Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I'm going back to church tommorow, Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie

Okay, I really didn't want to bring this up, but can anyone understand Misssuzy?

Quote:
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind,

o.O

I think she meant to say "You can't win. You can't even say anything remotely kind!"
Or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:04 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Paranormal Zombiiie

Okay, I really didn't want to bring this up, but can anyone understand Misssuzy?

Quote:
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind,

o.O

I think she meant to say "You can't win. You can't even say anything remotely kind!"
Or something like that.

Well, that makes more sense than bringing my extended vocabulary into disrepute ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:06 pm
misssuzy
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind, I hate to wonder what makes you so nasty, I chose love, some of the best musicians in the universe will never read music....
People here call you out when you have your facts wrong. Most of them aren't going to sugarcoat it. It isn't a lack of love. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

This guild is run and contributed to by a great many people who have a deep love for teaching and for knowledge. They aren't going to sit around validating whatever you happen to think and giving you warm fuzzies. There's other places for that. This place is about learning, and if you want to learn, you gird yourself up and allow that maybe things are going to be stated more harshly than you're used to.

I addressed your initial question, and I did so courteously. I am trying to be kind. You can accept that kindness or not, no skin off my nose. But everyone here is taking time to address you and try to have intelligent discourse in which maybe you'll learn something if you let yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 pm
Okay. :]
I've just had problems with understand some of the things that she said, I feel bad, but yeah...  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 pm
misssuzy
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind, I hate to wonder what makes you so nasty, I chose love, some of the best musicians in the universe will never read music....

I can kinda feel where your coming from on the music, I grew up on a lot of heavy metal and rock, and some of the artists I liked alot couldn't read sheet music, can't think of who off the top of my head though, sorry. As far as being kind, well I think I did pretty good. I was trying my best to try re-word what was being said so it sounded as welcoming and friendly as possible, because I really honestly hoped we could both learn and change together, as a former idiot (well okay I'm still an idiot but at least less of one) who used to think similarly and have the same feelings of entitlement, so I think I was choosing love too. I'm not gonna lose sleep over this, and I wasn't trying to "win" anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:17 am
Don't get pissy, nobody is saying you are wrong to believe and practice what you do. People are saying that what you happen to practice just isn't called wicca.

That, and that wicca is incompatible with christianity.  

patch99329

Diamond Leaf Clover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 am
Erm...I don't want to start this argument up again, but why are there so many people out there who are insistent on labeling themselves 'Wiccan?' What do you gain from calling yourself Wiccan, instead of something else?

I know a girl who has claimed to be Wiccan from the age of 14 (she's a RavenWolf fan. sweatdrop ) and when told that that is kind of impossible to be when you are a)under the legal age b) not in a lineaged coven and c) your only information about 'Wicca' comes from Silver RavenWolf, she gets all upset and insists that she is Wiccan, and that everyone is just trying to persecute her beliefs. eek

I can accept that she, and lots of other people, are pagan, but to claim you are part of a religion (can I use that word when referring to Wicca?) you aren't is just odd. confused

What is wrong with saying you are pagan? Why do people HAVE to use the word Wicca? Isn't this in itself a form of culture rape, because you are claiming to be something you aren't?

(If I'm wrong about anything here, someone please correct me.) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:08 am
Paranormal Zombiiie

What I think you are doing is wanting to be able to do what you want, but you are afraid to go to hell so you mix what you want with christianity so you can feel safe.
Yep, I had issues with this too. And recently discovered I still have issues with this. *laughs good naturedly* But skirting the issue isn't going to help things. For now, I'm doing what I need to do to make peace with myself and my faith, and so whatever comes will come.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:19 am
Diamond Leaf Clover
Erm...I don't want to start this argument up again, but why are there so many people out there who are insistent on labeling themselves 'Wiccan?' What do you gain from calling yourself Wiccan, instead of something else?
Status and/or "cool factor."

It seems that some time ago, possibly since the publication of books by SRW, Wicca became THE COOLEST RELIGION EVAH and just like the inception of punk rock, everybody wanted in.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:12 am
Misssuzy, I want to draw your attention to another part of the guild info, one that I had to write a few days ago:

Quote:
The Rehab Center is a place for Pagans of all kinds to gather and talk things out, discuss and yes, we argue and challenge assumptions.

You've made the assumption that because you say you are Wiccan, you are. You are incorrect. We are correcting you so that you will be a more respectful pagan.

Now, we'd be happy to discuss the other aspects of your post, but they are so intertwined with a pseudo-Wiccan identity that it would be hard to without this correction.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Diamond Leaf Clover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:34 am
Gho the Girl
Diamond Leaf Clover

It seems that some time ago, possibly since the publication of books by SRW, Wicca became THE COOLEST RELIGION EVAH and just like the inception of punk rock, everybody wanted in.

...Should I be ashamed at the fact that I laughed out loud when I read 'THE COOLEST RELIGION EVAH' part? (I have nothing against Wicca, I just thought the way you said that was funny. ^^' )

Thank you for replying though. It was confusing me. I mean, if Wicca is on equal footing with other religions/belief systems, then why would so many people insist on being recognized as a member of it, even when they clearly weren't? confused

Maybe it's just because I don't label myself as anything yet. (I'm starting out, so until I have a better idea as to what I believe in, practice, etc I just consider myself 'neo-pagan' and hope that I'm not treading on anyone's toes in calling myself that.)

Yeah, maybe I should shut up now. sweatdrop Thanks again for your reply though, Gho. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:31 am
Maybe you should have something in a sticky that shortly describes wicca and/or other religions 'fluffies' claim.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 am
Paranormal Zombiiie
Maybe you should have something in a sticky that shortly describes wicca and/or other religions 'fluffies' claim.

Yeah, I might need too, shortly. Sounds like a group project to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:38 am
Diamond Leaf Clover
Gho the Girl
Diamond Leaf Clover

...Should I be ashamed at the fact that I laughed out loud when I read 'THE COOLEST RELIGION EVAH' part? (I have nothing against Wicca, I just thought the way you said that was funny. ^^' )
If you hadn't I would have been sad. I was trying to add some levity, and I'm glad it succeeded.
Quote:

Thank you for replying though. It was confusing me. I mean, if Wicca is on equal footing with other religions/belief systems, then why would so many people insist on being recognized as a member of it, even when they clearly weren't? confused
Probably because, due to tons of misinformation, Wicca is seen as an open orthodoxy as opposed to a closed orthopraxy.
Quote:

Maybe it's just because I don't label myself as anything yet. (I'm starting out, so until I have a better idea as to what I believe in, practice, etc I just consider myself 'neo-pagan' and hope that I'm not treading on anyone's toes in calling myself that.)
If you're a pagan that incorporates what elements can be called "new" then you're a neo-pagan, at least that's what I would assume from the etymology.
Quote:

Yeah, maybe I should shut up now. sweatdrop Thanks again for your reply though, Gho. 3nodding
No, you don't need to shut up. Don't be so hard on yourself. I too am here to learn, but it won't do me any good if you or I constantly silence ourselves. If you begin asking too many questions, we'll tell you, but til then, please, speak up.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:03 am
maenad nuri
Paranormal Zombiiie

Yeah, I might need too, shortly. Sounds like a group project to me.
ninja

Can we add that intelligent researched argument to the contrary of our stated position is welcomed?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff