Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Oldie Video Games We Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:04 pm
I haven't played them all, but with my track record with FF games I probably won't. I've never been able to finish any other FF game because they all either 1. Bored me to tears (4, 8, 10) or 2. Incited rage in me (7). Might take a crack at 9 because I've seen some of it and it looks okay, but other than that I'll still to largely to .hack, Suikoden, and Atlus/NIS titles.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 pm
Oh, well then that explains it. xD Try playing Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus. It shouldn't bore you although it might incite rage... I'm not really sure... it didn't make me particularly angry. ;D
Final Fantasy 12 is one of the better titles in the final fantasy series as well, but it's VERY tedious at times and will probably both bore you and make you very angry at times. Although if you stick to it, the end is worth all the trouble. :3 I'm also quite partial to Final Fantasy 3, which 6 being one of the few Final Fantasys I haven't played. D:
9 is pretty good. 3nodding But if you didn't like 10 or 7 I wouldn't recommend it.  

Misaki Haseo

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm
Unfortunately, I don't like shooters so Dirge is out for me. I've seen some of 12, and tedium doesn't do it for me (my fiance tried it and it didn't go well). I actually got through a lot of the DS FF3, but the fact there was no save points in dungeons was ludicrous and that ONE screw up would often lose you the fight and an hour's or more worth of gameplay. Other than that, it was a decent game.
Noted about 9, though it still will likely be my last crack at the series eventually. Once I get through all the other stuff I have to play. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:11 pm
Yeah, FF9 is actually my favorite FF. xD I've loved every FF I've played. ;-; <3  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:09 am
wink Try out Suikoden sometime, if you haven't.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 pm
Completely off-topic, but eff yes Atlus. o/ Who cares if I've only played one of their games so far?  

fk12

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:02 pm
*grin* Disgaea? Or Luminous Arc? Or something else?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3. heart  

fk12

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm
Ah.. forgot about those ones; I haven't played them. I am a fan of their SRPGs. We get Luminous Arc 2 in November. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm
Seiri Omaar
wink Try out Suikoden sometime, if you haven't.

Ohh. surprised Ok.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 am
The Suikoden games are rare and expensive, I warn you. But they are worth every dime. I'll pay a lot and search a lot for truly wonderful games *cough* Quarantine *cough*.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:10 pm
Are they like old PS games or something? D:  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:13 am
Suikoden and Suikoden II are old PS1s. Everything else in the series is PS2, and also somewhat rare, but they are not as good as the first two. Suikoden Tierkries, a new DS release, should come out here Q1 2009. Tierkries is supposed to be really different from the main series, though.
Whatever you do, do not play Suikoden IV first (though do eventually play it- it is worth playing solely for the clear data you can pump into the very good side-game Suikoden Tactics). It pales in comparison with the rest of the series, and it will leave an unfavourable impression. Start with either Suikoden or Suikoden V. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:42 am
I'd start with Suikoden V because it'd be easier to find and not as expensive. (plus that's the one I own after a month of searching local Gamestops lol)

And if you're gonna play a third person shooter (which are way easier than First Person Shooters imo) You'd go with Devil May Cry (first is best) or if you can find it, Gun Valkyrie for the XBox. Valkyrie is the easier of the two because of its linear paths but DMC has funny dialouge XD.

and yay Persona 3 >.> gotta get back to playing that one. Though I do wish I had bought the other Shin Megami Tensei games a few years back >.<

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:09 am
Don't you hate it when you KNOW you've seen those games before and now they are rare and can be found NOWHERE? Yuck.
Suikoden V is a good game. I sincerely recommend it. I mean, come on, Georg Prime! heart  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff