Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply ♥ Non-Music Talk
~*~Bios Thread~*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Crimson Flames]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:57 pm
Hey everyone!!!

My name is Freddy, i'm 14 years old, I live in Tampa, Florida, and i play lead guitar in a band named Shadow Burn (don't ask about the name, but we'll rock!...when we get a drummer...), and i love rock and (some) metal!!! I can play a couple of songs by Linkin Park (Breaking The Habit and In The End), a bunch of songs by Green Day, Lostprophets, Sum 41 and a few others that I can't remember at the moment...

...thats about it...feel free to pm me if you want to chat or something!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:56 pm
My name's Tom, I'm 16, I'm an extremely awesome drummer and I play guitar and keyboard too. Drumming is my life. I also bike a lot and play Basketball and Soccer. I play for a band called Flood, a band my friends and I made called Echo, and a bunch of random people that get together to play rock every once and a while (we ain't got a name). I am the head Tenor in my schools marching band and we won best drumline last year!!
I like any type of rock from Linkin Park to Green Day to Rush to Dream Theatre to basicly anything else.
Well, thats bout it!  

Drum_Master_T

Staircase Wit

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:06 pm
My name's Jeff. I'm 18 years old, from Clovis, CA. Yeah, it sucks here. I'm hoping to head off to Miami for college in a couple years as a transfer student. I'm a singer. I sing a lot of different stuff, mostly rock. I have very eclectic musical tastes, and a lot of what I like is rather obscure.

I'm not in a band currently, though I have started up a couple during high school. The problem is that I'm the only one who ever wants to actually put work into it. Whatever. If you want to know more, ask me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:21 pm
Mel_Darkflame
Introduce yourself here, you can share what country you're from, what music you play, what instrument, if you're in the band, what's the bands name, all that stuff ^^

Hey people, my name is Mel, I'm 14 years old and live in Canada. I play guitar, drums, and keyboard as well as sing and I would like to learn some DJing skills ^^. I started a band about 6 months back called Shattered Silence whee I like to ride horses and I draw and write and I love Linkin Park... As you may have noticed. Did I leave anything out? Heh, just ask if I did.
hi im cassia im 16turning17 i love to sing i do it professionaly i play the organ and i love listening to evenescence.  

thorns of temptation

Princess Lola Heart

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:17 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:51 am
Hi, I'm 18 and I live in Wicklow, Ireland. My name is Ferrau and I play anything put infront ... well ... I try to. I once nearly gave a violin player a heart attack by playing it like a slide guitar... what? It sounded good (honest!)

Anyway, I'd like to claim myself a great musician, but to be honest I'm a much better composer. I record myself alot and tend to start something random and never finish it. To varying degrees of success I have made Punk, Grunge, Industrial, Electronica, Post-Rock, Classical, singer-songwriter and Rap albums. But never really get off my computer.

I've one proper band at the moment called "Shadowplay", thats the post rock one. If you'd like to hear us PM me, I'll send you an address to download our stuff.

I play Guitar, Keyboards, Bass, Piano, Drums and Percussion (mostly samba) but will turn my hand to most things that look similar. Hence ill-advised attempts at Accordians, Mandolins, Organs, Timbala's, Likembe's and the the like. I also sing and make electronic noises, beats. Though my beats tend to sound really bad as I don't have any goodd programmes (Fruity Loops, Re-Birth)

I'll listen to most things. I know everyone says that, but I really will. I started doing the sound for a local arts group which is ... interesting. I used to be a Punk kid, then moved into Pink Floyd and then Radiohead, then Fourtet. This new job has opened my eyes a bit (I've so far had to work out how Harps, Operatic Groups, Traditional Irish Instruments, Lutes and one of those strange Hari Krishna organs work so I can mic them up ...) I've also discovered a passion for Tom Waits. It's becomming unhealthy. Which has lead to my most recent musical Project ...  

Tungska Butterfly

Shelagnoa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:27 pm
Heh, another new member here.

I'm Cami, 19 years old, currently living in Idaho, USA. Yummy, potatoes.

I play flute, piccolo, piano, Irish whistle, and am learning oboe, trumpet, and clarinet. I also sing alto. I'm a music major in college. I like manga and anime, though I'm not obsessed with it like a lot of people on Gaia. I've never been in a band, and I'm not sure I'd like to be. I prefer playing in orchestras and bands, and singing in choirs. biggrin

I can't compose worth diddly though. With a little guidance like a melody I don't have much of a problem, but straight from my brain I just can't. Arranging is hard, but I can do it...with the right inspiration.

I love country and techno, but I can't stand rap. Never could.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:52 pm
I am Ash, and I play the clarinet in my high school band. Also, I sing the female songs in a band named Electroflame. My best friend (Frilin) sings the male songs. ninja  

Ashazra

Friendly Genius

3,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tiokin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:40 pm
Hello my name is Ren and im an alcho... oops wrong place. Im 17 but will be 18 in June and I live in Washington.

Im a drummer. Its my main thing. Ive been playing for round 9 or so years give or take. I play in the HS jazz/symphonic/pep/marching band and im in my own band called Furiera. (on purevolume if you want to hear us any way)

When not drumming i wrestle, hang out at Jons with friends and girlfriend, cause havoc, and, and, and, thats all i got really.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:58 pm
The names Megan from Central British COlumbia, Canada. I play trumpet in my school band. I have dreams of being a drummer in band...*looks into space* someday I will be. My type of music is maily Emo *ALL THE WAY* Well canadaian type emo anyways (people in the states have a bit of a different understanding) My fave bands are Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Greenday, Mychemical Romance, and GOB. Well thats it for the emo/punk/pop punk whatever you wanna label it as. I'm also interested in some christian bands such as Superchic[k], Barlow girls (sorta..on certain days), Switchfoot, Pillar, P.O.D, Casting Crowns and Relient K.....

Well I think thats everything that has to do with music...  

[--Kiynama

[Technologic]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:18 pm
Name: Sydney im frm WA......SAD FR ME!!!!!!!!!!! IT RAINS EVERY FLIPPIN DAY >.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:08 am
My name's Josh, and I've done some interesting things...

My musical career started in Orchestra in Olean, NY, which took me other places. I played Bass (11), and a few years later picked up the acoustic guitar (13). Then the electric guitar (14) and learned as much stuff as I could. I barely took lessons, and started learning on my own. Senior year, my friends let some other friends know I played guitar, so we started a Metallica cover band called Emerald Fusion, and we played a couple originals as well. Later on that year, a buddy wanted me to play 2nd lead in his Slayer cover band Red Cloud, so we played one punk show and that was the end of that.

Then I moved to Columbus, OH, and that was the last anyone heard of me for a few years. Moved back to Olean due to extenuating circumstances sweatdrop then moved to Cleveland, OH and now I head up our church's music department.

What I'm in the process of doing is writing/composing some of the heaviest/catchiest christian metal anyone's thought of. Some of my favorite bands prior to my devotion were Krisiun, Nile, Emperor, Old Man's Child, Dimmu Borgir, etc. Sadly, no Christian band has come into thier arena yet (and if anyone says that As I Lay Dying is trying, they need to think harder).

Currently, though, I'm getting faster and saving to re-build my tone. I'd like to get my hands on a decent 7-string, something big and loud in an amplifier, and either some rack-mount effects or some more pedals...

Favorite bands are currently Tourniquet, Depeche Mode, and Nightwish. I play guitar, bass, violin, viola, cello, some piano, drums (decent size set with double-kick), sing, sequence, and arrange.  

Lantis0001

lavinia_GD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:39 am
heey i'm not going to tell more then I am playing guitar blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:34 am
I'm Austin from Texas. I play guitar, Bass, drums, and keyboards. I love rock and heavy metal. I like rap 2 but only a little bit. I play my guitar at least 3 hours a day but try to get in 5. I love my guitars. I named them, sleep with them, clean them daily, and polish. Everyone says i obsessed even my dad. My dad plays bass
and tought me bass but i couldn't stretch far enough to get very good. I transfered my skillz to guitar and now that is what i mainly play. I've got a good ear and can listen and tab a song.

Waz up everyone  

spyxz27

SamielLucavi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:38 pm
Elo all!
I'm Ryan and I'm part of two musical projects, one called "ChromaticPerversion" and the other called "The Spain Society". I play guitar in both, and probably do vocals.  
♥ Non-Music Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff