Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Thank you, those who think the end is coming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

E
I
100%
 100%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 17

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
The more I allow myself to be glued to Armageddon Week and attempt to compare it with what the Bible says, the more I'm beginning to think that something- not necessarily the end of the world- is going to happen on December 21, 2012. I just wish I knew what, and I just wish that everything wasn't pointing to some huge astrological event. Things like that make me very uncomfortable- I'd rather it be something that people brought on themselves. Gives a much better sense of control. sweatdrop

Every time I watch something about space and see the vast array of things that can be seen happening (albeit that it has already happened and we are observing it over a great enough distance that light takes so long to get here), I wonder whether we are simply in a relatively quiet stage in the Earth's history before some freak astronomical events take place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm
I really don't think we can know. There are always wars and rumors of wars, there is always famine and pestilence somewhere in the world. And always some natural disastor or terrorist act going on somewhere. Maybe it's getting worse and worse, but I do think it could-and will-get much worse, yet.  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm
Ixor-san
I really don't think we can know. There are always wars and rumors of wars, there is always famine and pestilence somewhere in the world. And always some natural disastor or terrorist act going on somewhere. Maybe it's getting worse and worse, but I do think it could-and will-get much worse, yet.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 pm
My thought is this: December 21, 2012 will be the beginning of the Tribulation. From then on, we've got seven years to be sure we've made the right choice. eek But it's just my guess, inspired by the History Channel. 8D;  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:23 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
My thought is this: December 21, 2012 will be the beginning of the Tribulation. From then on, we've got seven years to be sure we've made the right choice. eek But it's just my guess, inspired by the History Channel. 8D;

Basing predictions of the Christian "doomsday" upon the misinterpretations of a pagan culture strikes me as a bit silly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm
Not only the predictions of a pagan culture, but also various oracles throughout time and Europe, Nostradamus, and scientists, who expect a polar shift on that day. -shrug- Now that I've stopped watching all that mess though, I've given up thinking about it. xd  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm
"So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon." Jeremiah 27:9

Y'know, I used to be into the whole Nostradamus thing...when I was into the occult. Those are the means by which he made his predictions. He used astrology, which I would consider a very occult practice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:50 pm
The three Wise Men were astrologers.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
The three Wise Men were astrologers.

They (doesn't say how many there were) are thought to have been viziers, who were advisers/astrologers/astronomers and people with various other skills to help their rulers make their decisions.

The fact that they followed a glowing object in the sky that signified that a new king had been born shows that their faith and means of gaining wisdom are in submission to what God had prophesied.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:22 pm
Exactly. God can use occult methods to make His plan clear. The only reason I check my horoscope on a daily basis is because one: it's funny most of the time and two: God might speak through them sometime. -shrug-  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:35 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Exactly. God can use occult methods to make His plan clear. The only reason I check my horoscope on a daily basis is because one: it's funny most of the time and two: God might speak through them sometime. -shrug-

They're written in a way that most people would agree that it applies to them in some way.

I'm pretty sure there have been psychological tests in the field.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Not only the predictions of a pagan culture, but also various oracles throughout time and Europe, Nostradamus, and scientists, who expect a polar shift on that day. -shrug- Now that I've stopped watching all that mess though, I've given up thinking about it. xd

Nostradamus said absolutely nothing about 2012. There is no reason to believe there would be a reversal of magnetic poles in 2012.

In short, the whole 2012 nonsense comes from people being mislead about the Mayan culture.  

zz1000zz
Crew

fromthatshow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm
I think 2012 is the return to the Garden of Eden (oneness with God).
We are waking up, evolving, whatever you want to call it, we are going home!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 pm
fromthatshow

Flaunt your irrationality!  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:42 am
zz1000zz
fromthatshow

Flaunt your irrationality!

Irrationality is a real turnoff.

Also, I predict that I'm going to make a cup of tea in a moment.

Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff