Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Discussions:
{Updated 6th November 2010} Monthly Poll Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you do to improve your writing?
  Just keep writing really
  Little exercises now and again
  Competitions
  Get general critique
  A mix of above/different (please state)
View Results

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:14 pm
Last year I took part in a short story writing challenge with my local NaNo group where we aimed to finish a short story a month. I think I managed about six or so, and then turned my aims to other projects. I finished a novel that I'd been working on on-and-off for over two years (finally), completed a NaNoWriMo novel in November which was just over 100k long, completed the first novel in my trilogy during the summer (around 130k), and started the second novel which I got to about 80k before taking time off for a little while. Oh, and I also wrote the majority of a script during April for Script Frenzy. =O

Actually, now I think about it last year was really quite productive. X3 None of the novels are edited, but the first drafts are all I care about at this stage. =D

This year I'm not having QUITE so much luck, but then school is harder, the novel is harder, and I have a boyfriend. All of which wasn't the case last year. =P  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:22 pm
No idea. That would be code for none.

I started one in about May, before losing the memory stick that all the planning was on. I only got three chapters in, anyway. I still have them... I started this one (which I consider my first novel, having got more than 5000 words in) in August, before taking a rather large break. I've had several long breaks, which I haven't really intended to have... I hope to finally finish it this year. Before NaNo, if possible.

I also started a few fanfics which I didn't finish. I wrote a short story for school, if that counts... sweatdrop  

Voldemort point two

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 am
How many stories/poems/scripts did you finish last year?

Um.. lol I have no idea xD; I can remember at least three .. then how many got done besides the first in the Drag Shergi Mysteries I'd have to go look and count ..

Queries to Generations - finished up and published at the beginning of the year

Destiny in a Mask - finished writing and published in the middle of the year

Living Dead Girl - Rewritten/expanded then published in the middle of the year
Threnody in the Mausoleum
The Missing Paraclete
To Beat or Not to Beat

I think that's all ..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 pm
There was no option for none... so I didn't vote.

Yep, I'm soo unmotivated that I didnt finish anything last year, and I'm 5 chapters behind this year. I am doing well.  

Nefas Fatum

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:40 am
I would want to, to make my own impression on a series or something but I know I would never be good enough.
Plus I think I prefer reading. Haha.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:37 am
I've never really written a fanfiction, because it just never appealed to me. I've always preferred writing my own stuff because then I think I have more control over character development, and I don't feel so tied down. I think it would be interesting to write a fanfiction piece, but I'd be too afraid of ruining the original thing, because I have seen some bad fanfiction in my time. XD So, I think I'll be avoiding it in the future. Original works are just as much fun, and I do love my characters. :3  

Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:25 am
Actually...I've brought two books.

I ordered one book a week ago, Lover Avenged, by J R Ward and still waiting for it to arrive.

Today I brought Darren Shan's Wolf Island, just for some light reading. (One of the three authors I have actually met)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:34 am
Five, quite recently. Six if you count within two or three weeks...

The first four books in the Lost Books series by Ted Dekker, which were very disappointing. He was wrong to aim at young adults.

The Slumber of Christianity, also by Ted Dekker. It's pretty interesting, but it's not fiction. So I assume it doesn't count?

And Next by Michael Crichton, which seemed to be him shoving his views down the reader's throats. Still a good book though.  

Voldemort point two

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 pm
Bought..?
No, sadly, but I am part of the book of the month club ..
Heh last time I got Artemis Fowl, the graphic novel
This time I got Watchtower..
Last time with a book was... Eragon I think.. I'm like a third of the way through it. I feel like I've read it before, but I don't know xD; I got a hold of Coraline and I rather liked the short book (it was like 120 pages with illustrations) haven't seen the movie yet, though I'd like to
I get books from the library mostly now, but since they went through a move at the beginning of last month, I haven't been to the new one which opened the beginning of this month.. -sigh- I should go.. I have manga waiting to be picked up xD

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:18 am
Nothing super recently because of the exams I have going on, but the last book I bought (a few weeks ago) was The Secret Life of Bees. I've not been able to read it just yet. D=  

Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 am
Yes, I have posted some stories online but they were almost a year ago. I'm currently writing a story for FictionPress, for my loyal supporters!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 am
Yes. I have most of my current work at least partly posted online. I have some stuff in a private guild on Gaia, and some stuff in the SuWriMos public guild (though not the whole novel because of first publishing rights and all). Recently I also made use of the NaNoWriMo offer from last year, where winners were given a free proof copy for their novel (so I've been working on that to get it through the online publisher and a copy should be arriving soon!) Assuming there are no big errors in that, I'll also be able to sell that online. So, that counts as well.

Oh and I do have a FictionPress account, though I never got much feedback so I don't use it as much any more. :3  

Crew

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chanthar
Crew

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 am
I have posted my works online.
I used to have them up on the petpages on Neopets
Then after that I went to my website www.shakkathi.com
When I found DeviantArt then I put them up there on my account shakkathi.deviantart.com .. but it was before they made the folders I opened up a second account just for writing chanthar.deviantart.com
Now, I have what I can for sale on Lulu .. www.lulu.com/shakkathi

xD; I am scattered heh

Yeah, I very rarely get any feedback at all online.. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 pm
I've never posted an entire works on the web but bits and pieces here and there are always fun... It's more fun to me than others I guess cause I love reading how weird a randomly selected sentence from any project can sound so random and irrelevant...  

Kokiri-frantic

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100

DesertRoseFallen
Vice Captain

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:35 pm
Favourite authors:

J.R.Ward - Her Brotherhood series is immense and full with powerful characters and dynamic storylines. I have shared their tears, anger and happiness. Plus she loves her fans wink

Darren Shan - I love his early Vampire works and the first of the Demonata. I've also met him, which is a huge bonus and he was ever so nice.

Sherrilyn Kenyon - I like her Dark Hunters, especially Acheron. All of the characters had their own tale to tell and really got you thinking. Loved the whole concept of Greek Gods and Goddesses in the modern world. Especially with Simi...

Discussions:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff