Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mercy, Vengeance, Justice, and Divine Mandate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your faith mandate justice?
  Yes
  No
  Sorta Kinda
  Not Really
View Results

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:38 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe
I do that a LOT.

"Hey, Loki, um.... I need to focus. No, no, no, don't muck with my eyes - FOCUS. No, I don't need the sun setting that on fire. Focus... oh ******** it, I'm going to go talk to Frigga."
I don't think I'll be asking a God whose main interaction with me is to poke me sharply in the head every so often to remind me that he's there for focus. gonk

No, I do that with Thor quite a bit.

ninja It was mostly a joke.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:40 pm
Deoridhe
saint dreya
Celeblin Galadeneryn
It would take an entire paragraph for me to go through all of Zeus' functions, the same with Tyr. What I don't like is the trap people fall into where since one God was labeled one thing, you can't label other Gods that.

not to mention the fact that if you get along well enough with a deity, why not go to them for something you need, even if it's not on their "moves list".

I do that a LOT.

"Hey, Loki, um.... I need to focus. No, no, no, don't muck with my eyes - FOCUS. No, I don't need the sun setting that on fire. Focus... oh ******** it, I'm going to go talk to Frigga."

3nodding

because of all the compartmentalizing that happened with correspondence lists, all to often i remember little voices saying "yesterday, i called on Venus/Aphrodite for my love spell"...i cringe a little every time, especially knowing how close i've come to my kindred and would feel a lot more comfortable asking my great grandparents for something that personal. plus, it helped they were über adorable together.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:40 pm
Deoridhe
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe
I do that a LOT.

I don't think I'll be asking a God whose main interaction with me is to poke me sharply in the head every so often to remind me that he's there for focus. gonk

*thumbs up* I got it, it just still made my brain gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:45 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Deoridhe
I do that a LOT.

*thumbs up* I got it, it just still made my brain gonk

It was supposed to.

I AM, for all intents and purposes, his and Odin's you know. 3nodding  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:17 pm
saint dreya
plus, it helped they were über adorable together.
I've known for a long time I liked you. Now I have to adore you, you sweet Godless Heathen you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Critical Thinking and logic
Critical Thinking? Logic?

What gods are these, and what must I sacrifice to them?  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:46 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

The ultimate Rite of Dedication to the God Logic and Lady Critical Thinking uses a chicken and an egg, but I can't tell you which to sacrifice first.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:35 am
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

The ultimate Rite of Dedication to the God Logic and Lady Critical Thinking uses a chicken and an egg, but I can't tell you which to sacrifice first.

The egg.
Dinosaurs had eggs.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:26 am
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

The egg.
Dinosaurs had eggs.
~waits for the men in the dark robes to sneak up and haul you away~

Giggles aside, there are some elements of my tradition that relegate very specific kinds of revenge to a very specific being.

Legends I have heard from my family and other Rroma talk about a spirit that was shown hospitality by a Rroma "wise woman" for lack of a better English translation. In turn, she has been known to punish those who mistreat the Rroma. This isn't something you ask for. You don't talk to this being, evoke her for spells or anything of the sort. She acts of her own accord, but if you happen to see her, you stay the hell out of her way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:34 am
TeaDidikai
Legends I have heard from my family and other Rroma talk about a spirit that was shown hospitality by a Rroma "wise woman" for lack of a better English translation.

What's it in the native?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:51 am
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai
Legends I have heard from my family and other Rroma talk about a spirit that was shown hospitality by a Rroma "wise woman" for lack of a better English translation.

What's it in the native?
My family's dialect? Baba De.

Edit:
In common Romani, it would have likely been Phuri De. But Baba is the honorific my family uses and I get the sinking suspicion that it got jumbled with some other dialects from my Baba's time in the Camps.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:02 pm
TeaDidikai
saint dreya
plus, it helped they were über adorable together.
I've known for a long time I liked you. Now I have to adore you, you sweet Godless Heathen you.
well they were! Hel, my grandmother and her recently deceased husband were amazing, too. and because of this post, i've started my own "correspondence" list, if you will, using people i know and literary figures i would love to incorporate into my life.

and i do too have gods, xp

((((huggles))))  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:09 pm
Ancestor worship, despite how large a role it played in numerous pre-Christian cultures, doesn't seem that big in modern paganism all things considered.

Same with luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Ancestor worship, despite how large a role it played in numerous pre-Christian cultures, doesn't seem that big in modern paganism all things considered.

where did that ancestor thread go?

TeaDidikai
Same with luck.

akin to the idea of Wyrd, or different? i would love to see this aspect from your perspective.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 pm
I honor my ancestors the best I can (what with not knowing jack about quite a few of them), but I generally don't lay out offerings or any such thing when I practice. Akh(u) are important, but not just anyone becomes Akh, especially if they did not have the proper procedures done at death. My ancestors are important to me, but I highly doubt any of them became Akh.

ETA: I also feel uncomfortable participating in ancestor worship, when most, if not all, of the ancestors I personally know about followed religions where such is not accepted.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff