Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A Couple Of Questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Bacodus
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

Peace

Again, what do you mean? Do you mean quiet? Do you mean stillness? Do you mean the lack of warfare? Do you mean the lack of negative emotion?
Or of all emotion, like the guru does? Do you mean tranquility? Do you mean death?

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
is something I value because when things are not peaceful there is a lot of Negitive energy to me.

How is this bad? What is "negative energy"? Do you mean negative emotion and feeling? If so, which emotions would you characterize as "negative"?

To me, you must embrace both the emotions that society sees as negative AND positive for "emotional balance". However, you must learn to understand their context and control them as well. All emotions have their place.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
I like being in a enviroment where there is (how do I put this?) almost a balance of choas and order and thats peace to me.

Can you provide an example? An erupting volcano could fit the image of "pure chaos", "pure order", or the "balance" you refer to depending on your perspective.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
being optimistic is a function of balance for me because I don't think you can be truly balanced if you only look on the dark side of things.

Nor can you be "balanced" in your description if you only look on the bright side of things (which is what optimism is by definition)

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Inner peace is accually different for people just as the ways of meditation are.

We understand that. This is why we are asking YOU what YOU mean by "inner peace".

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Like when you fight with someone they are often the quickest to resort to violence because of that battle of emotions they have no control.

What if they are the quickest to resort to violence because they rationally believe that you will do them harm and they want to disable you before you can do so? Does one have to be out of control with their emotions to be violent in your opinion?

Peace to me is a lack of negitive emotion and lack of hatred (once again not tring to be all hipieish) and tranquility.
Negitive energy to me is like negitive emotions and a lack of hope. It is almost like the feeling you get from taht energy is depressing. It make you think negitive thought like 'I am not going to make it' or 'I should just quie there is no since in tring'. things like that. I do mean a balance between both positive and negitive emotions just not one more than the other. I mean like when you have equal amounts of possitive and negitive.
I understand the optimistic part I basically worded it wrong I am sorry.

Well thats possible but I don't want to be that type of person who jumps to that conclusion that some one will resort to violence. No you don't have be out of control with thier emotions to be violent but I think that a lot of people who are out of control with their emotions do jump to that those conclusions and are often first to go to violence.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:47 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Another question: Is there a path that is mainly about becoming balanced or are all of them like that...
sorry im a bit confused.

That sounds more like you want a religion to bring about inner peace, not balance.

Interestingly, re balance, a Mara'kami once said that what a Mara'kami needed most was balance. I've adopted that a bit with my own personal... guh tides is the best word; the rising and falling of my emotional, mental, physical, and other -als place on their continuums.

Re: Deo & the Norse elements, I tend to focus on Fire and Ice (i.e. Nifleheim and Muspelheim) and I put some effort into being able to walk in each realm (just the edges so far) and work with both elements (I have a balance-stone which I tied to both concepts in a way, as a sort of lodestone for myself in terms of orientation on Yggdrasil and in Midgard, for example).

I like Ulfrikr's list, though; I'm glad to see venom on there; I've seen other lists leave it off, but I always felt it was important.

When I meditate, I do Tradak, which is fire-gazing. You look at the fire and attempt to not blink.

Gems are gems. I've always felt rocks had a spirit, a nature, but I don't think they interact with different people in the same way. I really want a ring with gems of the colors of the rainbow because I'm a rainbow-phile.

Google is your friend in terms of online resources.

I have met many deities; I am sure there are more I haven't met.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:37 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Peace to me is a lack of negitive emotion and lack of hatred (once again not tring to be all hipieish) and tranquility.
Negitive energy to me is like negitive emotions and a lack of hope. It is almost like the feeling you get from taht energy is depressing. It make you think negitive thought like 'I am not going to make it' or 'I should just quie there is no since in tring'. things like that. I do mean a balance between both positive and negitive emotions just not one more than the other. I mean like when you have equal amounts of possitive and negitive.

Well thats possible but I don't want to be that type of person who jumps to that conclusion that some one will resort to violence. No you don't have be out of control with thier emotions to be violent but I think that a lot of people who are out of control with their emotions do jump to that those conclusions and are often first to go to violence.

You're conflicting yourself, Forgotten. You say you desire "Peace" AND "Balance", but under your own definitions they contradict.

You say Peace is "tranquility and a lack of negative emotion (like hatred)".
Then you say Balance is "A balance between both positive and negative emotions just not one more than the other. ... Equal amounts of positive and negative."

Also, how are negative emotions "negative"? Society says they are, but if they are useful, are they really negative? Is there a time and a place for jealousy? Is there a time when it could be good to feel guilty? Should we always be lacking in hatred or is there a use for this emotion.

If these emotions are always "bad", why do we have them at all?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:50 pm
Bacodus
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

You're conflicting yourself, Forgotten. You say you desire "Peace" AND "Balance", but under your own definitions they contradict.

You say Peace is "tranquility and a lack of negative emotion (like hatred)".
Then you say Balance is "A balance between both positive and negative emotions just not one more than the other. ... Equal amounts of positive and negative."

Also, how are negative emotions "negative"? Society says they are, but if they are useful, are they really negative? Is there a time and a place for jealousy? Is there a time when it could be good to feel guilty? Should we always be lacking in hatred or is there a use for this emotion.

If these emotions are always "bad", why do we have them at all?

what I mean by lack of negitive energy i mean less than what is normally around. In my opinion most people put off negitive emotions because it is in fashion. I think there should be less and eventually level out with positive emotions.
I suppose there is a time and place for those emotions like envy and guilt but so many people just put off those emotions because they want a reason to feel pain and depression so people feel sorry for them. Eventually that becomes a habbit and a hard one to break. Plenty of people accualy start to believe that the emotions are real and they become real. Its a bad habbit and its something i don't want to get involved in.  

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:02 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

what I mean by lack of negitive energy i mean less than what is normally around. In my opinion most people put off negitive emotions because it is in fashion. I think there should be less and eventually level out with positive emotions.

Are you saying that you want a religion that will help you help others decrease their negative emotions? When it comes down to it, I believe that your religion should first of all be about you, and secondly, others.

If you want a religion that tries to make the whole world happy (and fails miserably due to their lack of scope), try Unitarian Universalism.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
I suppose there is a time and place for those emotions like envy and guilt but so many people just put off those emotions because they want a reason to feel pain and depression so people feel sorry for them. Eventually that becomes a habbit and a hard one to break. Plenty of people accualy start to believe that the emotions are real and they become real. Its a bad habbit and its something i don't want to get involved in.

You believe people can experience "false emotion"? You said they "believe their emotions are real and they become real". Do you mean instead that you think negative emotions are a self-fulfilling prophecy (an example: I think I am going to have a bad day today, therefore I have a bad day)

What do you want out of a religion?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:17 pm
I think "negative" emotions are bad only to the extent that they are
expressed destructively. I try to use my hatred for my job and place
of work as inspiration to work harder, so that I may move on to
something better more easily. It's not at all easy to do that, but I try.

But sometimes I wonder, if I were to storm out in a rage one day,
would I be somehow rewarded for taking such a bold step
(I could easily be living on the street in short order if I did that)
in leaving behind something that doesn't suit me.  

CricketBrain

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:35 pm
Bacodus
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

Are you saying that you want a religion that will help you help others decrease their negative emotions? When it comes down to it, I believe that your religion should first of all be about you, and secondly, others.

If you want a religion that tries to make the whole world happy (and fails miserably due to their lack of scope), try Unitarian Universalism.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

You believe people can experience "false emotion"? You said they "believe their emotions are real and they become real". Do you mean instead that you think negative emotions are a self-fulfilling prophecy (an example: I think I am going to have a bad day today, therefore I have a bad day)

What do you want out of a religion?

No Im not saying I want people to change because of my religion I am saying thatsometimes people fake emotions and they accually start to believe after a while they are having those feelings. Hard to explain but anyways I am saying I don't want to be like that. But anyways I found a way to take care of that. sorry for wasting your time.
though through this you did help me realise a few things... and what Gods I might choose to fallow or whatever you wanna call it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

sometimes people fake emotions and they accually start to believe after a while they are having those feelings.

But usually this is invoking positive emotion. Kind of a "fake it till you make it" attitude. I've never in my experience (including my internship at an MHMR clinic while I was getting my B.S. in Psychology) heard about or met a person who fakes negative emotions enough on a regular basis enough to take them on. Can you provide an example.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Hard to explain but anyways I am saying I don't want to be like that.

That's good. I wouldn't want to be like that either. When I experience "negative" emotion, I generally either revel in it (burn the negative emotion candle at both ends, so to say) or I seek out the source and devour it.

B
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
ut anyways I found a way to take care of that. sorry for wasting your time.
though through this you did help me realise a few things...

If this were a waste of my time, I wouldn't be here. Guidance is *never* a waste. And at the very least, these posts are worth some Gaian gold. smile

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
and what Gods I might choose to fallow or whatever you wanna call it.

Again, your best bet here is to research and devour as much information as you can. You'll learn something about yourself in the process of searching.  

Tyrannical Princess

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:00 pm
Bacodus
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

sometimes people fake emotions and they accually start to believe after a while they are having those feelings.

But usually this is invoking positive emotion. Kind of a "fake it till you make it" attitude. I've never in my experience (including my internship at an MHMR clinic while I was getting my B.S. in Psychology) heard about or met a person who fakes negative emotions enough on a regular basis enough to take them on. Can you provide an example.

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Hard to explain but anyways I am saying I don't want to be like that.

That's good. I wouldn't want to be like that either. When I experience "negative" emotion, I generally either revel in it (burn the negative emotion candle at both ends, so to say) or I seek out the source and devour it.

B
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
ut anyways I found a way to take care of that. sorry for wasting your time.
though through this you did help me realise a few things...

If this were a waste of my time, I wouldn't be here. Guidance is *never* a waste. And at the very least, these posts are worth some Gaian gold. smile

ForgottenDreamsMyLove
and what Gods I might choose to fallow or whatever you wanna call it.

Again, your best bet here is to research and devour as much information as you can. You'll learn something about yourself in the process of searching.

well what I mean by people fake negitive emotions is well negitive attitudes and emotions is a current trend where I live so they fake it and then they feel the real pain of it.
well its good to know it wasn't waste of time.
I am researching all the gods I can find info on but there is one I am rather intreged with. The greek Pantheon I believe its called. Im going to keep researching other but it is rather interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:15 am
Bacodus
ForgottenDreamsMyLove

I can.

Münchhausen. The primary gain is attention; the emotions of illness and being ill are faked along with the illnesses. Münchhausen via internet might be the purest form of this, since there's no need to fake symptoms.

A lot of other times, though, people use the accusation of someone hurting themselves because it's "trendy" as a way to discount that person's experiences. I knew cutters long before the internet gave a medium for support groups around cutting. Anorexia existed in isolation before the pro-Ana movement online. The current trend of dismissing both as attention seeking (not to mention the weird axiom that rests on that seeking attention is BAD) disturbs me greatly.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 am
TeaDidikai

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

mrgreen

Love your work Tea biggrin

As always, it is mutual. I was hoping you, Godhi or Deo would come around and do the Norse elements. I fear my understanding of them is very watered down. ~grumblegoddamnfluffyasatrugrumble~

That said- can you provide me with citations for yours?

It's based on the description in Snorra Edda of the creation mythos. Okay, I am a bit wary of Snorri, especially when it comes to the later stuff, but he seems to stick to early sources for the beginning, even if he embelishes some stuff a bit. You can cross-correlate some of it via Voluspa and other sources.

TeaDidikai

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Aye, how does one be at peace with nature? I'd more want to be in Frith with nature. In other words, I work within the context of the natural world as it presents itself, working to ensure my own survival by ensuring that we don't destroy our environs, but also managing that environment in the best way possible to enable us to live at the best living standards we can as well, including being as prepared as possible for the events which can take place within the natural environment which may cause us harm, or even end our lives.

Balance with nature for me is about working with the natural environment and respecting it, and the capability it has to cause us harm, but also ensuring that it supports the living needs of me and my family and folk.

Very well put.

I tend to personally double take when people talk about nature as a benevolent thing. wink Thank you for your posts Ulfrikr.

Most welcome dear Tea 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:34 am
If you are looking for the Greek Pantheon, may I suggest reading through theoi.com

best resource ever!  

maenad nuri
Captain

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:35 am
Nuri
If you are looking for the Greek Pantheon, may I suggest reading through theoi.com

best resource ever!

thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm
Umm one more thing from what I have been told there is also an egptian Pantheon and a few more umm goddesses and gods out side that anyone know where I might find information on them?  

ForgottenDreamsMyLove

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:39 pm
ForgottenDreamsMyLove
Umm one more thing from what I have been told there is also an egptian Pantheon and a few more umm goddesses and gods out side that anyone know where I might find information on them?

Generally? It's easier to focus on learning one pantheon at a time. They usually have entirely different ways of looking and relating to each other, their followers, etc.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff