Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Otherkin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keistera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:53 pm
... If I run into someone claiming to be a reincarnated Pikachu... do I have permission to run them down with my car? stare ... It has a big engine... I'll make it a quick demise, I promise...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:02 pm
Hahahahaha. Woodchipperkin. That rocks my freaking socks.

As someone who's identified with otherkin for the last three years openly, I can't claim to know everything about what otherkin is. Personally, I believe that a soul IS necessary for otherkin to exist, but that's my humble opinion. How can you possibly be "other" than human if your body is human and your soul is human? Your mind is an extention of your soul, so if your soul is human than your mind must be human. If you take out the nature of the soul, how can you possibly know anything about yourself?

Anyway, that's just a rant of my own.

I also have problems with people who claim to be otherkin simply because they are vampiric in nature. Vampires can be human. They can be ANYTHING. It doesn't make you special, unique, or in need of a new label just because you're vampiric.

Now, about fantom limbs... I'm a nephilim in soul. I was born originally as a Rephaim. How do I know this? Well, I frankly believe that holding that name and knowing what it stood for long before I did research and discovered that it was an actual tribe of giants somewhere near the Cannanites is proof enough. I remember things that happened as a child in that life. However... I have both a set of wings and a tail. Nephilim never had either. But, I was a raven in a past life, and a cat, so I simply took them with me in my spirit form as I reincarnated myself. Again, my beliefs rely heavily on the idea of a soul.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

wodewose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:42 am
I`m inclined to belive in some otherkin, those that are humble and don`t boast.
I mean..I belive I may be otherkin, but how am I to know if my kin-soul
is something like a Blackberry bush, or a stormcloud? I`d like to belive my kin-soul is that of a forest being, as ever since early childhood I`ve been drawn to woods.For all I know this is a past-life memory of being an acorn or some species of forest bird like a woodpecker....
When it comes to those who clame "other-ness" I`ll take `em as I find `em.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:20 am
wodewose
I`m inclined to belive in some otherkin, those that are humble and don`t boast.
I mean..I belive I may be otherkin, but how am I to know if my kin-soul
is something like a Blackberry bush, or a stormcloud? I`d like to belive my kin-soul is that of a forest being, as ever since early childhood I`ve been drawn to woods.For all I know this is a past-life memory of being an acorn or some species of forest bird like a woodpecker....
When it comes to those who clame "other-ness" I`ll take `em as I find `em.

Well, only you can ever truly know what you are. Only you can ever truly know the sincerity of your memories, beliefs, feelings, etc. So when you discover that something fits, or when you discover that something feels just ... right then go with it. Ignore the world that might say otherwise, and just be yourself.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:15 am
There are times I'm not sure if I'm rping and it took over or if I really am an other Kin. I mean an entire charecter just came to me *snaps fingers* like that one day. I can't explain it but it felt right and like it was real.

Sometimes I'll be sitting at my computer or walking and I'll see flashes of the girl who was my character. I see her wings expolding out of her back as if she had to hide them and it seems like she is being tortured or in intense pain.

When I have these visions I feel the wings expolding from my back. I feel the pain that I see in these visions and I litterelly feel as if I am some one else or something else.

Like I said it's hard to know if I am role playing and using that as a dissaocitaive personality or if I really am a kin. I'm confused. I believe that otherkin exhist and are real. Some have been in amny lives and others only one besides their human form.

So, if some one could help me in my confusion and tell me if they think I'm role playing or if I am a kin and that's just the kin(which would be an angel) aspect taking control at times to keep me strong as a person.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:50 pm
Charity.l.bedell

Sometimes I'll be sitting at my computer or walking and I'll see flashes of the girl who was my character. I see her wings expolding out of her back as if she had to hide them and it seems like she is being tortured or in intense pain.

When I have these visions I feel the wings expolding from my back. I feel the pain that I see in these visions and I litterelly feel as if I am some one else or something else.

When you have a deep, personal attachment to a character of your own creation, it is easy to revert back to him or her, or think as he or she would at any moment. So, before jumping to the potential metaphysical reason -- spiritual, whatever you'd call it in this case -- think about that. How much time did you spend thinking as that character? How long did you have that character?

I would personally dismiss this as you "roleplaying" your character. I don't think, and would never admit, that this would make you "otherkin".  

Keistera

salemwildfire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:10 pm
SlaineWildfire
I was born originally as a Rephaim.

*smiles and grins*

What?

Some otherkin I've met have human bodys, but are just slightly... odd. abnormally pointed ears, a peculiar way of walking or hunching their shoulders, that just seems damned reminisceint of an animal or bird sometimes.

Some have personalities or behaviors that they never think about until someone points out the similarity between their actions and someone/something else.

And sometimes it's just a feeling in the pit of your stomach.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:05 pm
I don't feel very strongly about otherkin.
I don't necessarilly believe it, and then again I'm inclined to say anything is possible.
It is interesting though.  

Light Chakra

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 am
Keistera
Charity.l.bedell

When you have a deep, personal attachment to a character of your own creation, it is easy to revert back to him or her, or think as he or she would at any moment. So, before jumping to the potential metaphysical reason -- spiritual, whatever you'd call it in this case -- think about that. that character?
She never got officlally used. The game we were How much time did you spend thinking as that character? None. It was an instantanious thing.
Keistera
How long did you have writtening never got started.
Keistera
[
I would personally dismiss this as you "roleplaying" your character. I don't think, and would never admit, that this would make you "otherkin".
*shrugs* But in role playing you have control over your character. I don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:15 am
Isn't it amazing how people's dreams and fears change due to their walk of life...

Almost every "Witch" (I use this term loosely) would like to believe their 'Otherkin' Hell even I do!
Yet when you think about it - being a Magickal person is sort of otherkin in it's own right.
Our actions, thoughts, passions, hates, etc. are driven by a force deep within ourselves - We are all drinking from that same fountain of Spirit (Unless ofcoarse you really are an Otherkin, hehe)

I don't see myself as 'Otherkin' yet I feel a deep Kindred love for cats. This doesn't mean I have the soul of a cat trapped inside my human body.
Rather, I feel so loved by Cats (more than what I love them) which makes me feel more like one of them than I can ever explain.
It's true that I wish I could be a cat with all my heart - but I'm human... And in being human I am gifted with the charge of being able to care for, nurture and admire - the beautiful race that I love so much - The Cat...  

Nakyra

NeysaDestine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:16 pm
Ahh first day in the guild, and I'm diving into a debate. I have a theory! (Lightbulb in hand, eureka hat on). The reason you don't see many prey type animals is because prey species are by nature... hmm SHY critters. Therefore, they're not the ones out there, yelling, "Hey look at me, I'm a were-(insert random prey species)!" The wolves, large cats, dragons, and all the others are generally more aggressive in nature. I believe the prey-weres are out there, they're just generally too shy to come forward. I mean honestly, if one demonstrates the personality of ones critter, then say, a were-deer would try not to be noticed. Just my opinion, ymmv.

Tasha  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:47 pm
NeysaDestine
Ahh first day in the guild, and I'm diving into a debate. I have a theory! (Lightbulb in hand, eureka hat on). The reason you don't see many prey type animals is because prey species are by nature... hmm SHY critters. Therefore, they're not the ones out there, yelling, "Hey look at me, I'm a were-(insert random prey species)!" The wolves, large cats, dragons, and all the others are generally more aggressive in nature. I believe the prey-weres are out there, they're just generally too shy to come forward. I mean honestly, if one demonstrates the personality of ones critter, then say, a were-deer would try not to be noticed. Just my opinion, ymmv.

Tasha
Otherkin. Are. Not. Were. Creatures.

At least, not as a whole.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:15 am
SlaineWildfire
NeysaDestine

Tasha

Whats the big difference between the two Slaine?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 pm
Quote:

No, But Therians are Otherkin. The whole, "Such and such is not always this, but this is always such and such." It was an example, and my saying were-critters was tongue in cheek. I tend to try not to take everything too seriously, it ruins all the fun in life. Do not take my poor attempts at humor to be ignorance. Otherkin is usually defined as those whose souls do not mirror their outward appearance, and weres are merely one very broad type out of many. There are also Starchildren, the various incarnations of fey, the ever-present debate at whether or not vampirics number among the Otherkin. Of course, the list goes on and on ad nauseum. Personally, its the vampirics, the weres, and the fey that I've had experience with, and therefore what I'm more used to. Accounts of Starchildren fascinate me, as well as the Indigo Children. But I digress, the whole point of this is that while I may seem flip, I do have *some* clue about Otherkin. My theory was specifically aimed at Therians, as I've several Therian friends.  

NeysaDestine

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:24 pm
blindfaith^_^

Over all the whole otherkin thing is possible, I'm very skeptic towards it as a rule, but not entirely unopen to it. Though some of my problems might be that my own soul has chosen to keep reincarnating into very similar lives until I acheive some sort of goal. Certainly there are occasional variable lives to mix things a bit, but most of them I are eerily similar.

I'll second that, about while it may be possible, I'm going to remain extremely skeptical. I'm not open (right now) to the ideas of other realms, universes, dragons, elves, fairies etc. At the moment, that's all just fantasy to me and is going to stay that way. It's going to sound close-minded, but that's fine with me.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff