Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Why do you want to lose weight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you want to lose weight?
  To be healthy
  To look good
  To be different
  To feel good about myself
  For somebody special
View Results

freelance lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 pm
I have a few reasons.

I want to be healthy. I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, and I think I will just feel better about my overall health if I lose the extra weight. I want to feel healthy and not get winded going up stairs, etc.

I want to feel more confident. I'm in a sorority full of beautiful women which sometimes makes me feel out of place. Plus I'd just feel better- I've been wearing a lot of sweats and t-shirts recently since I just don't feel as comfortable with my body as I used to.

And finally, I'd like to do it for my boyfriend. He thinks I'm beautiful exactly as I am, but what guy wouldn't be thrilled with their girlfriend getting in better shape? It may also encourage him to start working out, which is something he's been meaning to do but hasn't gotten around to. Besides, if I lose weight I might feel a little more comfort in some of my lingerie wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:52 am
__penguin__
I just remembered another reason. I want to ride an ostrich someday! rofl The weight limit for that is ~160 lbs, which is 30 lbs above my goal, but still.

This.

Also I want to be able to run without being totally winded. And... This sounds sort of silly, but whenever I'm walking around, and bored, I'm always like "I wish I could walk on my hands/do a cartwheel instead of just walking." So I want some muscle, haha! I've always wanted to try Parkour, and I know you need to be in shape for it.

Oh, and vain teenage reasons, like the guy I like being a foot taller and ten pounds lighter than me. I want to be healthier/thinner/better for him. It's vain and its a bad way of thinking, but whatevs.

en-pointe off-balance

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:42 pm
Because... looking good is the best revenge. -smirks- I want to rub it in my brother's face!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:13 pm
I enjoy it when my younger brother's friends get all flustered around me and want to encourage it. He treats things better when his friends like them, ie: My mother's cooking, me.  

Tandahda
Crew

Incandescent Pancakes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:03 pm
I've been overweight since the 5th grade... And ever since then I've just been gaining and gaining unable to stop. I now weigh an embarrassing 254 pounds with a size 18/20 pant size (sometimes 16/18 depending on the store) Honestly though I don't remember what it's like being healthy, I look in the mirror everyday and see someone who I don't like, who I hate, but I do remember telling myself before puberty hit, "I'm going to be fit and happy forever!" And then I hit planet Earth... It's been chaos, I have to wear frumpy, old lady clothes from Lane Bryant or Sears, I cannot layer because it makes me look even more giant than I am.

Pictures? Forget about it... I NEVER pose for pictures not even with my friends. I had a diabetic scare, acne, stretch marks the whole sha-bang... Now it's my last year of High school I want to start college fresh and DAMNIT for ONCE I want to be able to wear a gorgeous prom dress. I saw one at the mall three weeks ago couldn't buy it because it wasn't in my size but it's a size 14 I have 4 and half months to get there...

-Grabs flab and screams-

I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU, YOU'VE CAUSED ME NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, YOU ARE NO LONGER WELCOMED HERE!

Sorry for the length I really needed to get this off my chest...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:28 pm
a) To look good
b) I think it will help me move faster for stuff like fencing... I just feel less clumsy  

Lally Moxious

bittersweet irish coffee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:30 pm
1. cuz i'm tired of being a fatass
2. to feel better about myself
3. maybe just maybe I won't be single anymore when I'm skinny  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 pm
Cus I'm 5"3' and a half, weigh 141lbs and want to weigh 130. >.O
I feel over weight.
But I always have been overweight, this is the thinnest I've been in a long long time.

Can't wait to reach my goal. :3  

Porcelain Blue

Lucrecia the Crescent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:37 pm
I want to feel good about myself. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:34 pm
Just for me.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

.WayneZinok.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm
I think that's a good reason to lose weight, OP. It will set a good example for your kid. (:

I want to lose the weight so I can feel confident in my body again. It's no fun always tugging at your clothing to make sure it's covering your rolls, or worrying about how you look in a bathing suit, etc. My weight hinders me from fully enjoying things, because it's always on my mind.
Plus, it would make getting dressed in the morning so much easier. No trying on a million things because a certain shirt makes you feel fat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:59 pm
Confidence and maybe so I don't shudder when I see myself in the mirror.  

I Am A Mountie

Nicodemas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:38 pm
I am loosing weight and getting more built souly just to feel better about my self.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 pm
Part of it is self-confidence/looks and part of it is my parents. Both of my parents have been overweight as long as I can remember and I've seen all the problems that they've had and all the things that they've missed out on because of it. I want to make sure I control my weight before it gets too out of control and make sure that I don't end up like they did.  

Somnium Aeternum

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 pm
For a multitude of reasons!
1. Obviously, health. I'm young, and I want to live a long time. Being fat is now helping me do that. Also, some random health conditions run in my family, and they are ones that being heavier only encourages, so losing weight = very helpful for avoiding them.

2. I love fashion. And I can't do much about it when I am the size that I am. I will see something adorable that I would like to buy, but then see that they consider size 10 or 12 to be XL, and therefore don't make any sizes higher than that. This also made things like prom and homecoming nightmares when I was in high school.

3. Dating. Which I hate to admit matters so much to me. But I am a sophmore in college & I've never been on a date in my life. I like to think that I am a nice & funny & smart person, so I like to think it is my weight and not my personality that makes me unattractive to the opposite sex. However, it will be quite depressing if I lose a ton of weight & still don't date anyone, hahaha.

4. Athletics. I was pretty good at softball back in the day when I still played. I could play a mean first base, and was a pretty good hitter, but I couldn't run fast AT ALL. And now, amazingly, I am playing sports in college. I know, right? How did that happen? (The answer is that it's a D3 school, and not super competitive, haha.) My sport/event doesn't require speed as in sprinting/running, but is based more on strength. However, being completely out of shape isn't helping. I'm doing absolutely terriblly right now, and would like to not suck for the rest of my college career.

All of this plays into self-confidence. I am completely lacking when it comes to this category. So improving in all of the above categories would help me out greatly.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games