Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:26 pm
VampireMetal
but i didnt have much to lose

Actually, you had a lot to lose. As Tea has pointed out, your actions ran directly contrary to the person you aspire to draw people to - Yeshua or Jesus. You also had the respect of others to lose, which is much harder to gain back than to earn from the beginning, and the respect of yourself for not acting in accordance to your religion and religious dictates.

Interactions with other people matter. If your attitude is that you have nothing to lose when approaching a group of people you don't know, so you can act in any way you wish, and you are trying to represent your religion, you are doing both yourself and everyone you approach a huge amount of harm.

You have a lot to lose.  
Violet Song jat Shariff

In the few Pagan threads I tend to regular out in the forums of Gaia, every now and then we get folks who drop in with the "Pegens suck! and thyr stupid!" or even "wurshiping nature is a good thing so i support pegans" and this guild to me has always been a sort of hide-away from things like that.
I expect that's going to change since the new system rolled out.

Quote:

I've never seen the strong opinions as an effort to convert. When I am shown that something I am holding on to is horridly flawed, sure I accept and adapt. Otherwise I take the strong opinions with the mentality of "That is what works and makes sense to them and I can understand why it works and makes sense to them."
What prevented you from doing the same here?

Quote:

True. I think I was focusing more on the "Why would you go through my freezer?/Why would you be a bother?" aspect of it sweatdrop .
Ah. Well, in that case, the answer would be anything from an apologetics perspective (that kind of meat is really bad for you!) to a fundamentalist perspective (I don't want to see you suffer torment for consuming those animals!).

Yes, it would be disrespectful, but they why isn't really a mystery.  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

Succubus Sovereign
VampireMetal
Succubus Sovereign
When I first saw this thread, i thought it was a joke. But then I saw that she was serious and was like "omg no she didn't!" but oddly it was funnier when I realized she wasn't kidding.
Just the idea of doing that in a pagan guild.. But anyways. You seem nice and... Just wondering but. When you say you "care" do you mean that in the sense that "I care and want to save your souls" kind of way?

okay im going to be done honest. yes in that way, and i know alot of you stand firm i what you believe in and i admire that, and respect that. but i cant make you do something you dont want to, and now that i think of it it was kind of disrespectful , but i didnt have much to lose, and i doubt alot of people would even go on to the website or even care. but i still did it, because i know it sounds like a load of crap i do care about people but im not going to push you in it

Thank you ^-^ For.. trying I guess? Or something anyways.

lol okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:28 pm
Deoridhe
VampireMetal
but i didnt have much to lose

Actually, you had a lot to lose. As Tea has pointed out, your actions ran directly contrary to the person you aspire to draw people to - Yeshua or Jesus. You also had the respect of others to lose, which is much harder to gain back than to earn from the beginning, and the respect of yourself for not acting in accordance to your religion and religious dictates.

Interactions with other people matter. If your attitude is that you have nothing to lose when approaching a group of people you don't know, so you can act in any way you wish, and you are trying to represent your religion, you are doing both yourself and everyone you approach a huge amount of harm.

You have a lot to lose.

yes and i regret giving him such an image. and alot of Christian do that, when actually jesus would have just hanged with you guys and started up a conversastion. so yes your right i lost that, and that is one of the very things driving people away from Christianity  

VampireMetal

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:29 pm
VampireMetal

yes and i regret giving him such an image. and alot of Christian do that, when actually jesus would have just hanged with you guys and started up a conversastion. so yes your right i lost that, and that is one of the very things driving people away from Christianity
What kinds of things are you going to change so you can reconnect with Agape?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

In the few Pagan threads I tend to regular out in the forums of Gaia, every now and then we get folks who drop in with the "Pegens suck! and thyr stupid!" or even "wurshiping nature is a good thing so i support pegans" and this guild to me has always been a sort of hide-away from things like that.
I expect that's going to change since the new system rolled out.

Me too sad

Quote:
Quote:

I've never seen the strong opinions as an effort to convert. When I am shown that something I am holding on to is horridly flawed, sure I accept and adapt. Otherwise I take the strong opinions with the mentality of "That is what works and makes sense to them and I can understand why it works and makes sense to them."
What prevented you from doing the same here?

I didn't feel that I was shown that what I am holding on to was horridly incorrect.
And her execution was, well...not the best way to present what she meant to convey and I acknowledge that that made a cast over the way I received it.

Quote:
Quote:

True. I think I was focusing more on the "Why would you go through my freezer?/Why would you be a bother?" aspect of it sweatdrop .
Ah. Well, in that case, the answer would be anything from an apologetics perspective (that kind of meat is really bad for you!) to a fundamentalist perspective (I don't want to see you suffer torment for consuming those animals!).

Yes, it would be disrespectful, but they why isn't really a mystery.

I know.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:37 pm
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

What kinds of things are you going to change so you can reconnect with Agape?

well not just lunge it into the conversastion i mean good to know somebody first and then ease into it. if they don't want to talk about it then fine i wont push it. ill listen to there beliefs. so tell me about your religion, all the major points and how you come to believe them  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:38 pm
VampireMetal

I, for one, would like to see you act on your regret by engaging with Tea's excellent and expansive response to your early posts, then.

As for "driving people away from Christianity," YHWH was quite able to do that himself for me, at least. The disrespectful behavior of Christians just made me glad I wasn't represented by them.

VampireMetal
so tell me about your religion, all the major points and how you come to believe them

No. I don't share precious things directly with people I don't respect.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:42 pm
Deoridhe
VampireMetal

I, for one, would like to see you act on your regret by engaging with Tea's excellent and expansive response to your early posts, then.

As for "driving people away from Christianity," YHWH was quite able to do that himself for me, at least. The disrespectful behavior of Christians just made me glad I wasn't represented by them.

VampireMetal
so tell me about your religion, all the major points and how you come to believe them

okay thats fair. i can understand that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:44 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

I didn't feel that I was shown that what I am holding on to was horridly incorrect.
Remind me, what religious tradition were you raised in?

Quote:

And her execution was, well...not the best way to present what she meant to convey and I acknowledge that that made a cast over the way I received it.
Fair enough. Is it safe to say some of this may stem from being uncomfortable with a conflict between the traditions of your childhood and your current path?  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

Remind me, what religious tradition were you raised in?

Baptised as an infant into the Episcopalian church.
Baptised as a teenager into a Baptist church.

Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough. Is it safe to say some of this may stem from being uncomfortable with a conflict between the traditions of your childhood and your current path?

Very fair 3nodding .
I try to work on it...and this helped. A lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 pm
VampireMetal

well not just lunge it into the conversastion i mean good to know somebody first and then ease into it.
That's a start. How about actually caring about them? I mean, the only real benefit I have seen from the LDS missionaries is that occasionally they offer to help with the house work I am doing when they come to "educate" me.

So this is a sign of love in action- caring, charity, aid to those who need it.

How could you employ such a thing?

Deoridhe

Me Too!

Quote:
To be fair, you posted a fair mount of it online.

VampireMetal>> Your last several posts have shown an acknowledgment and taking responsibility for your actions. It's a good start, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:52 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:

That's why I included the word "directly". Telling an individual requires additional effort when there's no sign there's a point. It's the effort, more than the information, which I refuse to put out.

I AM lazy, after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

Baptised as an infant into the Episcopalian church.
Baptised as a teenager into a Baptist church.

Whoa. Those are some pretty heavy covenants.
How are you dealing with those broken oaths again?

Quote:

Very fair 3nodding .
I try to work on it...and this helped. A lot.
User Image  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

well not just lunge it into the conversastion i mean good to know somebody first and then ease into it.
That's a start. How about actually caring about them? I mean, the only real benefit I have seen from the LDS missionaries is that occasionally they offer to help with the house work I am doing when they come to "educate" me.

So this is a sign of love in action- caring, charity, aid to those who need it.

How could you employ such a thing?

Deoridhe

Me Too!

Quote:

VampireMetal>> Your last several posts have shown an acknowledgment and taking responsibility for your actions. It's a good start, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

thanks im not afraid to admit when im wrong and i was wrong. this is a guild where you should feel safe from confrontations like this, and i wasn't thinking about that when i posted this thread. i hope to learn from this mistake  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff