Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Yamane-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Though I internally wish that there was a variety of pairings in any anime the weird couples get to me.
I still like straight paring though but the thing is with naruto you have no idea waht single character preferences are.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:31 am
I dunno... unless I really like them both as characters/find the pairing workable or attractive I tend to be very disinterested in het.  

Mia Darthorn

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Draconis VonTrapp

Hi, Miss Alice.
Anata garasu no me de donna yume wo.
Mirareru no?
Mirareru no?

Ahmehgawd, we're on the same wavelength. xD I think that all the time when I see a girl and a guy hinting at each other in anime or anything. I'm currently doing this at Ringo and Ikki. I go NO, IKKI, RINGO'S A DUMB b***h GET WITH AGITO DD<.

I can mostly get over it now because then I go read fan fiction with pairings I like in it. : D The thing mostly that I don't like about het pairings is usually, it's so predictable. I don't like it when I can foresee the pairings in what I'm reading or watching. I prefer them tricking me or, hey, let's leave the romance out all together and just have plot. I'm cool with that, too. (No one has any idea how happy I was when those two in the Da Vinci Code didn't get together.)

So yes, on the whole, most het pairings annoy me. I prefer a homo pairing over a het one any day.

Mada atashi
Kokoro ga sakete nagareteru
Tsukurotta sukima ni sasaru.
Still you do not answer…
Still you do not answer…

I agree ^-^
and yup he should get together with Agito.
Imagine what the sex would be like O.o  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:17 pm
I like straight pairings more, just cause... Well, I've only really liked Yaoi for a short time, and straight pairings are more familiar and understandable. Like, I can comprehend... Bed-things more clearly and without the blushing and giggling. xB

Kayani_neko

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:05 pm
People who think like that are the people who ruin anime for me.
Sorry but it's true.

Just because you think those two male characters together is hot doesn't mean it would actually make the story better. It'd probably make it really stupid........and I mean REALLY REALLY stupid. I think most people that seriously think that kind of stuff are fooling themselves.....

Fangirls are always there to ruin something for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:00 pm
imwith you sometimes they really piss me off but sometimes they don't it all depends on what im watching and what i fell like watching at the time! blaugh  

Rentyn

Romantic Lover

9,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Ceveo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:21 am
Hmm I am always just slightly awkward when the author is obviously softly hinting at a pairing, but the canon moves toward the straight fashion. DN Angel was a prime example, particularly early in the series when I thought Daisuke was going to end up with Risa, her and all her superficiality killed me gently. Then again at the end where there was a gentle hint she might end up with Satoshi(anime). Though in the manga as you look through you just get so many hints and so on. Though there are straight couples I love above all else. Like Yukino and Soichiro from Kare Kano, in good fact that series is one of the most romantic pieces I've ever faced in anime/manga. I wouldn't have it replaced with anyone. So it is incredibly situational.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:53 am

User Image
I'm not sorry for being me...

:// They're usually so boring that it makes me to dislike 'em. But sometimes I just ignore 'em or sumthing. But I rarely like any, I can't even name one straight pairing I like. :'''D \:

User Image
... I'm sorry for you for being such an idiot.

Zizima

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:44 am
*smiles* only if its actually in story then I accept it as the way the writer wanted it so I can't argue its the fan pairings that bother me a little but only if they make no sense..like..Sakura..and Gaara...bleh xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm
XIII falling stars
Sorry but it's true.

Just because you think those two male characters together is hot doesn't mean it would actually make the story better. It'd probably make it really stupid........and I mean REALLY REALLY stupid. I think most people that seriously think that kind of stuff are fooling themselves.....

It would make the story better...for us anyway whee
Its ok though,i dont pair every single guy i see together,just because they look hot.
I go for the ones that make sense to me.
Also,we fangirls dont make it worse hun,we make it tons better ;3  

Enzai Sebby3

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:52 pm
I don't mind straight pairings, I just hate it when they drag them out and tease us for months. Like in InuYasha.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:27 am
I remember feeling the same way with some of the anime when I was growing up. There were several whiney @$$ bitches over the course of several shows that I just wanted to slap on basic principal. Keep in mind I'm a girl myself but with two girls in particular I thought the guys could do better with the mice on the planet than these two princesses.

Yes I am talking Voltron and the two princessess in question are Aluria and Romel (god I hope I spelled those names right!!) If any of you remember's that cartoon, maybe I won't feel so old. That show had TONS of inuendo between the team. Any whoo...

And more recently Death Note.... Light and Misa Misa..... NOW there is another female char that I wanted to shove in the trash compactor!!

I suppose I have ranted enough to look more than a little wacko. But sometimes it's good to "rant" about things like this.

Darke Skye

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Pretty Pretty Priceless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:09 am
kittycatneko3
XIII falling stars
Sorry but it's true.

Its ok though,i dont pair every single guy i see together,just because they look hot.
Whatever you say girl. rolleyes
I'm just saying that they would ruin the story in most cases.
(I mean come on yo, think how messed up the story of Death Note would have been if Light got with L instead of Misa.....can you say ********? User Image )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 pm
gaypridewonder
Straight pairings only bug me when they get in the way of the yaoi or the yuri pairing I want.

That or when the girl is so annoying b**** that I would gladly pair the guy with almost anyone else in the whole wide world just to save him from that monster! gonk  

Wicked Feenix

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm
XIII falling stars
kittycatneko3
XIII falling stars
Sorry but it's true.

Whatever you say girl. rolleyes
I'm just saying that they would ruin the story in most cases.
(I mean come on yo, think how messed up the story of Death Note would have been if Light got with L instead of Misa.....can you say ********? User Image )

Yes whatever i say xD
Cos we do lol
Light never got "together" with Misa.
Personally i think Light would do pretty good with L.
If they took down the barriers and whatnot.
Also,imagine what the sex would be like! eek  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces