Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
DB's Ecclectic Christian Heresy. Oaths added. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
I like what you have going here. Very nice.
How'd you get in here? surprised

I didn't know you were a member of this guild. heart
I'm special, don't you know that by now razz . I have my ways ninja . Glad to be here too DB and Gho heart .
*huggggggs*

On srs bsns for a sec, can we discuss original sin?

I don't agree with it conceptually, and I'd like your perspective. I know you sent me that exhaustive list I read, so I understand what it is, but I don't agree with it, ya know?
Oh I understand and its alright, you don't have to agree.

Personally to me Original Sin in my tradition would better be explained in the terms of Platonism, you're in the Cave, the light is there casting shadows you see the shadow, you know something is making the shadows but you don't know what it is that makes the shadows. In my tradition Original Sin is just describing being in this state. When you first realize there's a world outside the cave and have seen it's light is when you are free of Original Sin. Yes our original sin definition is quite different from orthodoxy but hey that's heresy for ya. The "blinders" may still be there but you have a better idea on how to reach the target.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 pm
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

I'm special, don't you know that by now razz . I have my ways ninja . Glad to be here too DB and Gho heart .
*huggggggs*

I don't agree with it conceptually, and I'd like your perspective. I know you sent me that exhaustive list I read, so I understand what it is, but I don't agree with it, ya know?

Personally to me Original Sin in my tradition would better be explained in the terms of Platonism, you're in the Cave, the light is there casting shadows you see the shadow, you know something is making the shadows but you don't know what it is that makes the shadows. In my tradition Original Sin is just describing being in this state. When you first realize there's a world outside the cave and have seen it's light is when you are free of Original Sin. Yes our original sin definition is quite different from orthodoxy but hey that's heresy for ya. The "blinders" may still be there but you have a better idea on how to reach the target.
I see.

What of those who go out into the larger world but find different things from you? Basically, is the only way to leave the cave through YHVH or can an Asatru leave the cave?  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:48 pm
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

*huggggggs*

I see.

What of those who go out into the larger world but find different things from you? Basically, is the only way to leave the cave through YHVH or can an Asatru leave the cave?
I don't have an answer but it's assumed that whoever the deity is that is the source of that light transcends all other deities. I don't know if my God is YHVH or not but this god meets the description of YHVH and I understand this deity that I follow in terms of YHVH. But I know that there are things about YHVH that don't match up with the God I know. Things like this God would never ask or pressure me to kill in his/her name, hate a group of people. I fact when I feel self-rightious is when I feel further away from my God and I know it's not because my God left me but because I stepped out of that "nature" (don't know what would be the word to put here is).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:13 pm
As for seeing different things in the world outside of the Cave, that just goes to show how great the God is that we follow. It's to be expected since we are each unique but made in our God's image. You may understand God differently then me but I cannot deny that you have made contact with the same God as me based on our previous talks.

I feel closer to mystics within other traditions than I do with the exoteric followers of my own traditions, the Gnostics and the Christians. I find that I get along better with Lokiogma and some of the members in this guild than I do with people in the a particular "Christian" Guilds I was a part of.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:20 pm
rmcdra
As for seeing different things in the world outside of the Cave, that just goes to show how great the God is that we follow. It's to be expected since we are each unique but made in our God's image. You may understand God differently then me but I cannot deny that you have made contact with the same God as me based on our previous talks.

I feel closer to mystics within other traditions than I do with the exoteric followers of my own traditions, the Gnostics and the Christians. I find that I get along better with Lokiogma and some of the members in this guild than I do with people in the a particular "Christian" Guilds I was a part of.
I know the feeling.

I was with God while among the pagans, but definitely didn't see him among the fundamentalist baptists I flew home with.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:23 pm
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
*huggggggs*

I see.

I don't have an answer but it's assumed that whoever the deity is that is the source of that light transcends all other deities. I don't know if my God is YHVH or not but this god meets the description of YHVH and I understand this deity that I follow in terms of YHVH. But I know that there are things about YHVH that don't match up with the God I know. Things like this God would never ask or pressure me to kill in his/her name, hate a group of people. I fact when I feel self-rightious is when I feel further away from my God and I know it's not because my God left me but because I stepped out of that "nature" (don't know what would be the word to put here is).
I get that, I really do, that thing about "nature" and stuff. I've been grappling with agape since reading part of "The Third Jesus." It's really important, and I never knew how many times in my normal life I step out, so to speak.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm
Gho the Girl
It's really important, and I never knew how many times in my normal life I step out, so to speak.
Agape is really ******** hard.

I don't evny you Sweets.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
It's really important, and I never knew how many times in my normal life I step out, so to speak.
Especially when you're a bitter old dishwasher >.<
Quote:

I don't evny you Sweets.
Eh, the road is hard, yes, but in those few moments where I'm really getting it, it's really rewarding.  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Or you're a arrogant hotel night clerk. >.>
Quote:

Quote:

I don't evny you Sweets.
Eh, the road is hard, yes, but in those few moments where I'm really getting it, it's really rewarding.

It is for me too. At least I now know it doesn't have to be a lonely one.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 pm
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Quote:

Quote:

I don't evny you Sweets.

LET'S BE HERETIC BFFS! biggrin  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:25 pm
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl

Quote:

Quote:

I don't evny you Sweets.

LET'S BE HERETIC BFFS! biggrin

*hugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:02 pm
And the godless heathens are left out in the cold. ninja  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 pm
What sacraments and sacramentals would you hold dear?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 pm
TeaDidikai
You have your path we have ours. Some paths are not for everyone. But we can give you love too. *Opens arms offering a hug to Tea*  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 am
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
You have your path we have ours. Some paths are not for everyone. But we can give you love too. *Opens arms offering a hug to Tea*
I guess I'm still not familiar enough to you to offer you a hug sad .  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff