Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
I don't think this is a compliment. Edit: Keltie responds <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

candie the pirate thief

3,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 am
thats why I love keltie  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm
MixedUp92
Don't bash the Jonas Brothers because it was not them who bashed Panic at the Disco. It was their bassist. Greg is the bassist that plays FOR the Jonas Brothers when they do shows since the Jonas Brothers don't play bass. I happen to actually like the Jonas Brothers, and Greg does not speak for the Jonas Brothers.

I agree. I mean come on. I get where everyone is comming from with the whole jealous thing. and with the one person's comment represents the whole company name... but really??? do we need to bash on the band?? I love Panic .. they are my number one. and my number 2 happens to be Jonas. so why cant you just bash on the bassist??? he said it not them.  

[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 pm
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92
Don't bash the Jonas Brothers because it was not them who bashed Panic at the Disco. It was their bassist. Greg is the bassist that plays FOR the Jonas Brothers when they do shows since the Jonas Brothers don't play bass. I happen to actually like the Jonas Brothers, and Greg does not speak for the Jonas Brothers.

I agree. I mean come on. I get where everyone is comming from with the whole jealous thing. and with the one person's comment represents the whole company name... but really??? do we need to bash on the band?? I love Panic .. they are my number one. and my number 2 happens to be Jonas. so why cant you just bash on the bassist??? he said it not them.

The bassist of the Jonas Brothers represents the entire band. It's like how Eric, who's only the keyboarder for Panic, represents Panic At The Disco. It's sort of like how you, just a single person, represents your entire school.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 pm
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

The bassist of the Jonas Brothers represents the entire band. It's like how Eric, who's only the keyboarder for Panic, represents Panic At The Disco. It's sort of like how you, just a single person, represents your entire school.

User Image
Agreed. But I honestly don't like the Jonas Sisters.
So, I bash them.
I just won't do it around you.

PanicChic2005

Strawberry_Kraziness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am
Wow. I'd like to see the Jonas Brothers, and I guess their crew who actually MAKES the music, take on Panic. At least Panic has a good sound, not some teeny bopper sludge from the Disney Channel. Don't mess with a band, Jonas Bros, unless you're just as good or better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

i understand that. but is there really a reason to be so brutal on the boys??
i mean why cant people just complain on the bassit on how rude he was on Panic??

i completely side with Keltie on beating the bassist because his comments were so uncalled for....

but i dont agree on how all of you guys just suddenly pounced on the Jonas brothers instead of their bassist...  

[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]

-crystalcatalyst

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:06 pm
I sweared in my mind violently for a minute after i saw the bassists quote.

( I would swear out loud, but I respect my mother too much to swear so loudly in such a small house.)

...(i had in this spot wrote a three paragraph rant on how stupid and hypocritical this bassist is, but i accidently erased it all. crying I worked so hard! )...It sounded so coool tooo..... internet explorer needs an undo button emo

In any case, I hate how people who are unoriginal themselves, or a part of something unoriginal have the nerve to call out other people as supposedly "unoriginal". (regardless about how good fans might think thier music is, they are undoubtedly not unique in any way. Im not so much as trying to critisize them in their and their fans choice of music, but merely stating something.) In my opinion, the similarities of panic and the beatles are few, and i still think they are almost completely unique, and only slightly reminiscent of the beatles. (Correct me if im wrong, but I have definately heard nothing fromt the beatles that are even vaguely familliar to Panic's Folkin' Around, as for one example)

I'm noticing now how bands have been so mean to panic, and all so uncalled for. But in the end, Panic doesnt say anything mean about them. ^-^ theyre so nice. (Example: Against Me!, The Killers, and now Jonas brothers. BTW, who in thier right mind dedicates a whole song bashing a band who didnt do anything to them, yet alone anything considered wrong? Its ridiculous.)

But in any case, I am now an official fan of keltie (KeltieFTW!). She high kicks a**. cool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:38 pm
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

I get where you are getting at but I can't help but disagree. One person does not represent a group unless the group agrees to his representation. Not once in that journal did Greg reference back to his part with the Jonas Brothers. I find it extremely hard to accept that one person from any group can represent it as a whole just because of a single journal entry. It's like saying if I write a blog saying how much I dislike PETA then this whole guild must dislike PETA. We all know that it's my personal opinion in no way am i saying this guild or my school dislikes PETA.

Yes it's awesome that Keltie is defending Panic but she should at least check her facts. The Jonas Brothers do write their own music. (Just pointing it out not trying to say Keltie is a bad person or anything.)

Also I want say I apologize if I made anyone think I was saying that everyone should like Jonas. I was just saying do not bash this group just because of what their bassist wrote. If you do not like the Jonas brothers then I have no issues with that. We all have different taste. Please refrain from bashing them just because Greg's entry angered you.  

MixedUp92

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:40 pm
Well, people can express their opinions or not. So just don't get mad if
someone doesn't like em..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 pm
MixedUp92
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

I get where you are getting at but I can't help but disagree. One person does not represent a group unless the group agrees to his representation. Not once in that journal did Greg reference back to his part with the Jonas Brothers. I find it extremely hard to accept that one person from any group can represent it as a whole just because of a single journal entry. It's like saying if I write a blog saying how much I dislike PETA then this whole guild must dislike PETA. We all know that it's my personal opinion in no way am i saying this guild or my school dislikes PETA.

Yes it's awesome that Keltie is defending Panic but she should at least check her facts. The Jonas Brothers do write their own music. (Just pointing it out not trying to say Keltie is a bad person or anything.)

Also I want say I apologize if I made anyone think I was saying that everyone should like Jonas. I was just saying do not bash this group just because of what their bassist wrote. If you do not like the Jonas brothers then I have no issues with that. We all have different taste. Please refrain from bashing them just because Greg's entry angered you.
User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

It doesn't matter.
He has no reason to talk that way about Panic when he himself is in the Jonas Brothers.
And really, no one is going to take him seriously.
I'm not saying you have awful taste in music. Perhaps if the Jonas Brothers would cut their ties with Disney, it would be different.
But they haven't, so for him to knock a band like Panic at the Disco is ridiculous.

And how do you know that the Jonas Brothers write their own music?
They might have before they became a part of Disney, but what about now?

I'm only stating what I think.
Please don't take this as a personal attack, because that's not what I intended it to be.

biggrin

EDIT: And Ribby used bad comparisons.
It's how one band member represents the whole band.
Because without that band member, the band really isn't the same band.
Like how Ryan, Spencer, Brendon, and Jon, individually, represent Panic at the Disco as a whole.
Or how Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy, individually, represent Fall Out Boy as a whole.

Because Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco would not be what they are now without those four individual members of the band.

And yeah, Ribby was right about Eric.
He works with Panic at the Disco, and therefore would represent Panic at the Disco if he were to ever be interviewed about Panic at the Disco.

The guild would still be the same if you decided to quit.
Your school would still be the same if you had to transfer.

But bands are pretty exclusive, so the people that make them up as individuals represent the whole band.

Catch my drift?

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

glowlita

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:29 am
What a jackass.
Not only did he insult Panic At the Disco, but he mildly insulted Fall Out Boy!
Well that jerk can bite me, because Panic rocks and always will.
I'd love to see Keltie high kick him in the face!
...jerk... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:45 pm
MixedUp92
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

ohmygosh.
again. i totally agree with you..  

[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]

[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm
~[girlygirl]~
MixedUp92
PrimeOdd
[[Green.Jellie.Bean]]
MixedUp92

thank you for this. it makes a lot more sence the way you put it. and i agree with you as i agree with MixedUp92.

User Image
Toast the fine folks casting silver crumbs to us from the dock.
Jinxed things ringing as they leak through tiny cracks in the boardwalk.
Scarecrow, now it's time to hatch sprouting suns and ageless daughters.
Don't you know? Don't you know that those watermelon smiles just can't ripen underwater?
Just can't ripen underwater.

It doesn't matter.
He has no reason to talk that way about Panic when he himself is in the Jonas Brothers.
And really, no one is going to take him seriously.
I'm not saying you have awful taste in music. Perhaps if the Jonas Brothers would cut their ties with Disney, it would be different.
But they haven't, so for him to knock a band like Panic at the Disco is ridiculous.

And how do you know that the Jonas Brothers write their own music?
They might have before they became a part of Disney, but what about now?

I'm only stating what I think.
Please don't take this as a personal attack, because that's not what I intended it to be.

biggrin

EDIT: And Ribby used bad comparisons.
It's how one band member represents the whole band.
Because without that band member, the band really isn't the same band.
Like how Ryan, Spencer, Brendon, and Jon, individually, represent Panic at the Disco as a whole.
Or how Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy, individually, represent Fall Out Boy as a whole.

Because Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco would not be what they are now without those four individual members of the band.

And yeah, Ribby was right about Eric.
He works with Panic at the Disco, and therefore would represent Panic at the Disco if he were to ever be interviewed about Panic at the Disco.

The guild would still be the same if you decided to quit.
Your school would still be the same if you had to transfer.

But bands are pretty exclusive, so the people that make them up as individuals represent the whole band.

Catch my drift?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:37 pm
alastarr
...And why did he even buy Pretty. Odd. if Panic was the quote on quote "band i loved to hate"? Just curious.

Yeah, really rolleyes

Oh, and GO KELTIE! =D

magic_lily

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

12,875 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 pm
Quote:
Do the Jonas Brothers seriously think they sound better than Panic? 'Cause, no offense to all you guys who like them, their songs may be catchy but it's not like they're really anything special.

Okay.. Umm. I don't think that was very nice, whoever said this. Not cool.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff