Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How Old is Your Soul? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xmisscheshirex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:22 pm
If you ask me, yes, my soul is older than my body. I believe my body, just like many others, were merely the home to my soul. I usually think about events that happened centuries ago but weren't part of any specific story, that look like memories.
I feel that my soul is as old as at least the time the Inquisition was around. Why? I believe I led an eighteenth century (XVIII) life in a more... vampiric, so to say, way; but I also fell that I had more lives before that one. One of them, I sometimes have what seems like memories of being burned in a fire, being considered a witch. These are just some of them. In one I believe I was tortured by the Inquisition with no apparent reason.
So basically, my soul is at least as old as when the Inquisition was created.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:55 pm
I've had dreams of past lives, that I woke up from and then pinched myself. Like "hey" what am I doing here. I know I have a varied past as an artist, priest, galdiatrix, doctor, revolutionary, and all sort of many things.

The funny thing is when I meet someone I know I was really good friends with or married to before, I get like deja vu x10.  

Jasop_Buttement

CaptainSS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:47 pm
I feel that my sould is very old. Sometimes I'll be watching the news, reading something, or listening to something, and I'll get a very tired feeling and let out a great sigh. Like my soul has gone through whatever was happening so many times and it's just tired of it. Thus I'll say my soul is way older than my body. Because bodies don't last long, they rot away.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:49 pm
I've done some work with past life regression and have traced back through several diffrent lives.

I do feel that my soul is fairly old, though it's extremely difficult to decipher how old. Sometimes I just have this sense of weariness with the monotony of life, as if I've gone through this so many times that I just need a rest from it all; yet, despite this I also have this sense of conflicting emotions due to my lacking of a comprehensive understanding of human nature. I can see two sides of the human soul, yet I have yet to be able to understand exactly how they can work together in harmony. Sometimes I have this very optinistic view of humanity, but at other times it's very pessimistic (though I do believe in the fundamental goodness of man...). This view leads me to believe that my soul, though older than most, is not extremely old and is going through a bit of a 'mid-life crisis' so to speak. I don't know... I have this sense of monotony and an extreme mellowness that often comes after many years of life, however I still retain these conflicting emotions and have yet to gain a full understanding of life, humanity, nature, and divinity.  

DreamerSpirit

Drifter_Xwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:59 pm
well i have had visions of some battles past but that might be a subcontius images from tv and movies but eh it could mean something  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:13 pm
i have no idea  

skater1469

Ndoki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 pm
I have felt that many MANY times.. although my age I couldn't begin to guess... just that I know 'twould be much older than I.. and I am pretty sure what one of my past lives is (perhaps the only one) from information I recieved from many different sources... so it's definately a possibility.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:13 am
    First off I belive the soul is not everlasting, so my beliefs to the relationship between soul and body are contradictory within themselves, but here goes...
    I belive a soul is the core and driving force of the body and can be as old as the beginning of time. I don't belive in reincarnation, but a soul can live without a body, unless it has already outlived a lifetime in one. When the body dies the soul dies with it, or rather passes into a state of nonexistance. Somehow I feel these two 'terms' aren't interchangeable.
    My own soul feels older than my body by perhaps decades, wise almost, since I generally have a good sense of foresight. Sometimes it seems like I can or have see/n things, although I dismiss these as 'subconcious imagery' as was so well-put by Drifter.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dollface Lovely

8,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:39 am
Doesn't this go into the subject of reincarnation? Even if you don't believe in that, it is a possibility if you think your soul is older then your body. I was told my soul went back to ancient Egypt. I don't know if I believe it, and i consider my soul new, but it is interesting to think about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:04 am
I certainly believe my soul is older than my body. I've never acted like a reckless teenager and tend to be much more mature than my friends and am mature beyond my years. I also tend to be very logical, which most teenagers seem to be highly lacking in.

Lexiegirl

TempusBliss

Thieving Tactician

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:05 am
Sometimes I think my sould is too old for my body... sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:17 am
I feel like my soul is dead.  

_darkened_tears_

1 Broken.Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:38 am
I feel like my soul is older than my body.

I can understand the world,and I know alot about it,even though I haven't experianced anything yet.I can understand people and their feelings usually.
But I would say my soul is an adult.I don't really know an exact age that I could say.I just think that it's an adult.

About reincarnation.I'm not sure about it,really.Yes,I believe in it and stuff.But I can't really remember anything if I was.
But my mom does say that I act A LOT like my great-grandmother. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:53 am
I dont think my soul is human, and I know its way older than my body.  

Demi Veritaz

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:19 pm
I beleive i have been reborn once or twice (i've seen one of my lives, though... in all it wasn't all that interesting, can't always live an exciting existance after all). in my opinion my soul is just old enough to be young without the self-consiousness of youth (if that makes any sence).  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff