Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Strangers Guild

Back to Guilds

There are no such things as strangers, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Tags: Bookworms, Heroes, General, strangers, friends 

Reply 1000 Miles In My Shoes (Main Forum)
*clears throat* Where in PSG is the Capt.? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

let put a leash on the Capt.
  Naaa! let's put gps microchip in her brain
  I'll get my diamond studed Diva one!
  I think she looks better in spikes! Yikes!
View Results

undacuva_druid
Vice Captain

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:00 am
MyOwnRainCloud
OfCourseImAwesome
What bills do you gotta pay?
That's one thing I worry about when I'm independent & on my own.
I don't have to worry about that stuff yet but entering adulthood is getting closer to me.
>___>

sigh. i wish i could stay a child foreverr.

Same. In 10 months I'm no longer a teenager crying

OfCourseImAwesome
:thinks:
Somewhat. I believe that every thing happens for a reason & that there are no coincidences in life.
But, I also think that life's not predetermined. That you unravel your own destiny by making choices & living.

I think exactly the same. I like Tetris because just like in life every move affects your future!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:40 am
so i have to go to a funeral today i will see everyone late.....ill be on to do the polls for the contests.....so have a nice day everyone...:huggles:  

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am
undacuva_druid
MyOwnRainCloud
OfCourseImAwesome
I don't have to worry about that stuff yet but entering adulthood is getting closer to me.
>___>

OfCourseImAwesome
Somewhat. I believe that every thing happens for a reason & that there are no coincidences in life.
But, I also think that life's not predetermined. That you unravel your own destiny by making choices & living.

I think exactly the same. I like Tetris because just like in life every move affects your future!

O; life as an adult seems so far away...
& yoor tetris representation is very interesting.[;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:13 am
Melisciose22
so i have to go to a funeral today i will see everyone late.....ill be on to do the polls for the contests.....so have a nice day everyone...:huggles:

O; huggles Mel.

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:21 pm
MyOwnRainCloud
undacuva_druid
MyOwnRainCloud
OfCourseImAwesome
>___>

OfCourseImAwesome

O; life as an adult seems so far away...
& yoor tetris representation is very interesting.[;

Omg, did someone say Tetris?o:
I love tetris, so fun & agonizing @ the same time.
Only a few more years 'til I leave the nest. Can't wait 'til then but I'm still not yet ready.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 pm
MyOwnRainCloud
Melisciose22

O; huggles Mel.

What do you do @ a funeral?
Never been to one. o.o;;

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
OMG i firgot how long a buddhist funerl was never again...anyway...theres a program like if family members want to share a story..or sing..and view the body.....

but for today i swear they were gonna chant forever!!

It was nice but i wished i had heard something more personal
like more about his life. Instead i got a lesson on life is nothing but a struggle and u die and karma what u do in this life effects your next life
and so on....The man was Christian but since his parents were Buddhist it was a Buddhist ceremony...blah blah this is boring topic...on to the next....

The man was Kykeo Khamdy
an awesome provider and father to two young boys Ryan and Troy
He was always smiling....the way i want to remember him.

Anyways a funeral should be about people who know and love you coming together to share memories of u funny and heartfelt ones. Celebrate their life...mourn u know a cry of all emotion s .. . well this is just my opinion

anyways ill be in a subforum havent figured out which one prolly oh the agony  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:07 am
Mel. do yoo know why people wear black at funerals?
i've always wondered.O__o

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:30 pm
You've seen some of those old Chinese movies right? When they have a funeral, they're all clothed in white. That's like weird, compared to present day funerals.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 pm
OfCourseImAwesome
You've seen some of those old Chinese movies right? When they have a funeral, they're all clothed in white. That's like weird, compared to present day funerals.

i was also gnna say white. but i thought it was only in the past. so i only said black.O__o

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Melisciose22
Captain

3,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:57 pm
MyOwnRainCloud
Mel. do yoo know why people wear black at funerals?
i've always wondered.O__o

traditionally a color of mourning, but why? Sparing many details, here's the general answer.

While many believe that death is a natural part of human life, the Bible tells us differently. We learn that death is very unnatural and that it is an enemy of mankind.

We associate black with things evil and unnatural. That death is such goes back to earliest times. Some religions teach that all good people go to heaven to live with God and bad ones go to a fiery hell to burn forever. The truth is quite different.

Originally, humans were meant to live forever on a perfect earth, neither flying off to heaven or frying in hell. When sin entered the world (Romans 5:12) things changed. A new condition came to exist. This was human death. The original Bible languages use the words Sheol and Hades to describe this state. They mean the same thing.

Rather than being a state of consciousness (happy or unhappy), we learn that Sheol is a place of deep unconsciousness or profound sleep (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10; John 11). The basic concept of Sheol is a covered over place. It is even compared to being in the belly of a great fish (book of Jonah).

Deep unconsciousness, especially if one is covered as with earth, would be a state of blackness. Death is not a form of life, but just the opposite.

Although the understanding of death has been twisted by many religions, the most basic idea of it being lifelessness and darkness have remained in the human heart.

This also explains why many religious leaders wear black and why many churches are dark. It is because these religions are death oriented, preparing its members for dying instead of preparing them to live in a righteous new world of light and happiness.

Death is not mysterious, but really very simple. Ezekiel 18:4 tells us that the soul that sins dies. Death is the absence of life. This brings us to the happy hope of resurrection which is another subject.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:36 pm
wow. that makes a lot of sense.
Mel. yoor so smart.O:

MyOwnRainCloud
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 am
Too lazy to read all that.
Typical Elaine. o 3o
Copy & paste? o:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am
man mel, u realy know ur bible..maybe i should start reading mine again.... rolleyes  

daniG0rawr
Crew

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ni hao elaine
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:43 pm
fanboy360
man mel, u realy know ur bible..maybe i should start reading mine again.... rolleyes

Read the bible?!?
I tried reading it once beginning from Genesis but I was only able to read up to the part about Noah & his ark.
>_____>

1000 Miles In My Shoes (Main Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces