Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Things that tick you off about yaoi or shonen-ai Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does anyhting anger you in yaoi or shonen-ai
  yes
  no
  GOLD :D
View Results

malicer333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 pm
I agree with all of the above.

I think the cliches are one of the things that turned me off the most. But for all the manga I saw...I just couldn't take it. Either there was no plot or it was so badly done. (Like "Ruff love" or whatever it was called)

I actually went into some kind of yaoi withdrawal because I had such a hard time finding anything I liked anymore. ....Then junjou romantica came along and the sun started to shine again. yes, they have cliches but they note it and even make fun of it. Its original in its own sense. heart

The things I don't like (bad fanfictions, m-preg anything, *****, fangirls) I just avoid. It's easier that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:42 am
malicer333
I agree with all of the above.

I think the cliches are one of the things that turned me off the most. But for all the manga I saw...I just couldn't take it. Either there was no plot or it was so badly done. (Like "Ruff love" or whatever it was called)

I actually went into some kind of yaoi withdrawal because I had such a hard time finding anything I liked anymore. ....Then junjou romantica came along and the sun started to shine again. yes, they have cliches but they note it and even make fun of it. Its original in its own sense. heart

The things I don't like (bad fanfictions, m-preg anything, *****, fangirls) I just avoid. It's easier that way.

I know what you mean... I get really picky sometimes, and there are few BL series that I really love. Junjou Romantica isn't a series that I'd normally like (I like my boys with a bit more muscle on them...y'know, sorta but not over-the-top masculine-looking) but I really like it because of the cute gags and such ^^ (Misaki is so cute when he's angry, haha) I wish they'd sell a bit more merch for it... I would totally buy a Junjou Romantica toaster.  

User_2629207

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:53 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:24 pm
hey, this is my first post, i think. o:
---

anyway, things i dislike:
i really hate it when the guys are waaay too feminine.
like, it's ridiculous sometimes. >.>

i also don't like when there is no plot,
or if it's something really really plain and boring.
i like it when there's at least a little angst in it. ^w^

-PANDATUBE

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:41 pm
What's presently pissing me off about yaoi: the fact that it's oh so wonderfully easy to imagine out all my yaoi stories, but for the life of me, I can't write them. gonk Maybe it's just because I'm a girl and I'm really, really shy when it comes to talking about sex, but damn. I'm getting aggravated with all the story ideas I've got and my strange inability to write them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm
^ ME TOO! It's SOOO frustrating, having all these stories in my head, and when I go to write it down the pen just sort of freezes.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

YayAuLait

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 am
I don't like....

1. Guys with super loooooooong hair and extremely girly features. I mean, if you want girls then cut off the p***s and make them a girl D8< I dunno... I mean if it doesn't look like yaoi, it doesn't look to yaoi to me... I'm find if the guy looks like a guy and is feminine or really uke, but YARRHHHH.
2. Extremely muscular guy smex D: Like.. Dragon ball Z prawn where they're RIPPED with like 6 packs and huuuuge biceps LOL
3. Not-good written plots D;
4. The fact that people think yaoi fans are idiots for calling boy-love 'yaoi' :l.. Yeah we know it's Shonen-Ai, we just ratehr call it Yaoisuigfrasigdf3we D8<

yesss.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:51 pm
Actually in the ova, Yuri and Wolfram kiss. *Kyo Kara Maoh!*

Just lettin' ya know. Sorry if this nis a repeat.

I also hate when NOTHING HAPPENS. Like in Bronze. >.<  

Z-chan269

Friendly Conversationalist

8,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 pm
^ I've heard that, but I guess I'll just have to wait for it to be dubbed and and see. *doesn't believe in pirating*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:45 am
This does not happen a lot, but when this scenario plays through I see a common "misfortune". I find this happens in yaoi manga that converts a straight guy to a gay relationship or has a female role interjecting in the romance. If the character has a girlfriend (or a girl that is interested in him) before he hooks up with his new boyfriend, he will dump/reject the girl like she was a sack of s**t and nothing more. You think you would have some remorse for someone you were once committed to- male or female? No matter the gender, they once had such delicate feelings towards you... It just comes off extremely sexist in my eyes. Let the poor girl off softly; she is a human being too! I want the main characters to be with men because they like men, not because they hate women. But no- they would prefer to leave destroy their old lifestyle with a fiery passion. "You mean nothing to me! You never have and you never will! Out of my way b***h and leave me and my sexy man candy alone! scream " Oooh, unexplainable wrath is a quality I just love in my boys. rolleyes Yeah, we are all routing you on with the new guy... but this is no way to gain my cheer.

(pardon my swearing. I'm feeling passionate today... sweatdrop )  

IIGRAYII

IIGRAYII

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am
EvFaerAshlynn
What's presently pissing me off about yaoi: the fact that it's oh so wonderfully easy to imagine out all my yaoi stories, but for the life of me, I can't write them. gonk Maybe it's just because I'm a girl and I'm really, really shy when it comes to talking about sex, but damn. I'm getting aggravated with all the story ideas I've got and my strange inability to write them.

For you and anyone in your situation:

I suggest writing erotic stories for no one but yourself. That way it won't feel like "talking about sex" but rather act as ventilation for your own ideas and situations. When you are writing for yourself you can be as vulgar and quirky as you want. It is all about your fetishes. If AFTER you feel like sharing, then it will only be a bonus if other people like and accept it too. But you have the choice- you don't have to share. If it will affect your style then wait until you are comfortable. It will eventually come naturally. It is definitely something that you just have to get used to. It is the leashes that ruin these stories, though. When you hold yourself back it always feels like it is missing something. So do yourself a favour and go all out!

I know because I used to be the same way. Now I'm an aspiring erotica writer. If this is your passion you have to go for it. Let the artist paint!

So good luck and keep trying! It will be worth it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:54 pm
mrgreen  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Reyoki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 am
[Ryan Azarcon]
I totally agree with the Kyou Kara Maoh thing... SO ANNOYING!

I really don't like overly girl men either, or the ukes that are so much like a girl, they even look like it. They just don't have boobs, well... BIG ONES.. anyway. Sometimes I swear the mangaka make them arch enough that they end up with really small boobs.

I've read a LOT of yaoi, I'm tired of sex scenes that are same copied and pasted 3 paragraphs. And if the sex is not proceeded by a LONG a** PLOT DEVELOPMENT.

I don't really like descriptive sex anymore, unless its a reeeeaaaaally long fic or manga. Then I totally like it.

Has anybody read Rin? I hate when there is NO sex after that much reading. At least hints or after pictures please?

A personal pet peeve is pre-established relationships only because I love the falling in love part.

Another peeve, I don't like food play or S&M in yaoi, only in yuri. xp

I like M-preg if it makes sense. Like in Harry Potter.. MAGIC! Or in Naruto.. A SPECIAL JUTSU! Ya kno?

This applies to books, but I hate when the book is only about one pairing... I love side pairings, I live for them. So when the book is entirely devoted to the main pairing (which is usually pretty cliche) I get irked. Or even hints of a side pairing would be nice.

I hate overly abusive semes and ukes that still love them no matter what they do to them. JUST RUN AWAY AND FIND A NEW MAN PLEASE!

I hate relationships that start with one character raping/forcing them to do something horrible, and then they fall in love anyway. WTHNO. Unless they are horribly drunk and the seme is VERY regretful.

Okay I am done for now. sweatdrop Sorry.
You're speakin' my language here. I also can't stand when a person doesn't even ATTEMPT to correct their grammar and/or spelling and/or punctuational errors in fanfictions. I read yaoi on fanfiction.net almost EVERY SINGLE DAY, and it pisses me off to no end that so many people don't bother to go back and fix their mistakes before publishing stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:30 pm
first those ones that are comidies...with like one sex scene...really hate that so much!!! and I just hate it when there are little or no explicit scenes and people rate them as hard core! scream also when there are women...doing "things"...I hate that. if I wanted to see that I would look at hentai you know?
and last...males that look like a female with a p***s...I mean its ok to have long hair and a pretty face heck even make-up but the ones who dress, act, and look 95% like females and the other 5% is the p***s are so annoying. like I said if I wanted to see that I would watch hentai!!! stressed  

Kozi_22

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces