Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I have a problem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm
Recursive Paradox
It is. That's what you got.

Just because you don't like the advice doesn't mean it isn't helpful.
QFT.

Quote:
In fact I would be very creeped out if some of the people in this guild tried to snuggle me and tuck me into bed. x_x
twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
In fact I would be very creeped out if some of the people in this guild tried to snuggle me and tuck me into bed. x_x
twisted

gonk  

Recursive Paradox

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 pm
Ultraviolett1127
ShadowCatSoul
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement, but I think I'm sorry I came here now.

Why are you sorry you came here?
This is a wonderful guild.
Just because no one here will hold your hand and tell you things you want to hear, doesn't make it a bad guild neutral
Quote:
I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice, but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion.

Why does help have to be kind?
So far everyone who has replied in this thread has been very helpful.
I'm sorry that you're not...keen enough to understand it.

Well actually, I haven't, but that's because I'm a random b*****d that is not representative of the whole. Generally unless people want to joke around with me, if I say something seemingly random that doesn't pertain to the subject matter, it's best to ignore me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:04 pm
error-dot-tar
Ultraviolett1127
ShadowCatSoul
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement, but I think I'm sorry I came here now.

Why are you sorry you came here?
This is a wonderful guild.
Just because no one here will hold your hand and tell you things you want to hear, doesn't make it a bad guild neutral
Quote:
I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice, but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion.

Why does help have to be kind?
So far everyone who has replied in this thread has been very helpful.
I'm sorry that you're not...keen enough to understand it.

Well actually, I haven't, but that's because I'm a random b*****d that is not representative of the whole. Generally unless people want to joke around with me, if I say something seemingly random that doesn't pertain to the subject matter, it's best to ignore me.

Well, true you weren't dealing with helping the OP...but you weren't exactly antagonistic to her either.

Sometimes I'm not sure how to take people so to be safe I avoid joking around for the most part sweatdrop  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. You should really either shut your mouth or ask questions before making assumptions. Keeps you from looking a bit ridiculous.

I see that you don't actually wish for help.

May the gods give you what you deserve for such an attitude.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 pm
Deoridhe
ShadowCatSoul
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. You should really either shut your mouth or ask questions before making assumptions. Keeps you from looking a bit ridiculous.

I see that you don't actually wish for help.

May the gods give you what you deserve for such an attitude.
~wince~ She was kinda asking for that.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm
Alright, I get it, I'm stupid, ignorant, and don't know what I'm talking about. Now that we got all the unnecessary insults out of the way, I'd like to ask for help again. How about we start with you guys telling me how y'all found your deities? Or, how they found you. I really am spritually lost and new to pagan lifestyle. It seems no amount of research can help in real life. Not with a hands on type person anyway. I'm also sorry about my attitude *bows head*. I've been off my meds for over a week now because my damn doctors are incompetant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 pm
ShadowCatSoul
How about we start with you guys telling me how y'all found your deities? Or, how they found you.
Most of this would make good fodder for PathWays.

My gods are bound by oath to my ancestors. Some of them are bound to the whole of the people, some are bound to the family itself and others are bound to individuals by the roles they fulfill within the family or by virtue of dedication.

But then, my situation is rather unique, being part of what could be consider a metagenetic closed tradition.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:07 pm
ShadowCatSoul
How about we start with you guys telling me how y'all found your deities? Or, how they found you.

While my path does not have deities, nor does it consider higher beings to be gods (and there's even a ban on worship or encouraging others to worship you), I have worked with more evolved and powerful beings.

I've worked with them as partners and in barter relationships. I refer to them as Aspects (the higher beings who represent elemental and primal forces of the universe and slightly high beings who represent lesser forces and human concepts). I have also worked with spirits closer to my own level or even below.

Generally what I do to approach an Aspect is to surround myself with symbols representing them or if the thing they represent can be simulated or held close by, I have their element or force around me. I then attempt to connect to them through energy manipulation (referred to as Etheristic Channeling in my path).

I don't immediately tap into their energies. That would be disrespectful and asinine. And I know I'd be pissed if someone tried to leech off of me without asking first.

I just channel general energy and my own energy and make myself known. If the Aspect notices me and wants to work together, then I'll make contact at that point. If not then I move on or wait and attempt again some time in the future.

The communication from some Aspects is highly cryptic. And the nonsentient ones you just tap into by channeling their energies while using symbols and such to connect to them more directly. They won't care. As they aren't sentient.

I imagine at least some deities operate in the same way, although you may have different protocols to follow as deities require worship and prayer and whatnot. And Aspects do not. Or at least the ones I'll work with don't. If an Aspect tried to get me to worship it, I would refuse.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm
ShadowCatSoul

I sought, did a lot of research, and felt pulled to the Norse/Germanic gods. I had a vision of Odin. I did more research and reading, joined a Kindred, oathed myself to the gods, and somewhere along the way discovered many of my foundational beliefs changed.

I go into more detail in my Pathways thread.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:19 pm
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot I had a pathways thread. I go into greater detail on Aspects and such there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Alright, I get it, I'm stupid, ignorant, and don't know what I'm talking about.

Now, nobody said those things did they?

Quote:
How about we start with you guys telling me how y'all found your deities?

I asked if anyone was out there. Got subtle signs at first then big ol' smacks in the face until I acknowledged I was doing completely the wrong thing and converted to hellenic polytheism.

That was poseidon, the rest followed. Some I approached, others approached me; a whole lot more I honour because it is correct to do so.  

patch99329

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I really am spiritually lost and new to pagan lifestyle. It seems no amount of research can help in real life.

Somethings to seriously ask yourself...What is it about the "pagan lifestyle" that appeals to you? Better yet, what does that term mean to you? Pagan is an umbrella term, that encompasses a wide variety of religions/paths that are of non-Abrahamic faiths. So technically there is no particular "pagan lifestyle". You should also ask yourself...what paths appeal to you? and Why? and What exactly are you looking for in a path?

As some have suggested...check out the Pathways subforum. Many members have taken the time to talk about their various paths, and you may find some of the answers you are looking for there.

The "pagan lifestyle" (as you put it) isn't necessarily an easy one. There is quite often a lot of study, practice, soul-searching, etc... that goes in to it. If you are looking for something where all the right answers are handed to you on a silver platter, then it probably isn't a good choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 am
too2sweet
So technically there is no particular "pagan lifestyle".

It's like having a "human lifestyle". Um... what does that even mean exactly? It sort of eliminates the meaning of the word. *grins*  

Recursive Paradox

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:37 pm
*eye roll* I know what pagan is. I also know the difference between "pagan" and "neo-pagan". I know where the word originated from and what it was supposed to mean. I also know that however much I or anyone else wants it to be true, druids are practically non existant anymore. There are neo-druid societies, but they could never compare to what was before the filthy, theiving Romans. I've also done research on various mythologies and cultures, I love studying different cultures. I practically fell in love with the Celtic (which is also a semi-broad term) and Norse lifestyle/culture/religion. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that I'm spiritually lost, and while Christianity is an easy religion for the most part, I don't necessarily want easy. I want to be spritiually at peace with myself, and I'm a polytheist, so Christianity wouldn't work for me anyway.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff