Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Foods You Miss From When You Were Little? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Food Types Missed
  Junk/Snack
  Cereal
  Candy
  Lunch/Dinner
View Results

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 am
My Grandmothers Sweet and Sour Pork no one in my family has been able to replicate it crying

Warheads  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 am
OK... Mine is Planter's P.B. Crisps..... they were peanut shaped and had peanut butter inside.. then they came out with other flavors (like chocolate).... OMG they were the best!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgJuwz7pUps&feature=related

^ youtube link to the commercial for them smile ^  

HisTechnoAngel

Yumenai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:58 am
When I use to live in Mexico I would always get different candies, but now all the stuff that's going on it's hard to get the real good mexican candy^^

There's CarlosV chocolate, there' this lolipop that is shape like a hand, and it's kind of like a fortune cookie except it's a lolipop ^^ That is the most yummiest! Then there were the circus animal crackers ina small box. I don't remember the real name, but they might still be selling them somewhere, but it's hard to find them now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:53 am
Mrs_Black_Bear
My Grandmothers Sweet and Sour Pork no one in my family has been able to replicate it crying

Warheads

zomg warheads. those were the best! my fav were the blue raspberry lollipop warheads. *drooool*  

Agent Ginrei

grapeseed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
I miss Tuna Melts and Fillet O' Fish. I know they are still around, but when I was 8 I became a full vegetarian sooo ... yeah. Hah.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:48 pm
I don't really miss any particular food, I am one hell of a cook myself....but, now that I am the mom...I miss being the kid and having a full dinner placed in front of you, already cooked and on the table (on a good day, lol!)  

Wiccan_Scorpio

obe1ball

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 pm
I miss cracker jacks!! I have not been able to find any in the store by me!! I like getting the prize at the bottom! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:19 pm
We had these pastry puffs called 'Puff 'A Fruit' - a flaky pasty filled with fruit and whipped cream filling.

I know they still have pastries similar to it in this day and age - but they're nothing compared to the kind I munched on when I was a kid.

Good Lord, they were good! :9  

Madame_Fluffy

Agent Ginrei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:09 pm
Even Cracker Jack prizes suck now! Not that they were ever that great... but they were better than the lil piece of paper you get now. I mean come on, srsly...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:11 pm
I miss SmurfBerry Crunch Cereal & Smores Crunch Cereal.  

Blufoo

Celestial Elder

Giv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:18 pm
Alligator Soup. It was chicken noodle soup, but the noodles were alligator shaped; seriously, there was something so amusing about eating alligator shaped noodles that it always made my day. I keep my eyes peeled for it every time I go to the grocery store, but alas, I think it was discontinued long ago. ><  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:21 pm
My mom's homemade boston cream pie. candy cigarettes (they were fun and full of sugar! and no, they didn't make us want to smoke real ones). those reverse oreos (vanilla cookie with chocolate filling)  

ChyaneLlree

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:52 pm
You can stil get ahold of both candy and bubblegum cigarrettes, the icecream truck sold them seven years ago before I moved from that neighborhood, I wouldn't be surprised if they still do, and I've seen them in candy stores.
Does anyone remember 'Jello 1-2-3'? or that funky soda with gelatin balls in it? I think it was called orbit or something like that.
Also, I seem to remember pudding pops coming in a banana flavor. I really miss those. . .  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:03 pm
WTF happened to BooBerry?  

Johnny Paranoid

Damsel_Areli

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:28 pm
CORNSiLKDreamer
You can stil get ahold of both candy and bubblegum cigarrettes, the icecream truck sold them seven years ago before I moved from that neighborhood, I wouldn't be surprised if they still do, and I've seen them in candy stores.
Does anyone remember 'Jello 1-2-3'? or that funky soda with gelatin balls in it? I think it was called orbit or something like that.
Also, I seem to remember pudding pops coming in a banana flavor. I really miss those. . .

ohhh! I remember the jello pudding pops in banana...yeah...I miss those. I also miss the bubblegum cigarettes...they had that powder on them, so when you blew on them, it would look like "smoke". rofl Around here we don't get the gum, but you can get them in the really skinny hard candy kind... my mom bought me a pack when I was pregnant with my daughter "pretend it's the same..." *yeah...ha ha* rolleyes

I miss Taco Bell's chicken fajita wraps....they stopped making them here about 10 years ago... it was the only thing I really liked there.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff