DEATH...and thought and views on it... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Ndoki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:57 pm
I could never see death playing an xbox... lol.

Personally, I feel it's selfish to be sad at funerals, at least if you miss them. I also don't get why it's looked at as something sad. Assuming there's another life after this one then while they are dying and we are mourning here, they are being born and people are rejoicing in the next life. People always say birth is such a beautiful thing, and when someone dies they are just being born into the next life, so I don't think we should be so sad about it. That's my two cents.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:59 pm
I think death is our redeemer... it redeems us from bound to the thingd that tie us down tot his world... now, I don't know what comes after death; but I guess I'll know when I'm ready.

And in response to previous posts... I don't see being sad in a funeral as being selfish... I see it as being vulnerable and showing it... it's the realization of one's mind trying to take on the fact that you'll never see that person again; now some people don't see the logic in it... but everyone functions differently; that's why we act differently wink  

Tierra_de_Fuego

Desirable Capitalist

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Window Shopper 100

mee_shee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:21 pm
Hmm ... death is a time of judgement and a time of reminising of what you have learned in this life.

It's a time for you to decide if you're ready to go up with the big guy, or stay and help others learn for themselves. And for you to learn more to. Death is a moment for you to judge yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:01 pm
Wow alotta good answers so far........ 3nodding

Hmm, let's see here; Death is an event or stage in which all life must participate in. Death can be presented to all forms of life in many ways, whether its slow & painful or quick & painless. [prefer slow and painful plz] It can come in mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual stages whether its inside ourselves or outside. Once Death has surpassed us, we become narcautic [fall into a state of unconciousness/sleep] and our brains begin to hilusinate stange phases of Heaven &/or Hell, visions of the past rewinding and fast-forwarding through back and forth, or force us to go into shock and buckle our body and mind too quickly. Death is inevidable to us all, humans, animals, insects, plants, and even the planet(s) as well.

So basically, Death is jus a part of everyday life that all must live through; but think about what real Hell the immortals [vampires] must go through when their mortal bodies die, and forced to start all over again in a different way....... twisted <---- *[ extra thought for ya ]*  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:40 pm
Wow eek this be deep.

Death seems to me like the transition from one existance to another within the universe. Like down time between lifetimes.....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:36 pm
avrilavignia
well,hey...i'v been thinking about death lately..(i'm not scared or anything)..but i wanna know wat u guys think...i wrote a poem about death the other day..actually its not really a poem...i don't know wat it is...n its too long to be a poem..i think...here it is..it might help u realise wat i'm talking about..

-Death-

Death,
What is death?
Is it just a period of time when our soul and spirit leaves our body, wandering in search of another body to occupy?
Or does your soul, spirit, and body just fall into eternal darkness, never to be used again?
Or does it venture further, a step higher, into heaven or hell, where it remains, immortal?
No one knows.
For the ones who have the answers are no longer with us to explain the proper facts.
……or are they?
Are we just too blind to see them?
Have the scientific facts of life blinded us so badly that we refuse to notice even the slightest out-of-the-ordinary happenings?
Are there spirits of our loved ones surrounding us in warm embrace to protect us from unknown dangers at this very moment?
Once again, no one knows.
There is no way of finding out for sure what is fact and what is not when it is death that is being questioned.
The only way to understand it fully would be to experience it for ourselves, leaving our family, friends, and body behind in the process and unable to communicate with the rest of the world we once used to know, journeying into an entirely different dimension as we unravel one of the greatest mysteries of all time.
Who knows?
Death could be a fun-filled wonderland,
Or it could be a dooms-day hellhole.
In my opinion, it’s about what you believe that matters,
And not what has been scientifically proven.
As for me, I believe that death is an opening to many great, unknown possibilities.
I guess some mysteries are just meant to remain a mystery…….forever……...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

k...that's it..u can share ur thoughts and views on death here...........................

for me death is the next adventure, you die then you get to kive again. so on and so on till you learn all there is to know about the world. Recarnation is what they call it.  

Hunter of the Dammed

[[CandiedxMisfit]]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:35 am
Death is a beautiful thing, but it's also extremely sad. Life is a very fragile state and people fail to realize that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:50 pm
I believe there is an afterlife, but that it's just temporary; sort of a resting place between incarnations.

I think death is sad. I know I'd be very sad if someone I love were to die. I would be sad that he or she was gone, but I would take comfort that that person will eventually return to Earth and that I may see him or her again in the afterlife or in a future lifetime.

I'm not obsessed with death like some stereotypical goths are. I don't want to die anytime soon, and I can't think of anyone I wish death on right now. I acknowledge it as a part of life, but it's defintiely not my favorite part of life.  

Freedom Fire

Vampire-Elf of the Void

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:30 pm
I like death, I hate life, I fear the transition. I mean death is peaceful, partly cause I don't really believe in Heaven or Hell. Pain or peace? I'd choose peace; call me selfish if you will. Most people do anyways; when i mention this subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:39 pm
There is that which we come from, and that which we return. In between is our story. Death is simply the name for the end.  

Clash of Vision

kayla1234098

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Well I think that once you die you go to heaven or hell based on my Christian views. But Im also very spiritual and I know there real dispite whatever people say so I think you also have an option to stay here for what ever reson you choose  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Well, I used to have a huge fear of death, untill about, Wensday night. XP

I was reading up on Out of Body experiances, and came across this little snip-it in the artical.

"Death is not something to fear, because it doesnt really exsist. Like an author once said, "You're as dead now as you ever will be." "
Or something to that effect.

So I got to thinking, well, once we die, it's only physical right? And physical is only HALF of us. So I guess that means that only half of us dies, while our spirit goes on.

So then, I started thinking, well then if I know that even though I may not be in my physical body, I'll be able to go on and do things. I'll still be around.

So, in a sense I guess, I dont really BELIEVE in death, (yeah, my friends laughed at me for saying that too. XP)

Like, I know it'll happen, but I also know that once I'm gone, I wont really be gone, gone. I'll still be here.

But that's just what I believe.  

Endlos Blut Staub

xAsh-chanx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:03 pm
Death in inevitable. Everyone is born and everyone dies.

Life is just a temporary state. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:44 pm
death is the end.
we hand off everything we worked so hard for to others,
so they can just own it then die themselves.
everything you've done becomes a waste,
as everything you owned becomes outdated then useless trash
and everyone you influenced dies.
death is nothing
you cant remember before you were born,
nor will you when you die.
not only will you not see, hear, smell, taste, or touch ever again
you can't think, you can't hope, you can't feel any emotions, you can't love, you can't hate, you can't trust those that knew you who are still alive to remember you, you can't watch over them, you can no longer guide them, you can do nothing because you are nothing.
you are lost in the flow of time...
nothing more than a tiny step on a never ending road
just as we could not see the begining we cannot see the end
but what will we have accomplished when it comes?
what will we as humans have learned?
perhaps there is a final destination for our race,
but what if our steps have learned nothing and wasted the little time they had and passed nothing to the next step and our road fails and falls into nothing just as the first step did?
then we as humans have failed
the frustrating thing is what to do with your life and to decide whether or not it will be a waste.
will it help you? you're just going to die
will it help another individual? they're going to die too
i personally think that science is what helps us learn these things, about the begining, the end, the time in between, and ourselves
it is still hard to know whether there is a point to it all though...
we being logical creatures only want to do something if it has a purpose
but is there one for humans? for all the creatures on Earth?
they're not as mentally complex as we are so maybe they are aids to us and don't know it of course, but what if we are aids to something else and are unaware of it? something we can't comprehend? larger and far longer than we'll ever see or know about. like a life cycle of a star, but a star is only a tiny part of one galaxy and yet one galaxy is only a very tiny part of the universe where there is an uncountable number of galaxies.
what could we possibly do that will affect that?
nothing... i guess
because we are nothing to stars, galaxies and the universe
just as subatomic particles (protons, neutrons, electrons, etc.) are nothing to us...
fasinating isn't it?
something we will never understand,
something we can never imagine,
something completely beyond us...

wow i kinda strayed from the topic... sorry
i was really into it
but i think i got my point across

if you didn't notice i didn't mention anything about religion which i personally believe is a creation of humans

but lately i have been wondering maybe religion is a good thing because the thought of death, nothingness, and being a waste is so depressing.
and being logically thinking creatures we like to think that we have a purpose, and there will always be something, love is neverending, we will always be able to think or do things even if its your soul (another human invention)
but what if we are too consumed in these things (as humans not JUST as individuals) that we don't pay enough attention to certain things learn about the real purpose? whatever it may be...

wow that was really long. this is where i stop, i haven't really thought about it anymore so i can't tell you anything else about (my views) it

death terrifies me...
but so does life...
(or the future of it anyways)  

A Dark Knight

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:34 pm
I don't think that death is really all that important to the individual after they die. Instead, life should be our main concern. We should ask ourselves questions like "am I challenging myself to be a better person?" Or do what I do each day (and still struggle to evaluate) and ask myself if I actually "own" what I "know."

I know that forgiveness is key to having healthy relationships with myself and my love ones... but do I "own" forgivness? I know for a fact that I don't "own" forgivness in the way that greater people do. I "know" that being a good person and not judging others is a better way to go in life... but I know that I "own" little to no good quallities (as of right now) that would set me apart from the rest of the world. I also know that we actually LEARN to possess these quallties as we age and are tested and put through hardships. If there is a heaven or whatever, If I died right now I would not deserve to go there. And not just because I don't believe in the way the christian bible portrays the creator (if there is one) but I know because I haven't been tested yet, and I don't know my full potential.

Blood, sweat and tears... or "life" if you want to call it envokes our character. I'm still young, and still protected from the real world and many other things. The only thing that I have right know is that I awknowlege how ignorant I am. I just hope that before I die, I own the things that I've learned.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff