Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Garth Nix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flitterbye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:44 pm
I've read the Abhorsen Trilogy and I loved it. Sabriel was awesome, but I was so annoyed by Sabriel's son all through Lirael that it took away from the book. Abhorsen more than made up for it though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 pm
i've read a couple of his books, including the Abhorsen trilogy. Sabriel was my favorite. I love mogget, he is such a good character.  

Aegialeia

soupyeh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:15 pm
I love the Abohorsen books but my favorite is the keys to the kingdom. 2 more books left! weeee!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:55 am
Aegialeia
i've read a couple of his books, including the Abhorsen trilogy. Sabriel was my favorite. I love mogget, he is such a good character.

I agree, Mogget is awesome and Sbriel is my fav. I didn't really like the time skip that much with the second book. But it was still really good.  

sabriel111

SexyDeity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:05 pm
Yeah, the Abhorsen and the Seven Tower series are definitely some of his best works... I haven't even finished the Abhorsen series yet and I like it a lot. The seventh Tower series were all sooo good, I love how he makes something so completely imaginary and still make it seem like it could happen. He can combine words with images and make something special.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:32 pm
I love Garth Nix! Everything he does in phenomenal.  

thecentaurspromise

Aquamarine415

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:04 pm
i heart garth nix!
I espicially like SHADE'S CHILDREN and THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:24 pm
I've read all that's been out. i heart him  

Mikiela

xpumkynxmonkiex

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:26 am
I've read Saberial and Laerial, (sorry for misspelling sweatdrop )
I've also read Shade's Children.

Very good author.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:25 pm
worthlesshadow
I am surprised that no one has put Garth Nix up yet.... surprised his books....so...freaking...wonderful...

I agree. He does have some pretty amazing books.  

TribesmanGaming

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

painless_lover_kawaii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:57 pm
yeah, I've read books 1-3, and getting 4 soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:27 pm
eek I'd actually forgotten that the 7 towers series was by him! I loved that series. All of his books are great, they suck you in and paint a very realistic world. I'm going to have to re-read all his stuff, I haven't done that in awhile. Lirael is my favorite character because she feels like she doesn't belong. I can totally relate to that. I think I've read all of his books that are out right now except Lady Friday. My library didn't have it. I like the fact he is so versitile. Most of his books seem aimed at teens, then there's his 7 towers and Keys to the Kingdom series that pre-teens acn enjoy too. It makes his work very fun to read.  

storylistener

pirateninjahero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:34 pm
i never knew garth nix made so many books!! i should go read them right now!! haha ... i have read the the keys to the kingdom series ... I heart LOVE heart IT ..... so far 5 books have come out, out of 7 i believe please correct me if i am wrong ... but i am going to look about those other books  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:12 am
I've only read Sabriel cuz in Slovenia we don't have the others crying  

longbow_princess

fairywaif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:05 pm
I've read the first two, but I haven't been able to get to Abhosen yet. I also read Shade's Children, which was so bittersweet it made cry, but feel happy.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff