yet, we find ways to make it work. There's no sense in pulling an attitude at people when they say to try pots or to ask about setting up a shelf. Hell, my partner's room has a set of wire shelving from Wal-Mart (it was between 10 and 20$, can't remember exactly), set on wheels, in front of his window. It's absolutely covered in plants. smile That might be a good idea for you as well.

btw, his room is about 8 feet by 7. Think of it this way - not much room = cozy.  

Collowrath

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 am
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings

Seriously, people are throwing out ideas trying to help you get started. Yeah, a lot of us (maybe most of us so far), are RENTERS. Yet, we find ways to make it work. There's no sense in pulling an attitude at people when they say to try pots or to ask about setting up a shelf. Hell, my partner's room has a set of wire shelving from Wal-Mart (it was between 10 and 20$, can't remember exactly), set on wheels, in front of his window. It's absolutely covered in plants. smile That might be a good idea for you as well.

btw, his room is about 8 feet by 7. Think of it this way - not much room = cozy.

Well its a little frustrating when I've already staied that I've tried things.
However the trolly is a new idea and I'll have to see what I can do about that. Mind you it might take some time for me to get something like that up and running.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:03 am
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings

However the trolly is a new idea and I'll have to see what I can do about that. Mind you it might take some time for me to get something like that up and running.

It is frustrating, I understand. But hey, I threw some ideas out and we found one you hadn't tried yet! I hope you can get something working for you. smile  

Collowrath

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings
Collowrath
redtearsblackwings

It is frustrating, I understand. But hey, I threw some ideas out and we found one you hadn't tried yet! I hope you can get something working for you. smile

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 am
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Quote:

Oh, I may reagret this.

I'm sorry about what happend to you, but by the shounds of it you're in a house.
I'm in a two roomed shoe box, that I can't do anything with. I do as much as I can with what I have got, why can't you accept that?

I can accept that you're living in a small space, and you've said that you have thought about some things. What I was trying to say in my original post is that there may have been some things, like the shelves suggested by Collowrath, that you may not have thought of.

We've got 1 10x10 room, that's it. We're allowed access to the bathroom but most of the house is off limits. We've got a couch and a twin bed. Most of our pets have been relegated to living in the garage. It's no where near what we had. We're rebuilding and looking for a house of our own.

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 am
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
Shearaha
redtearsblackwings
TeaDidikai
redtearsblackwings

Quote:

Oh, I may reagret this.

I can accept that you're living in a small space, and you've said that you have thought about some things. What I was trying to say in my original post is that there may have been some things, like the shelves suggested by Collowrath, that you may not have thought of.

We've got 1 10x10 room, that's it. We're allowed access to the bathroom but most of the house is off limits. We've got a couch and a twin bed. Most of our pets have been relegated to living in the garage. It's no where near what we had. We're rebuilding and looking for a house of our own.

All I am saying is that people should be listing to what I'm saying rather then assuming that I havn't thought of shelves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:04 am
You don't need them to be on anything, just by a window. Hell, we keep our plants on the dining table. You don't even need that, just keep them on the floor, unless you have mice or something else that'd eat them. As long as they're getting sun they'll be fine. Keep a towel or something under them to absorb any water they might not absorb.
We got a whole tray of these little beginner pods. Like little balls of dirt in a mesh netting that holds the dirt together. You fill up the tray with water until the pods don't absorb anymore. Then you break the mesh apart at the top, dig a little hole, put some seeds in, push the dirt back over..
And just water them whenever they start getting dry. Then they'll sprout and you can put them into proper pots. smile It's a really good quick start at growing things like that.

We also took a small board and nailed it to the windowsill to extend it for flowers that need more direct sunlight. I don't think you'd need a landlord's permission for that as long as you take it down with no damage before you leave.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 am
redtearsblackwings

See to have seeds, you need a HOUSE, to have a house you need money. I dont have a house I have a shoe box flat. With very limited room.
Of couse I've looked into growing them myself, I'm not stupid.
I find this post ironic.

You claim not to be stupid, but you aren't aware that you don't actually have to live in a house in order to own seeds. Most peculiar.

Bottom line, if Herbalism is going to be part of your path, you'll make it work. Shearaha is a good example of what a little effort can accomplish.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:54 am
redtearsblackwings

HOW do I get it though you're tiney little head that I dont have a delustion.
More flames.
Just in case anyone is interested, my hat size is a perfect 7 1/2. 3nodding

Lastly, some of these plants can be grown in a baby food jar full of water and do not need direct and timely sunlight. I don't care how small a place you live in, if you say you can't fit a couple baby food jars of water in your apartment, I'm going to call you a liar.  

TeaDidikai

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 pm
redtearsblackwings

The statement that you have 'tried things' is in no way equivalent to he statement that you have 'tried everything.' Your anger at suggestions is illogical and rude.

Edit: Rather, it is the manner in which you deal with that anger which is rude, not the feeling itself.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff