Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:46 am
My religion's kinda complicated. xD I'm a Buddhist-Shinto kinda thing. xD I guess I'd be an atheist really, since I don't believe in a creator of the universe, rather, I believe that everything, living or non-living has a spirit. But since Buddhism is technically a way of life, a teaching, I'd say I'd be Shinto, but I can't worship at any shrines, due to the lack of them in the UK. xD But, when asked, I claim to be Atheist. 3nodding I don't want any more attention, kthx. I'm fine being invisible. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 am
I attend Church of Christ in whichever town I happen to be living. So far they are the only ones that fit well with my interpretation of the Bible. Personally, I don't care one way or other about instrumental music, though. As long as it's not taking away from worship then whatever.

I hate religious arguments, mostly because I have what most people call blind faith. I simply believe.

I've been going to church without my parents since I was nine  

Felt Teeth

bodyslam bailey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:31 pm
I'm a Christian, I have taught to be my whole life because that is what my family is. I believe the after-life will be heaven one day... I pray every night and I know a lot about it. I don't go to Church, but I have before.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:29 pm
I am a Lutheran, because my dad is a Lutheran pastor. I know what your thinking, bur I WANT to be a Lutheran. just to let you know mrgreen  

thebluestchu

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Anko Habanero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 pm
Questing Devil Tail
Progress: 5mil / 22mil
Love me?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Anko says:
I don't have faith in any religion at the moment.
I go to a catholic church right now but that's only
because it's an escape from home.

~-~-~
Tell me why I feel so sad...
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

AfricanAmerican||MtF TG||22yr old||04' Gaian
StephanieTye || Sora Ai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm
I'm Catholic/Christin but there are somethings i don't agree with in the Bible, Like it says all people should be accepted, But if you keep reading it says gay people aren't. And that confesses me.  

Toasted Mellows

3,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:05 am
Sayer of the Truth
MelanHoliC

I guess I would be a pagan -.-''
but I really don't do anything....

there is a reason why we haven't posted a religion thread '^^
people starts fighting..... not that surprising -.-'' since its all that religion do...
can't people just believe in themselves?

well as long as nobody fights or anything like it '^^
I guess this can be a very interesting topic razz
so promise no fighting mrgreen

User Image

Lol, I know, religion's a touchy subject.

Myself, I'm non-demon.
I believe in Jesus Christ, but I don't go to church or anything like that.

I am Christian but I don't care for Religion. Religion is what people think they need to achieve; their goals like getting to heaven. I want the salvation which is completely different and is taught in christanity. How can God get to me and save my soul from eteneral damnation.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:12 am
Sayer of the Truth
miss twinkle toes 001

Sorry Boys, But...

It's A Girl Thing!

We are raised in the religion our parents raised us in.
But when we come in the age of understanding, we read the holy scripture ourselves and decide for ourselves what religion is correct.
I supposed to be a christian.
But i don't believe in it anymore.
Example:
How can you believe in a zoo on water (noah's arc)?

I believe there is something: the 'ietsisme'

How about the flying spaghetti monster?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And the invisible pink unicorn?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A Getaway For Every Girl.

Click To join

User Image

For all we know about the Bible, I think a lot of it's symbolism.
Many of it is. it has laws to help benefit society... 10 commandment, promises, shoot it was in itself a soap opera.  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:20 am
Shanndee
I'm Catholic/Christin but there are somethings i don't agree with in the Bible, Like it says all people should be accepted, But if you keep reading it says gay people aren't. And that confesses me.
Love the person but not their actions. Now some group take it to the extreme.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 pm
About "the zoo on water" from Twinkle Toes

Alot of people believe in the symbolism of the bible, so they don't take the Arch of Noah liturally, but as a story to pass through a message.  

i-- M a r i e --i

LadyAbiel

6,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:07 pm
I'm a christian. I believe in the afterlife and all. Jésus Christ is my only God.
I do read the bible (when I feel like I have to), I go to church and pray a lot.

Now people when they hear that they automatically think I'm gonna preach stare Not all christians do that.. but we have to do it (it's written in the bible)... Personnaly I answer people questions as good as I can, and I tell you if what you are doing is wrong (not to the extreme as people think though).

I'm very sociable though... I don't care if you are a muslim, buddhist, bi, homo or whatever.. as long as you don't follow our greatest ennemy (if you know what I mean)..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:23 pm

i'm a believer in God.

i was raised to.

i don't go to church every sunday.

but i love God.

He not only makes me feel special being so loved and all,

but it's a nice thought. i'm not exactly sure why i believe, but i guess

it's a choice, if not also a sort of comfort.

i will pray.

i admit, i do forget to most times.

but then again, i am not perfect.

solar molar

Dapper Fatcat

Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:20 pm
I'm taking a religion course this semester. We will learn about Judaism, Christianity, and Muslim

My particular beliefs? My mother raised me in the way of followed Buddha's teachings. (East Asian branch).

Though, I don't know much about that. I don't know much about anything D:

Aha~ But I am learning! For instance, did you all know that Jesus was a Jew?? Yeah. My professor explains that the bible is a lot of metaphors for life, and people just take it way too seriously. Like- would you really gauge your eyes out if you coveted something??

Religion... The whole subject is iffy. I don't believe in afterlife. I suppose I believe in rebirth and recycling of the souls. That really leaves nothing else to the imagination of savior or sacrifice, seeing as how I don't really think we need one.

And on the god note, I believe that one ethereal feeling is out that that takes the form of all the things we worship.

Eck! Religion gets me so confused! I'm learning history, but how do I know what had really taken place and what had really happened? Because like miss twinkles toes said, I can't really believe about the animals in a tiny boat D:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:25 am
Well, reincarnation (like you explained it, cycling of the souls" is also called "a afterlife".

Yes, I did know Jezus was a Jew XD

I agree, in some ways, al religions are a way to spirituality and some kind of ethereal entity.  

i-- M a r i e --i

Sleepy_Tuna_FIsh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 am
Hmm... But I don't like to think of it that way D:

If you don't have awareness of your now self in your afterlife, then I wouldn't like to call it an afterlife. When you die, you die. But your soul is given to another body to live.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff