Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Your Religion and Hospitality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuperOtaku

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm
To be honest, I've never really had enough situations to figure out where my hospitality lies. Guests are pretty rare, but sooner or later I'll be moving out of my parents house and finding my own place in the world. My belief system has little to do with it, but here it is:

Enemies may be invited in if they have not been so recently. However, I expect them to either be civil, or to GTFO.

Friends: Mi casa es su casa. smile But I will not baby you forever. You're welcome, but probably not at three thirty AM just because you want a snacktime. If something went down, feel free to stay at my place for a couple of days. Just don't become a leech; I hate being taken advantage of.

Bedroom: You do not go into my bedroom without my permission. If you are uncertain of whether you have this, ask. Some people have a non-spoken permanent consent. [semi-related; my daddy always knocks on the door and asks before he opens it. : D]

Bathroom: If using the toilet, wipe off any blemishes you leave upon the seat, flush, spray fragrance / deodorizer at your discretion, and wash your hands with soap and water. Sing Happy Birthday if you must.

Edit: Grotesque Panda brings up hand sanitizer. That's acceptable too. So long as your hands get clean somehow.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm
SuperOtaku
To be honest, I've never really had enough situations to figure out where my hospitality lies. Guests are pretty rare, but sooner or later I'll be moving out of my parents house...
How about your hospitality in relation to those hosting you? Aka, your parents?  

TeaDidikai

SuperOtaku

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 pm
TeaDidikai
SuperOtaku
To be honest, I've never really had enough situations to figure out where my hospitality lies. Guests are pretty rare, but sooner or later I'll be moving out of my parents house...

Still really rare. =| Once a year my mom's younger, mentally challenged brother comes here and he makes very little noise, so... yeah. sweatdrop And my dad's family never comes over. He's always off in another country somewhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:44 pm
SuperOtaku
TeaDidikai
SuperOtaku

Still really rare. =| Once a year my mom's younger, mentally challenged brother comes here and he makes very little noise, so... yeah. sweatdrop And my dad's family never comes over. He's always off in another country somewhere.
You are imbibing in their hospitality.  

TeaDidikai

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:45 pm
My hospitality isn't tied to my religion. But it's been a cultivation of living with my grandparents and my parents over the years.

With enemies, I will be damned if I let them in my house. Or my room for that matter. My home/room is my sanctuary. I will not let anyone who is my enemy enter either for it would desecrate the somewhat peaceful essence I have.

With friends, it would be best if they took their shoes off. It's not a germ thing, or getting the carpet dirty. But it's more of a respect thing. I dunno how else to explain it.

When it comes to my room, if my door is closed, knock first. It pisses me off when people barge in my room and it feels like you're intruding on my personal space. Also don't go through my things. It's very rude.

When it comes to the bathroom, clean up any messes you made. Wash your hands and spray some air freshener.

When it comes to the kitchen, it would be nice if you helped out. It's a common courtesy thing I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 pm
TeaDidikai
SuperOtaku
TeaDidikai
SuperOtaku

You are imbibing in their hospitality.

...I'm confused. sweatdrop I'm imbibing in my uncle's hospitality when he comes here?  

SuperOtaku

Anxious Genius

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
When it comes to the kitchen, it would be nice if you helped out. It's a common courtesy thing I guess.

I would say the opposite - my food is prepared in a particular way. Purity laws and all.

It would be too much like baby sitting for me to hold someone's hand through my kitchen to ensure the lines of purity aren't crossed. Also, my goal is for guests to relax and get their appetites worked up. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm
SuperOtaku

...I'm confused. sweatdrop I'm imbibing in my uncle's hospitality when he comes here?
Unless your name is on the deed, you're likely enjoying your parent's hospitality.  

TeaDidikai

SuperOtaku

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 pm
Okay, Violet was nice enough to help me realize where I missed something. ^_^;

I've never really been given any particular rules to follow, except don't get into too much trouble, don't make too much noise, and if I do something I'm not supposed to do, 'fess up.

But I do'nt get into trouble, make a lot of noise or do a lot of things I'm not supposed to...

Sometimes I help out with dinner, I take care of my own laundry and I don't plug in a bunch of things if they aren't being used at the particular moment. My space is my job to keep clean and...
That's about it. .___.; Pretty average 'you're a big kid now, handle it yourself' thing.
I also take care of breakfast, lunch and snacks, if I want them.
Edit: I also help with taking out the trash, especially if it's my trash.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Collowrath
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

I would say the opposite - my food is prepared in a particular way. Purity laws and all.

It would be too much like baby sitting for me to hold someone's hand through my kitchen to ensure the lines of purity aren't crossed. Also, my goal is for guests to relax and get their appetites worked up. wink
Not with the food but with doing the dishes. I dunno. It's something my grandma would have do when I was younger. She'd wash the dishes and I'd dry them. I think everything I do currently stems from my experiences of staying with her and my grandpa. sweatdrop  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:58 pm
SuperOtaku
Okay, Violet was nice enough to help me realize where I missed something. ^_^;

I've never really been given any particular rules to follow, except don't get into too much trouble, don't make too much noise, and if I do something I'm not supposed to do, 'fess up.

But I do'nt get into trouble, make a lot of noise or do a lot of things I'm not supposed to...

Sometimes I help out with dinner, I take care of my own laundry and I don't plug in a bunch of things if they aren't being used at the particular moment. My space is my job to keep clean and...
That's about it. .___.; Pretty average 'you're a big kid now, handle it yourself' thing.
I also take care of breakfast, lunch and snacks, if I want them.
That's how it is with my parents. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:01 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Collowrath
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

Not with the food but with doing the dishes. I dunno. It's something my grandma would have do when I was younger. She'd wash the dishes and I'd dry them. I think everything I do currently stems from my experiences of staying with her and my grandpa. sweatdrop

I don't mind help with dishes, not having a dishwasher. biggrin However, I'm pretty particular about where things go. xp  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:03 pm
Collowrath
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

~removes her hand from the ventriloquial figure and places him back in his trunk~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:03 pm
Collowrath
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Collowrath
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

I don't mind help with dishes, not having a dishwasher. biggrin However, I'm pretty particular about where things go. xp
Yeah so was my grandma. I didn't know where things went, so I handed them back to her so she could place them. I used to hate drying the dishes though. >.< But it was nice helping out a bit. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 pm
TeaDidikai
~removes her hand from the ventriloquial figure and places him back in his trunk~

sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces