Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[-][L-A][P-1x1] .:A Not-So-Classic Romance:. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 am
P e t e r - W i n t e r s

Peter looked up, temporarily leaving his roast duck to take a sip of the wine. He had only tasted wine on some special occasions, but he was acquainted enough with it to know that this wine wasn't like any others he had tasted before. He had caught sight of the bottle before Sebastian retreated and saw that it was quite old. Ah, how he would come to miss all this when it was over.

"Perfect," Peter remarked. Peter smiled himself when he saw Eduard's gentle smile and heard the remark that followed. Peter blushed. Why did Eduard find it so amusing to tease him so? Although he couldn't say that he really minded it much.
Peter laughed lightly. "One last question." It seemed that both being in character and being around Eduard had helped Peter start to rid himself of the stutter that had plagued him all of his life. "What is the plan for the not-so-far future? Married and then a divorce due to a quarrel on the honeymoon?" It felt weird to speak so nonchalantly about such serious matters.

L a d y - R o s a l i n e

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Eduard smiled, "That would be the plan, yes. Of course once we have separated you would be given a portion of my own wealth." the Marquess sipped his wine, glad that Sebastian had brought out this particular bottle.
It was Eduard's favorite vintage and year.
"A nice house in the country, or something in the city if you'd prefer. Of course a couple of servants and spending money. It would hardly be as fancy as this, but certainly more than enough to live comfortably on for the rest of your life." his dark eyes locked on Peter. "You would sometimes still need to maintain the guise of a woman but... well, your life would be far easier and surely you would be able to break from that guise from time to time and find love, if that is your wish." he shook his head slightly, gaze back on the duck as he cut into the delicate meat. "I would never want to deprive you a family, Peter. After this charade is over, you are free to do as you will... as long as this secret is kept."

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Peter laughed. "Of course it will be kept. I have no reason to reveal it... And if ever I did, I wouldn't." He locked eyes with Eduard, his gaze assuring and confident. Really, being even partly in character was making him quite bold. And there was only a trace of a blush this time around. "About that portion of wealth..."
Peter fidgeted a little, not sure how to approach the matter. "I'm really not in this for wealth... I just wanted to stop depending on my family and perhaps pay them back..." Peter sighed. "I would hate to take something away from you that isn't rightfully mine..."

Peter figured that if Eduard pushed on the matter, he could give the estate and money to his family and know that they will live a much better life than they ever had. That thought reassured him, but he still knew that he would feel guilty if that deal ever came through. Though he loved the life of the rich himself, he never felt that he had done anything to deserve it. And having something that one didn't deserve was always a bad thing in his book. That's why he had a predisposed annoyance towards nobles.

But meeting Eduard changed his mind a little. Eduard was kind. Even though he is technically going against the will of his parents—which was something that Peter couldn't even think of doing—Eduard was a wonderful person. And Peter could perfectly understand why Eduard would do such. He couldn't imagine himself being forced into marriage. His parents had always left his life alone, which was something he was quite thankful now that he had heard Eduard's story.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Gently, Eduard placed his knife and fork down, each on the side of his plate. He stopped, looking at Peter for a long moment.
It was as if he were gauging the man somehow... trying to test Peter's will or strength thereof.
"Peter... I believe I can understand your distrust of nobles. You have every right to be disgusted with us and our lifestyles. Obviously I have done nothing to acquire this wealth." the Marquess sighed, leaning to the side a bit and propping his head up with an upturned palm. He elbow rested on the chair's armrest.
It was hardly a noble posture.
But it was Eduard. He didn't put on shows for those who knew him.
Who truly knew him.
In public he was the utmost gentleman, always pristine and perfect...
In private...
"I went to school, I socialized, and now I spend my days patroning a theatre and spending all night amongst other nobles of the city. I hardly do anything worthy of my wealth and yet..." his gaze softened, eyes smiling. "I am giving my wealth to something I think more than deserves it."
Eduard let those words sink in for a moment before straightening again.
"If you want to give away what you inherit from this partnership, then I can hardly stop you. But you will be cared for, Peter. By doing this, you are doing me the greatest service anyone has ever done for me in my adult life. To express my deep gratitude... I will give you whatever you ask for... no matter the price."
He meant those words.
If Peter wanted a mansion... he would have it.
If Peter wanted jewels and gold to rival that of any noble... he would have it.
If Peter wanted his own theatre, his own school, his own noble lifestyle... he would have it.
Nothing was too steep to ask for.

If only Eduard knew just what that promise might one day entail...

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:41 am

Peter blushed. Eduard was kind, that was for sure. Peter could tell from his actions and the atmosphere that he created that he was an altogether gentle person. But Peter did notice that there was quite a contrast to Eduard's act when he was in public versus when he was at home. But Peter liked both of them equally, probably the less noble and pristine person, since that made Eduard seem more human and in Peter's grasp and understanding.

Peter's eyes widened. "... Greatest service?" What about all those love-lives and such that Eduard had? Didn't those bring him happiness, if only for a moment? Peter, unsure what to say, mumbled, "Thank you..." He had never been praised that much. To think that this aristocrat before him thought that he deserved the wealth which was contracted to him. Peter couldn't believe it.

"Y-you're very kind, you kn-know..." His stutter was coming back, meaning that he was starting to get self conscious again. "I-I feel that because y-you don't want a-all of this that is h-happening around you, you t-then deserve to be a noble..." Then, in an even softer voice, he added, "I-I think that y-you're not l-like the rest... But then a-again, what do I-I know?" But Peter had on the most reflective and genuine smile he's probably ever put on. He wasn't looking at Eduard, but actually staring deep into his glass of wine.

((I got a brilliant idea! THANK YOU!!!))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 pm

One dark eyebrow arched slightly. Eduard's gaze fell on Peter and the man smiled just a tad.
"You're self conscious." the Marquess spoke his thoughts, listening to Peter talk. "I appreciate your kind words, Peter, but we are going to have to do something to boost your confidence."
Eduard finished his wine and smiled again. Carefully, the man stood from the table and moved to Peter's side. He offered a hand.
"Perhaps dancing? Do you know how to dance at all?" he honestly couldn't remember seeing Peter in a dance scene before.
In truth, Eduard wanted to push Peter back into character. While he enjoyed his time with the young man, he wanted to make sure that Peter was completely confident in himself and in what he was being asked to do.
It was more for the young man's own benefit than that of the Marquess.
"Please, Peter... do not think of me as a noble... at least not when you are with me alone. I am no better than you." he smirked, "And somehow, I think you know that... well, your heart knows it, but your mind is at war it seems." Eduard carefully lead Peter from the dining room and into the manor's ballroom. "Relax. Everything will be fine and trust me, Peter... nothing you say could anger or insult me. Don't be afraid."

(((Huh? I gave you an idea? Do what now?!)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:49 pm

"I... I don't know, actually." He smiled a bit sheepishly. Peter was quite full so he was glad of a reason to not have finished the rest of his meal. He would have been eating only out of politeness. Truth be told, ever since this whole ordeal started, he hadn't found himself with that much of an appetite. Equal, huh? And he even knew himself that this was true, but he felt so weird—not to mention cocky—if he allowed himself that pleasure. Eduard would definitely have to work on that.

Peter looked up, startled at Eduard's last comment. "Really?" The surprise was evident in his voice. Eduard was just so... different from his picture of nobles that he managed to surprise Peter at every turn. But Peter reasoned with himself that the surprises weren't anything bad, and so he welcomed most of them. Pleasant surprises.

Trying to cover his evident, and probably atrociously rude surprise, he exclaimed, "Confidence? I have c-confidence!" Darn stutters! They gave away everything. Peter blushed. He tried, and usually he did have quite a bit of confidence, but being around Eduard made the stuttering go over the top. This was quite annoying after a while. Looking away from Eduard's face and acutely aware of the hand that was wrapped around his, Peter muttered, "It's all your fault anyways..."

((Murder! (Let's pronounce it murther for the sake of Shakespeare...) Or at least attempted murder...))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Laughing, Eduard smiled, "Of course. And my fault?" he asked, an eyebrow raised in question.
He nodded to his butler, Sebastian had a violin in his possession and began to play a waltz. Elizabeth sat at the piano, playing accompaniment to the violin.
Eduard took one of Peter's hands, his other on the man's waist.
If they were supposed to be lovers then a less formal dancing position was obviously required.
The Marquess lead of course, a slow waltz, nothing too hard, as he made sure Peter could keep up.
"I am trying to keep you calm and relaxed, Peter. If I could do anything else to help that..."
'That's it, Peter. Comments like that are perfect. Do not be so modest.' Eduard thought to himself, smiling softly as they danced. 'After all, I would hardly get angry if you were truthful.'

(((Murder?! GASP! Who would want to murder Eduard or Peter? Although I kind of like the idea of Peter somehow saving Eduard or trying to sacrifice himself if the Marquess was the intended target. It'd be cute!)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Peter was about to answer with another retort when he caught sight of that breathtaking smile. And true to the name, he really did stop all processing for a moment just to gaze at that smile, which spread all the way, deep into Eduard's eyes. Shaking himself out of it, he blushed, averted his eyes, and muttered, "There you go again..." Well, it wasn't Eduard's fault that he was born drop-dead gorgeous, but Peter wanted to blame it on something, and blaming it on Eduard felt so... liberating.

Always having been a fast learner when it came to his acting, and the actions within it, Peter quickly got the hang of this slow waltz and was enjoying himself. Dancing had always been something that he had wanted to try, but Mr. Bradley had always said that he was too incompetent for such grace. Of course, Peter wasn't sure how he looked now. Though he felt that he was doing it correctly, he could have looked like a bumbling fool without realizing it. After all, it was his first time ever dancing.

Though at first, he was acutely aware of the hand on his waist and the hand wrapped around his, they eventually became a place of comfort. The weight felt right. Both hands belonged where they were, and Peter soon forgot about it, losing himself in the fun that he was having, just dancing with Eduard.

((Maybe because of someone's true love for "Lady Rosaline," which goes so far that they are willing to anger a Duke's family for her? xD You read my mind perfectly!))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

"Absolutely perfect, Peter!" Eduard spoke happily, praising the young actor as they waltzed across the ballroom.
The Marquess was truly happy with the young man's progress, and his happiness was easily to see from the sparkle in his dark eyes.
He had never dreamed that this could work.
"You, Lady Rosaline, are absolutely wonderful." the Marquess teased, spinning quickly, though with just enough grace and ease that Peter would be able to follow without hardly thinking through the step. "This is, perhaps, the first time in a long time that my dancing partner was so independent."
Of course, this independence was very welcome.
Most of Eduard's dance partners tended to be either too nervous when dancing with him, or trying to get into his bed.
Peter was a nice change of pace for the young Marquess.
"Care to tell me why you keep blushing, mi'lady?" Eduard asked with a teasing smile.

~ ~ ~

(((Yay! Okay so that post of mine kinda sucked as I'm distracted by Gundam 00 in English...)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Peter smiled his sweetest possible smile. "And you, dear Marquess Michaels, take flight when you dance. It is a beautiful thing to behold." Peter even took on a slight feminine tone in his voice, thought that wasn't necessary, since his voice could already easily pass for a woman's. Still, Peter wanted to do his best at this job. And the whole of London would be watching his act this time, so it would be in his best interest to provide them with the show of a lifetime.

Peter blushed even deeper when the Marquess teased him. "It's... It's all your doing..." He looked away from Eduard for just a little moment, temporarily concentrating on the dancing to keep his face from getting even hotter. "You're just so... dashingly handsome, shall I say?" Peter teased right back, catching the eye of the Marquess. He laughed a soft, bell-like laugh. But Eduard's manner and the atmosphere that he created was really working on Peter. His stutter and self-conscious nervousness was already disappearing.

((It's all right! I would be distracted too. xD This is probably my last post tonight.))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 pm

"Flight, you say?" Eduard replied, twirling them around once more as the waltz picked up its tempo. "I can only do so when my partner and I are perfectly in sync with one another."
It was the first time in a long time that dancing had come so easily to the young man.
The Marquess laughed softly and, without realizing it, he was blushing ever so slightly.
Though if this was from the dancing or Peter's words, it was hard to tell.
"And you, my dear Lady, are simply ravishing." he returned, dark eyes sparkling when he heard Peter laugh.
It wasn't the laugh of an actor, Eduard was certain of that.
He was finally getting Peter to relax. Sure, the young man was absorbing himself in the role... but laughter like that couldn't be faked.
It was genuine.
And this knowledge made Eduard all the happier that he had brought the proposition to Peter's attention.

(((Lockon distracts me... a lot... even though it was in English so it wasn't Miki... he still distracts me...)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 am

Peter was enjoying himself more than he had ever thought he would doing this role. Actually, he was enjoying himself more than anything else he'd ever done. This put together all of his favorite things in the acting world: nobles and aristocrats; wonderful clothing; dancing; improv; and good food—though he would prefer it if he cooked something himself. Still, this was a most enjoyable role. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have to go to work anymore. And Eduard surely had all of his school issues worked out. After all, he went to an acting school full of young and prominent actors. He didn't have many friends, so no one would really miss him if he left.

As the song finished, Peter and Eduard slowed to a halt. Peter curtsied (a much better curtsy than most women could pull off) and smiled. "Thank you." But another song started and they were off again. It had a different tempo to it, making it a slightly wilder waltz, but a waltz nonetheless. After all, practicing once wasn't enough, right? And Peter enjoyed Eduard's private company, knowing that it'd be different when they were dancing in public, or tonight, at Viscount Rutherford's ball. "When do we depart for the ball?" Peter had always been a person who wanted to be on top of everything. He hated being late to events and prided himself in his organization and careful planning.

((I love Lockon!!! <3))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:01 pm

The first song ended and Eduard bowed gracefully. As the second song began, he carefully guided Peter across the dance floor. By now, he had gotten a feel for the way the young man moved during the dance, and leading was as natural in that moment as breathing for the young Marquess.
Once the second song had ended, Sebastian bowed and Elizabeth gave a curtsy.
The private dance was over.
"It is four o'clock, mi'lord." the butler spoke.
Eduard nodded, "If we leave in the next hour, we should be just fashionable late enough to make a grand entrance." the Marquess smiled, brushing dark hair over one shoulder. "It wouldn't do for us to arrive before the other guests, after all. If you need to freshen up, Peter... we leave within the hour."
It had been fun... brilliantly fun.
Eduard had actual color in his cheeks now, not from blushing, but from the dance itself. His usual pale countenance had vanished with a tune.

~ ~ ~

(((Isn't he just the freakin' most awesome Gundam character?! Lockon is brilliant! Though... I like season 1 Lockon better... *tears*)))

BTW....
Peter had always been a person who wanted to be on top of everything.
Wow... mental images there...  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Having his answer, Peter once again gracefully curtsied and left the ballroom, eager to test his memory and find his way back to his room on his own. Peter only needed to make a trip to the bathroom and maybe put on the finishing touches of the makeup and then he would be ready. Losing no time in finding his room, he sat himself down in front of the mirror and started his work. People had put makeup on him enough that he knew quite well how to do it himself. After all, even though he made it back in good time, he still had to make his way to the dining room before going back here, since that was the only path that he knew of.

He finished and took care of his bathroom needs also. Feeling not at all uncomfortable in his dress and shoes like a man actually should, Peter took to wandering the halls. He struggled to remember his many twists and turns, just in case he needed to rush back to his room for any reason. Occasionally, he would open some doors that had an interesting design or label to them, but he always knocked first, just in case he would be intruding on something. At the end of one hallway was a door that was slightly ajar, but left in the style that made it seem as if the owner had not realized it was even open. Nearing there, Peter peered carefully in and in his haste, tripped on a piece of the carpet, sending himself flying into the room.

((Hmm... I wonder if Eduard is going to take off some clothing, or do something personal... then Peter could accidentally stumble in... xD Just a thought.))

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces