Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Do gothic people have it harder at school than nerds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do u think?
  yes
  no
View Results

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 pm
I was also both but I wore it proudly and with a group of friends so we were never bothered.
But I think that, had we been weak, we would have been brutally tormented.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:06 pm
I'm both too. I don't give a flying crud what people think or say about me. They need to check themselves before saying stuff about others. I don't talk to most of those people, anyway.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:21 am
both get pushed around the same amount. if u a nerd,ur probably gunna be hated for being a teachers pet,getting good grades,ect. being goth,u r sumtimes hated by teachers,harrased by ppl for wearing black and thinking u cut urself. they r both sumtimes the same in mi opinion  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:42 pm
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
both get pushed around the same amount. if u a nerd,ur probably gunna be hated for being a teachers pet,getting good grades,ect. being goth,u r sumtimes hated by teachers,harrased by ppl for wearing black and thinking u cut urself. they r both sumtimes the same in mi opinion

I swear it's like he's trying to speak to you me, I just know it!
*learn to take a hint, kid*

Whisper Gently

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:57 pm
whtever...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm
Whisper Gently
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

btw, r u tryin to insult me by sayin im friggin stupid? evil  

Dance of Pales

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:50 pm
I loved being a nerd and goth!

I am proud of both. It is only the self conscious ones who get teased  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 pm
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
User ImageYippee-yi-yay...

No, she's praising you for your seemingly endless intelligence quotient.

...Yippee-yi-yo!
Ghost Riders in the sky!

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 pm
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
Whisper Gently
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

I'm sorry I can't seem to understand what you are saying.
You should try again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 pm
>.< My old p.e teacher HATED me and my group..The preps would slack off, but of course ther're in every sport so she didn't care and when my group was working she'd yell at us...also my English teacher tried so hard to fail me last year, she 'lost' a District Writing Assessment that I handed to her and she put with everyone else's papers. Hah but I finished that class with a D =]  

Sneeferu

Dangerous Gekko

10,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:50 pm
I always wonder if I've missed out on some valuable life experience by not attending high school while somehow located in the middle of a sitcom focused on the fact that teenagers are awful people and we should all have a laugh at their expense, or by not developing a persecution complex.

I think the only sometimes really only occasionally apparent division between groups at my school was puerto rican and dominican.
We didn't actually have any gang violence, or whatever else it is that the brown people do to cause a brouhaha. But I almost wish we did, provided it all took the form of synchronized finger snapping.

But haha, I had friends, suck on that. What was this thread about.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:27 am
When I was in school, there were four main groups that I noticed. There was the chav (if you don't know what a chav is, just do a google search - you'll get the idea) group that formed the majority of the school's population, the popular sports kids, the people who were genuinely nice and popular for all the right reasons (very few of these), and everyone else.

I suppose I fell into the everyone else category. I only really got bullied by one guy in school, but that started before I discovered the gothic subculture.

I think on the whole goths get bullied less than nerds/geeks because they generally have this vibe of quiet confidence and defiance, whereas nerds/geeks come across as being clever but not particularly confident or strong. Then those who are less clever but are stronger use this to bully those they see as lesser in order to quell their own insecurities and feel better about themselves.  

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 am
Whisper Gently
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
Whisper Gently
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

I'm sorry I can't seem to understand what you are saying.
You should try again.

I believe she's saying that not typing your sentences properly makes you appear uneducated and almost illiterate. However I suspect you're just lazy and can't be bothered to type your sentences with the correct spelling and grammar. You probably don't want a lecture on English Language, but I'm going to give you one anyway.
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

In proper English this translates as:
"Both get pushed around the same amount. If you are a nerd, you're probably going to be hated for being a teacher's pet, getting good grades, ect. Being goth, you are sometimes hated by teachers, harassed by people for wearing black and thinking you cut yourself. They are sometimes the same in my opinion."

XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
Replying in this manner only serves to incriminate you further. After a not so subtle hint to improve your spelling and grammar, you insist on typing like an ignoramus. I'm not trying to get at you or be mean, but when you grow up and go out into the world, no-one will take you seriously if you can't use proper spelling and grammar on your job application forms and such.

And if you're thinking, "Well that's different, I only type like this on the internet!", you'd better watch out. Because one day you'll slip up and you won't be able correct it, and then you'll look like a fool. So it's better to get into the habit of good spelling and grammar before it's too late.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 am
Bluetabbycat

I believe she's saying that not typing your sentences properly makes you appear uneducated and almost illiterate. However I suspect you're just lazy and can't be bothered to type your sentences with the correct spelling and grammar. You probably don't want a lecture on English Language, but I'm going to give you one anyway.
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

"Both get pushed around the same amount. If you are a nerd, you're probably going to be hated for being a teacher's pet, getting good grades, ect. Being goth, you are sometimes hated by teachers, harassed by people for wearing black and thinking you cut yourself. They are sometimes the same in my opinion."

XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
Replying in this manner only serves to incriminate you further. After a not so subtle hint to improve your spelling and grammar, you insist on typing like an ignoramus. I'm not trying to get at you or be mean, but when you grow up and go out into the world, no-one will take you seriously if you can't use proper spelling and grammar on your job application forms and such.

And if you're thinking, "Well that's different, I only type like this on the internet!", you'd better watch out. Because one day you'll slip up and you won't be able correct it, and then you'll look like a fool. So it's better to get into the habit of good spelling and grammar before it's too late.

o btw errybody.

There's no need to point out the fact that this kid made less coherent statements than my cat does when she walks across my keyboard.
He had a fit the last time someone told him it was a pain in the a** to read his posts, and left.
This was, like, a year ago.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 am
IY_and_MCR
Bluetabbycat

XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

o btw errybody.

There's no need to point out the fact that this kid made less coherent statements than my cat does when she walks across my keyboard.
He had a fit the last time someone told him it was a pain in the a** to read his posts, and left.
This was, like, a year ago.

Some people take helpful criticism better than others. It probably just comes down to your view on what other's intentions are. If ti's a generally pessimistic thing, you're going to think people are just attacking you. Which is a bit thick, actually. One of those things people will adapt out of in time.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff