Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm
saki_hanajima7
Yes, it's true. My friends are always joking...since I don't like tea or coffee...that I'm like a secret Mormon or something. lol those are the kind of jokes we have in SLC =P. But yeah there are a lot of Mormons who aren't very strict about this. Also, they aren't supposed to go anywhere but to their stake [local church...in utah 1 for every few blocks] on Sunday, which makes sunday a good day for shopping and seeing movies and eating out and such, but a lot of them go out anyways. It's just like any religion, with some half-hearted followers.
yea, i guess that's true, why else would we have the term "lukewarm christian" if it wasn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:21 pm
Well, I now know more....I ended up converting.
Hi.
Happy New Year.  

KraylorDePanthro

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:53 am
KraylorDePanthro
Well, I now know more....I ended up converting.
Hi.
Happy New Year.

To Mormonism? eek

What were your/their reasons?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:23 pm
Well, I've a friend. She moved to California to be in a band. She came back a Mormon. She seemed so at peace and happier and spirtually fufilled, I thought I'd check it out. I started to attend church, go to social events, read the books, pray about it...

one day they sat me down, and invited me to join them. Yes, No, need more time to think about it?
I did what I sometimes do, go off on a bunch of tangents and not really answer the question, but they managed to get me past that and ask me how I felt? I thought about it, imagined a blog where you pick an emotion off of that scale, and went with Jubilant! They said would I feel that unless ... well, you get the idea.
And it was like the Lord calling and I was like Here I am Lord!

I had my baptism and confirmation, and they were so welcoming. Brothers and sisters in Christ. I felt the spirit be there among them, and they live as testaments of their faith. Walking the talk. Fulfilling the great commission to go out in pairs and spread the gospel. I found it to be true.  

KraylorDePanthro

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 am
KraylorDePanthro
Well, I've a friend. She moved to California to be in a band. She came back a Mormon. She seemed so at peace and happier and spirtually fufilled, I thought I'd check it out. I started to attend church, go to social events, read the books, pray about it...

one day they sat me down, and invited me to join them. Yes, No, need more time to think about it?
I did what I sometimes do, go off on a bunch of tangents and not really answer the question, but they managed to get me past that and ask me how I felt? I thought about it, imagined a blog where you pick an emotion off of that scale, and went with Jubilant! They said would I feel that unless ... well, you get the idea.
And it was like the Lord calling and I was like Here I am Lord!

I had my baptism and confirmation, and they were so welcoming. Brothers and sisters in Christ. I felt the spirit be there among them, and they live as testaments of their faith. Walking the talk. Fulfilling the great commission to go out in pairs and spread the gospel. I found it to be true.

Other than spiritual experience and emotion, what did they show you in the Bible to tell you that their way was the way?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm
Either way, we share a great number of similarities in our faith. At its core, Mormonism is a sect of Christianity- they believe Jesus is the Son of God, died for our sins, was crucified, died, and rose again three days later.

Welcome to the family. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

KraylorDePanthro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm
Thankyou.

As for your question,
I have been reading Doctrines and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, The Book of Mormon and the Bible, and when I have had questions or concerns, the missionaries and my friend have been rather well at answering them for the most part.
Also, it has been observation of the fruits, how they conduct themselves, treat others, and carry out good works, like the great commission were helpful in addition to the things you mentioned.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm
KraylorDePanthro
I have been reading Doctrines and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, The Book of Mormon and the Bible, and when I have had questions or concerns, the missionaries and my friend have been rather well at answering them for the most part.
Also, it has been observation of the fruits, how they conduct themselves, treat others, and carry out good works, like the great commission were helpful in addition to the things you mentioned.

Did you go and find answers to your questions from sources other than Mormons and Mormon-biased literature?  

Priestley

KraylorDePanthro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:43 am
I already had a considerable depth of knowledge to draw from in my head. But yes, I looked at the Bible which they do have also, and the internet.

Did you have a source in mind?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:08 pm
Priestley
Did you go and find answers to your questions from sources other than Mormons and Mormon-biased literature?

Well, I believe Kraylor was originally Catholic. It's not like he doesn't have a good base.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:12 pm
ryuu_chan
Priestley

Well, I believe Kraylor was originally Catholic. It's not like he doesn't have a good base.

Okay then. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:16 pm
KraylorDePanthro
I already had a considerable depth of knowledge to draw from in my head. But yes, I looked at the Bible which they do have also, and the internet.

Did you have a source in mind?

The shared understanding of fellow Christians, perhaps?  

Priestley

Break Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 am
There is one major problem with mormons. They believe in a false Christ. They believe Christ to be the brother of Satan. They also do not believe in the God the Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to be one in being (trinity); only in purpose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:02 pm
Break Sage
There is one major problem with mormons. They believe in a false Christ. They believe Christ to be the brother of Satan. They also do not believe in the God the Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to be one in being (trinity); only in purpose.

....???

I don't know where that came from, but I don't think it's actually IN any Mormon doctrine.  

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm
Break Sage

I don't believe in the trinity either.  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces