Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Summer Star Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:32 pm
TeaDidikai
No need to be embarrassed Hun.
May I ask how it manifests?

I have agoraphobia with panic disorder.

For a long time I was completely housebound. I couldn't even get the mail or go in the front yard. There were a few places that I could go with certain people (mostly just family), like to the store, but I couldn't even be five feet away. Places with crowds, like concerts, festivals, etc. were off limits either way.

I've worked very hard on it in various forms of therapy, so I can now take the bus to places I know, go to school, and go to several stores and the like by myself. It's been much better for the last five years or so, but I can only do crowds, meet strangers, go places I've never been, doctor and dental appointments and so on with family present.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:35 am
MoonJeli
TeaDidikai

For a long time I was completely housebound. I couldn't even get the mail or go in the front yard. There were a few places that I could go with certain people (mostly just family), like to the store, but I couldn't even be five feet away. Places with crowds, like concerts, festivals, etc. were off limits either way.

I've worked very hard on it in various forms of therapy, so I can now take the bus to places I know, go to school, and go to several stores and the like by myself. It's been much better for the last five years or so, but I can only do crowds, meet strangers, go places I've never been, doctor and dental appointments and so on with family present.
Thought about maybe familiarizing yourself with the location in advance and bringing one or both of your spouses along?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 am
Toasty Marshmallow
boo, i can't go. my mom won't allow it
I thought you would be 18 by then.
Quote:

plus, i'm supposed to be working this summer and no one's going to hire me if they knew i was leaving in the middle of july.
Some folks do. Especially if the reason you're taking off is for a religious observation.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:14 pm
Finished the menu for my group. wink  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:25 am
TeaDidikai
MoonJeli
TeaDidikai

Thought about maybe familiarizing yourself with the location in advance and bringing one or both of your spouses along?

It's highly unlikely I could convince them to go. It's really not their scene. wink I've mentioned it to my husband extensively and he's "Hmm!"'d thoughtfully, but I think that's as deep as his interest will go, plus he has almost all his vacation days already allocated for the year. My wife is even less interested in such things, and going to go to school full time over the summer. I doubt even the camping could tempt them!  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:37 am
MoonJeli

It's highly unlikely I could convince them to go. It's really not their scene. wink I've mentioned it to my husband extensively and he's "Hmm!"'d thoughtfully, but I think that's as deep as his interest will go, plus he has almost all his vacation days already allocated for the year. My wife is even less interested in such things, and going to go to school full time over the summer. I doubt even the camping could tempt them!
Can't blame me for trying. wink

My hubby likely would never attend if it wasn't for me. I'm really lucky that he goes out of his way to help me go to things like this.  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:03 pm
TeaDidikai
Toasty Marshmallow
boo, i can't go. my mom won't allow it
I thought you would be 18 by then.
Quote:

plus, i'm supposed to be working this summer and no one's going to hire me if they knew i was leaving in the middle of july.
Some folks do. Especially if the reason you're taking off is for a religious observation.

the 18-rule doesn't work at my house. my mom is helping me fund college by paying $20,000/year. my mother doesn't take my spirituality seriously, so going off on my own to some pagan festival in washington against her permission = grounds for not funding my education, and resulting in another $80,000 in debt. i wish i could be free, and i guess i /could/ and be absolutely dirt poor, but it's in my best interest to stay home, work, and keep on my mom's good side.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 pm
Toasty Marshmallow
the 18-rule doesn't work at my house.
Everyone has their priorities. ~shrugs~  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm
I also ran into my friends who run the festival today.
Mentioned DB to one of them- he sounded impressed that you were flying out Hun.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 am
If all goes as planned, and we move out to WA/OR in a couple of years, we'll totally be going to this festival! I envy all of you who are going, as it sounds like tons of fun! I think my family is planning on going to Ontario that week anyway.

I've yet to go to a pagan festival. The city near my school holds one ever fall, but so far it's always been the same weekend as our Ren faire, so I've never been able to make it. Hopefully they'll be on different weekends this year!  

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:10 pm
Looks like I am renting a car to go down to SummerStar this year. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:46 pm
Summer Star updated their Work Page This is the page that explains the Main Ritual. wink  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm
TeaDidikai
Yay! Who did you mention me to?  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Yay! Who did you mention me to?
One of the guys who runs it. Robin.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 am
Not only was SummerStar amazing beyond belief in it's own right... but I have to say, Gho is ******** AMAZING! heart

No F-flags needed. One beautiful 666.5 and in much the same way I felt a deep and lasting connection with the ReCon folks, I have been wholly blessed with such a connection with Gho.

Oh- and the ritual and everything was awesome too. ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces