Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Is a good Neko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Caleidah

It'll go back to the good old days, aka the 10k(?) years where the Imperium was closed off from Terra. We'll be plagued from all sides by horrible forces. Some sectors will be annihilated, others will band together to form new areas. If a new Emperor is born, splendid. Woop-dee-doo. He'll be skinned alive by all of the psychopaths out to make him a god.

The only problem I see with that, is that other races will still use the warp, while the Imperium wont be. As it currently stands alot of places will simply starve to death without Agri worlds. The Necrons, Tyranids, Orks, Tau, Eldar and Chaos will still be a problem.

They don't use the Astronomican, so they're not hindered. Unlike when the galaxy was cut off by savage warp storms, no one could really do much by traveling through the warp.

Except, Humanity is basically screwed without a new Emperor, and as Mac said. The Webway gate which the Emperor currently sits on will be opened, and Terra will fall.

You never know. The Web Way Gates would open without the God Emperor being there, but perhaps that would be a good thing for Humanity with the Emperor gone, whatever would pop it's head though the Web Way (More than likely to be an Eldar) would soon be crushed under the might of the Inquisition Terra would still have it's military to beat the day lights out of whatever comes out, and perhaps from their take the webway as their own way to travel. Yet, I guess that depends what is on Terra at the time of the Emperors fall....Not that he ever will! All Hail The Immortal God Emperor!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 pm
Most web way portals are either broken or inert for a good reason. The Imperium tried using the web way, with disastrous consequences:

The web way on Terra is right under the Golden Throne and it is part of a damaged network, it leads into the Warp at some point. During the days before the Great Heresy the Emperor was researching this as a viable way of travel across the galaxy. He sent in large expeditions of Custodians and Sisters of Silence to explore and combat the daemonic beasts dwelling there. They could not enter the real world because of powerful psychic seals put there by the Emperor.

Until..

A certain Cyclopean Primarch who wanted to warn the Emperor about Horus sent out a powerful psychic warning message fuelled by dark magicks and the Warp to penetrate the shielded walls of the Palace. The seals failed and the Warp bled into Terra, with a war being fought around the foot of the Golden Throne, the Emperor forced to sit there and hook himself to it to keep the Warp from bleeding in any further. This is the main reason why it appeared as if the Emperor was indecisive during the early months of the Heresy, he was busy saving Terra.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Is a good Neko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Indeed, but even so, but even a severed and damaged part of the Web Way could still get you to a planet, which could have another Web Way gate on it, which isn't damaged. Although even with the chance of that, the Imperium would still be crippled beyond believe if our beloved God Emperor was to fully die...But..The fact stands, for now! He is alive and not kicking...At all..In the slightest... ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 pm
Eh, the fluff is sketchy on that part and the fun-fuelled debate isn't helping in sucking the dirt from the puddle.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Stephen-Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 am
Well, the novel Eye of Terror states that upon death, the Emeror's soul will enter the warp and neutralize the Chaos Gods, causing one final battle in the material world for domination. It's a good read.

Albatross!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:45 am
Eye of Terror is old, almost as old as me. Most of what's found there is old and obsolete by now. It is still a good read, but outdated and done away with.

Tits!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:41 am
if the imperium falls nids will eventually end up eating EVERYTHING, however all this carnage will feed khorne, making new demons.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:54 pm
scurr
if the imperium falls nids will eventually end up eating EVERYTHING, however all this carnage will feed khorne, making new demons.

And eventually, once everything is eaten, Khorne won't have anymore bloodshed to fill out his own power, nor will any of the other powers of the Warp. It'll be between the Nids and Crons, and they have nothing against each other.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Midnight Ethereal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:46 pm
I never got to post this in the "Who will win" thread, but if it comes down to nids and crons, don't you think Crons will fight to save humanity as a means of keeping their source of souls alive? Nids just hunger, and who's to say that they won't just move on once they're done. If they came from outside of the galaxy in such large numbers then there is without a doubt more worlds for them to consume.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 pm
DEATH! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!

Pledge your allegiance to Slaanesh!!  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Midnight Ethereal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:38 pm
>> Blood for the blood god?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm
Skulls for the throne of going off topic!
*coughs suggestively, possibly suggesting to keep it on topic*  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:42 pm
omg! you are everywhere!!! and u always kill everything!!!!! I am not going off topic... i am a chaos worshiper of Slaanesh. The Emperor must die... he is a loyalist scum!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm
Blackened Heart Sucubi
omg! you are everywhere!!! and u always kill everything!!!!! I am not going off topic... i am a chaos worshiper of Slaanesh. The Emperor must die... he is a loyalist scum!

Hi, I don't know if you've met me, but I'm Caleidah. I'm a Vice-Captain in this guild. It's my job to be everywhere.

That said, I play Chaos and can sympathize. That said, the Emperor is not "loyalist scum." People that FOLLOW him are loyalist scum, but he himself is not. He'd just be scum. That said, the only god of Chaos that I think would be able to strike at Terra with significant force would be Tzeentch, and only because he's got his tentacles (or feathers) in everything.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 pm
I disagree... Even though i give Tzeentch Props as bieng IMO the most powerful god.... I Believe Khorne would most likely take the fight to Terra... Come on... its Khorne... death in a box...  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff