Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it possible to 'become' Goth? Or is just natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:28 am
Personally I have never really been all that morbid or dark, but I have been goth ever since I can remember...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:21 am
Everyone is born with darkness and light within their hearts, whichever they choose to embrace is their choice. I embrace both whee heart  

xX~Vampyre_Erotica~Xx

Tom Gunn 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:00 pm
goth is a varying term...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:42 am
sometimes i wear white,black, or both. yin and yang, i wear colors to though.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:44 pm
[I think it's possible.]
[It might just be that you heard the music and liked it.]
[I don't see "Goth" as a specific state of mind, I see it as a subculture. Like it always was.]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:07 pm
i think its more of being "converted"...but i myself have always been weird compared to other kids and fewer friends than others...so i suppose i had to right mind of it...and my brother helped me get the look down...and i also think that Goth is a subculture that originated from a type of music...so yea...  

~Loves_Yami~

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:08 pm
[Rosetta Stoned]
[I think it's possible.]
[It might just be that you heard the music and liked it.]
[I don't see "Goth" as a specific state of mind, I see it as a subculture. Like it always was.]

I'd agree.

However, I'd also say this...

You can't choose to be goth. If you like are, then you are. If you aren't, you aren't. You can't force yourself into it. You can grow into it, or grow out of it. But you can't choose to be goth anymore than you can choose to like broccoli.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:05 pm
i suppose one could have a 'goth gene' but it's more likely that the children who were mistreated/beaten/etc during their childhood years are most likely to rebel and become goth.

[ Die Katze ]

Xeryo

Unforgiving Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 pm
I didn't embrace it, it just came. I was born with to many problems to be normal. But I think it's all because of all the boyfriends my mom had and tried to kill her infront of my eyes. I don't know, and I don't care.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:03 pm
[ Die Katze ]
it's more likely that the children who were mistreated/beaten/etc during their childhood years are most likely to rebel and become goth.

Since when has goth had anything to do with rebelling? Goth is being yourself. Rebelling is punk.  

GilAskan
Crew

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:19 pm
[ Die Katze ]
i suppose one could have a 'goth gene' but it's more likely that the children who were mistreated/beaten/etc during their childhood years are most likely to rebel and become goth.

Why do you assume that? It's natural for teens to rebel. Some just choose to do it differently.
And,Goth isn't about rebellion, that's like saying it's a phase. Which, for most, it isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:00 pm
Yamir N. Mordecai
Looking back on my life and attitude, I believe i was born with the thought; but i was not the "look" i grew into that. I have always been this way up here ->(-_-)<- but not always here ->[]<-

Same here.

xThe Vampire Midnightx

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:32 pm
My question to you is: Can you stop being Goth? Because if you can, then there's your answer to whether or not you can become one. If you can become one, then surely you can stop, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Hmm I'm not entirely sure on the subject. I myself have always seen Goths and thought to myself that I would die to look like that, but it just never seemed as though I would be able to pull it off and not embaress Goths everywhere.
Lately though (thanks to some bad habits leading to better ones) I'm much more trim and fit looking, and think I could quite easily dress how I feel. I've already got the attitude and music sense and philosophies (my freinds joke I wear more light colors than all the other goths put together) and now I think I should put it all together. Perhapse it was some outside stimulus that prompted me to finally go the extra step or not: I think it might have been just growing up.  

CamTheHidden

DR490N

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:22 pm
i cant stop being goth. im sad to say that the vast majority of the kids in here arent really goth, and have no idea of what makes a person goth, however. intelligence is one of the key factors, and a passion for literature and dark things. these are aspects of my psyche i feel will never change.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff