Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Telling Your Loved Ones Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox
Deoridhe
Recursive Paradox
I don't feel threatened by him. It's more of a embarrassing realization than anything. I'm more worried about making a wrong move with the Aspects and getting squished like a bug.

I am still a bit tiny in their world. x_x

*gives you a hard, beetley exoskeleton*

Yay! Am I shiny? Please can I be shiny?

Shiny like a sacred beetle that collects dung! wink

Yay! I might avoid the dung collection though. For a while at least >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:40 pm
Deoridhe
I gotta call you on that one. Usually there is a ritual whereby someone accepts the covenant with YHWH; a lot of people consider this baptism though in Catholicism it's Confirmation. That indicates the covenant is not generational, but rather must be accepted.
I'll see your RCC tradition and raise you scripture to the effect that covenants with YHVH are indeed generational as per Exodus 34:6-7, Deuteronomy 11:26-28 and I recall something in Numbers as well, but I don't remember the chapter and verse.

However- Psalm 100:5 demonstrates that YHVH's love extends to all generations- while his curses are usually limited to the third or fourth.
Quote:

I'm lucky; I was Northern baptist and we weren't baptized. Yay!
ninja

Quote:
As tot he topic of the thread, I told my mom in college. She was reassure by the Rede (yes, I was one of Those teenagers). She was less reassured when I told her I didn't accept that anymore, upon becoming Asatru. She still thinks I'm a good person, though, and she's incredibly sensitive to ritual space for a non-believer.
talk2hand

Did I tell you about the latest conflict with the Bullshit Asatru chick who said Satanists are horrible people who are pathological liars?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:15 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
Deoridhe
Like I said, I'm damn lucky, especially considering how seriously Oaths are taken by my gods.

Out of curiosity, do you have any experiences with them that makes you think that they'll accept someone that broke an oath, but then rebuilt their image? Cause thats what I've been doing the past few years sweatdrop

Odin doesn't seem to care much. Others, like Tyr or Loki, might never accept you. I don't know for sure, though. I suggest respectful approaches.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 pm
TeaDidikai
However- Psalm 100:5 demonstrates that YHVH's love extends to all generations- while his curses are usually limited to the third or fourth.

About these Generational curses... My father was raised a Baptist, and his mother took him to church every Sunday of his life. I assume he was baptized at some point. He pretty much left church altogether after he left home and is basically agnostic these days. Would that mean that my siblings and I (along with our potential progeny) are subject to some form of curse?  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:19 pm
TeaDidikai
I'll see your RCC tradition and raise you scripture to the effect that covenants with YHVH are indeed generational as per Exodus 34:6-7, Deuteronomy 11:26-28 and I recall something in Numbers as well, but I don't remember the chapter and verse.

My rebuttle is ..... 8P

TeaDidikai
Did I tell you about the latest conflict with the Bullshit Asatru chick who said Satanists are horrible people who are pathological liars?

Oh gods. No.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:34 pm
Deoridhe

My rebuttle is ..... 8P
Deo's going to hel! Deo's going to hel!

Quote:

Oh gods. No.
She went on her rant about how Anton's Satanists teaching lying and deception and she said it was in the Satanic Bible, again...
I asked for page number. She couldn't give it.
I asked for chapter or theme to try and narrow it down. She couldn't give it.
I asked if that made Odin a Satanist...
She almost decked me! twisted  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm
Deoridhe
PhantomPhoenix0
Deoridhe
Like I said, I'm damn lucky, especially considering how seriously Oaths are taken by my gods.

Out of curiosity, do you have any experiences with them that makes you think that they'll accept someone that broke an oath, but then rebuilt their image? Cause thats what I've been doing the past few years sweatdrop

Odin doesn't seem to care much. Others, like Tyr or Loki, might never accept you. I don't know for sure, though. I suggest respectful approaches.

Really? I've been thinking for a while that the oath-breaking is why Odinn has really been keeping his distance.

Also (this is probably a bit for PhantomPhoenix too), if someone can rebuild their image, what types of things help to do that? Or is it just something you work on and rebuild over time?
(sorry if this sounds silly sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 pm
mute_coyote
TeaDidikai

About these Generational curses... My father was raised a Baptist, and his mother took him to church every Sunday of his life. I assume he was baptized at some point. He pretty much left church altogether after he left home and is basically agnostic these days. Would that mean that my siblings and I (along with our potential progeny) are subject to some form of curse?
Yep. Unless of course you make amends. YHVH left wiggle room for himself to loosen generational curses.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm
I'm banking on being able to cross Bifrost on my own. ninja

TeaDidikai
She went on her rant about how Anton's Satanists teaching lying and deception and she said it was in the Satanic Bible, again...
I asked for page number. She couldn't give it.
I asked for chapter or theme to try and narrow it down. She couldn't give it.
I asked if that made Odin a Satanist...
She almost decked me! twisted

Haa haa haa haa haa haa!! It would! He lies a lot and deceives as a matter of course.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Deoridhe

Really? I've been thinking for a while that the oath-breaking is why Odinn has really been keeping his distance.

Odin's an oathbreaker himself, and weighs them lightly so long as you can get out of them. For example, when Loki followed through on his oath to bring Idunn to Skadhi's dad, Odin asked why, Loki said he oathed, and Odin's like, "But you got away."

I don't know what rebuilding image is. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:47 pm
Recursive Paradox

The whole idea behind leaving a faith and entering another one is because the previous is wholly unsuited to you and your needs. And the new one is what you need.

You're right, of course. The only issue is that I'm still trying to find out if I truly need a new one, and if so what new religion is right for me... and doing so is proving somewhat sluggish in my current circumstances. Though, World Religion and Philosophy classes are in order the second I start the University I'm transferring to next semester.

Quote:
Is it really so disrespectful to ask for a different dish that won't make your insides go boom?

Not so much that, now that we get to it. Admittedly, I am a meek person and I am terrified of telling them that it just doesn't set right with me, namely because of their reaction. At least, until I know more about how I feel and can actually provide reasons other than, "I just don't feel fulfilled", but that's an ideal situation and not likely to happen.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm
Deoridhe
Fair enough. How's practice going?

Quote:

Haa haa haa haa haa haa!! It would! He lies a lot and deceives as a matter of course.
twisted Fluffy ******** Asatru man...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 pm
Deoridhe
Violet Song jat Shariff
Deoridhe

Odin's an oathbreaker himself, and weighs them lightly so long as you can get out of them. For example, when Loki followed through on his oath to bring Idunn to Skadhi's dad, Odin asked why, Loki said he oathed, and Odin's like, "But you got away."

Ah, makes sense then 3nodding . I hadn't thought of it that way.

Quote:
I don't know what rebuilding image is. sweatdrop

I guess I'm wondering if there is any way to at least kind of shake off the image of being a dirty oath-breaker to the gods and any other Asatru. I know it's not something that'll ever really fully go away...but is it possible to lessen the huge mark that it is sweatdrop .
I had a friend on another forum suggest taking the issue to Tyr since he's the fairest judge of all the gods. But I take it that that's not quite the best idea if he'd never accept an oath-breaker.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:52 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Fair enough. How's practice going?

Ugh. No energy left at the end of the day. Awake time stuff is going well, though; I'm trying to work on a bindrune for "good fortune".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:54 pm
Deoridhe

Ugh. No energy left at the end of the day. Awake time stuff is going well, though; I'm trying to work on a bindrune for "good fortune".
Planning on including Pertho?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Planning on including Pertho?
Definitely. Probably Elhaz as well.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas