A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Music as a career? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tought of a career within music?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Tim SoulSurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:00 pm
A career in music...I would like to become the next Beethoven or Mozart. I want to make music that is dessert to the ears and make the emotions of the depressed turn into the greatest joy they have ever had. When I walk down the street the music notes will be dripping off me like water after a shower. I want to conduct the greatest gathering of musicians. I want to play the keys in such a moving way that even gods would be impressed when they here my melodies! I think I can do that. I'm 16 and young with great musical ability already in my mind and fingers along with my DNA. I dare any of you to doubt me wrong on this then try calling yourselves musicians and realizing that your goal is similar to mine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 pm
Tim SoulSurfer
A career in music...I would like to become the next Beethoven or Mozart. I want to make music that is dessert to the ears and make the emotions of the depressed turn into the greatest joy they have ever had. When I walk down the street the music notes will be dripping off me like water after a shower. I want to conduct the greatest gathering of musicians. I want to play the keys in such a moving way that even gods would be impressed when they here my melodies! I think I can do that. I'm 16 and young with great musical ability already in my mind and fingers along with my DNA. I dare any of you to doubt me wrong on this then try calling yourselves musicians and realizing that your goal is similar to mine.

forget music, go into writing!!

on an entirely different note, me, myself, and I will never have a professional career in music because, although I enjoy it, I really don't take myself all that seriously and would much rather just have the joy of playing it instead of the stress of performing and making a career out of it.  

EstoPerpetua

Tim SoulSurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 pm
kapow123
Tim SoulSurfer

forget music, go into writing!!

on an entirely different note, me, myself, and I will never have a professional career in music because, although I enjoy it, I really don't take myself all that seriously and would much rather just have the joy of playing it instead of the stress of performing and making a career out of it.
It only stresses you out if you let it. I still have joy playing but that speech I made was right after I performed a big performance so I was still in the setting of super musician.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:32 am
Yah i have... and since i want to become a pediatrician, i wannna be in one of those bands.. i forgot what it was called.. oh ya! A philharmonic band...(more info in 14 years wink )  

pbninja123

2,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100

TheZoeman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:59 pm
I am currently in school to get my Masters degree in both Education and Music so that way I can be a music teacher.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm
I have every intention of becoming the next Joan Sutherland.

(Not that it'll happen, but if I'm going to follow my dreams, I might as well dream big.)

I plan on graduating with my BM next fall, then going to whatever grad school accepts me/doesn't put me in debt for the rest of my life. If grad school falls through, I'll be auditioning for young artists programs and either keep trying for grad school or see where my career takes me.

(I do not want to teach. Maybe privately, but I would probably kill myself or my class if I had to direct a choir.)  

Sionja

Gracious Genius

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm
Originally I wanted to be a concert pianist. But over time, I realized that music isn't something that people should pay for. I offer all my musical services free of charge as long as I have time. I will write songs for people in need, perform at venues, and even teach people how to write music and play certain instruments. I believe that work and passion should be separated because once they are integrated, quality will suffer. It has happened many times to musicians who went mainstream and has happened to many graphics designers I know of. They abandoned their creativity so they could produce a consistent boring, but satisfactory result. That's why I can't stand behind music as a career.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff