Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki no Bunny

Eloquent Lover

4,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:07 pm
Hello all, my name is Lizzie and I'm twenty one years old. Going to be twenty two in June! You can call me Lizzie, Daeva, or Dia. Or you can come up with your own nickname, either way is fine with me! I joined this guild because I was very impressed with the quality of people that like to congregate here. Yes, I read over some of the threads first, before deciding that this place was right for me.

Now, I'm only five foot, two inches, and I only weigh about a hundred and forty or so. But still, I do have a bit of a belly, and my legs aren't exactly the best. And I know I'll never be barbie thin, nor would I EVER want to! But I could stand to lose a little bit, or at least get into better shape.

As of now, my eating habits aren't that great.. as I tend to indulge in way more snacking than I should. Also, I tend to spend my time doing more stationary activities, like reading, playing games, or Gaia! Hehe.. I'm sure if I could find a way to get myself motivated, and stick with it, I'd be able to lose a bit and get myself into better shape. While I don't feel bad about my body, or myself, I do know that my habits aren't the best, and I do want to change them.

Actually, around here, there's a program called Curves, which is like a gym membership for women. You go to the gym and make a circle around the place and by the time you're done, you've had a pretty good workout. My mother in law and I were thinking about joining it to be honest. But, at the moment, that's not an option, because my fiance and I are both in the process of looking for jobs, and the mother and father in law are in florida trying to sell off the other house. We just moved to North Carolina, actually! ^^

I hope to get to know a lot of you, if not all of you, and I'm sure I'll make a lot of new friends! Also, for those of you that have it, feel free to hit me up on AIM, yahoo messanger, or MSN messanger. Just be sure to tell me who you are! I get a lot of random ims! rofl Also, I'll try to post a few pictures of myself, and my love, if you guys want. With his permission of course! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Hi! My name's Skelly...not my real name, but you only get that if you know me well enough. 3nodding Anyway, here's my stats...I'm a girl and I'm 15, will be 16 in July. I'm 5'3" right now, and I have always been big...I hit my heaviest weight about a month ago...I was 215 lbs.
I never really had a problem with my weight...it was like, yah, I could stand to loose a bit, but it was never really a priority to me. Then I got dumped, and even though I know it wasn't because of my size, I looked in the mirror one day and was disgusted. I've decided to become a person who is comfortable with themselves, has self confidence and is "good enough" for people like my ex.
One day I want to walk up to them and say "See what you're missing out on?" twisted
I do come from a family of big people, but that's no excuse! In fact, it's another reason I want to be healthier. Diabetes runs on my mom's side of the family, and if I'm not careful now, there will be consequences later.
My goal is to get down to 125 lbs! heart

~Skelly.Storyteller~

drummer06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:43 am
Hi I'm Alex, girl, I'm 5'4' ,14 and around 130lbs. My goal is to shave off enough pounds to be 115 or to wear a size 4 or 6, right now it's a ten ish and for shirt size I'd like to be a medium instead of a large, or depending on cut, xl. I like to swim, read, and play water polo and I play ddr to work out, when I can't work out by swimming or running.

My friends say I'm thin and pretty but they're my best friends so they're just being nice in my opinion, heaviness runs in my family so for me it's also a battle with genetics, I've always been a little round but now more than ever I'm becoming rounder.

I can look thin in some clothes but my goal is to look good in a swim suit, one of my bff's has a pool and we go swimming in it a lot during the summer, plus the guy I like is going to be ony my swim/water polo team. My eating habbits fluctuate, at times I never touch cookies or candy, but then sometimes I eat way too many sweets and don't work out enough, my fav. food though is sushi.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:44 am
Hi, I'm Becky, I'm 16 and living in the UK.

I'm here because, yes you guessed it, I want to loose some weight. Now let me start be telling you ... I'm not small, I never have been, and I dont really have a problem with being larger than most. I'm here because I really want to be able to do whatever I want, and currently I can't.

I'm a big fan of rollercoasters, and up until a while back, I never had any problems, except for the natural odd break down. But a few months ago I found I couldnt ride something due to my size sweatdrop I know what the problem is, and if you pm me I'd be delighted to explain, but long story short, I don't want to be held back from flinging myself through loop the loops due to my jean size.

Well in August I'm headed off with family for Orlando, and I want to be able to go on whatever I want, so far I've been trying to do more exercise and eat better, but sometime I find I get too distracted and I can loose momentum. And since weight watchers has never appealed to me, I thought I'd seek help here. I think my main problem is never really commiting myself to something, so here is.

The facts of the matter, currently I'm a uk size 30 bottoms and a uk 26/28 on top. I'd love to be able to get down to a 22/24 bottom. I haven't been weighed in yonks, but next time I get the chance I'll tell.

So yeah, to summirise, big girl wants to become slightly smaller big girl in order to ride big rides! wink  

RHShipper

Rubber Nubbies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:57 pm
hey im manda, im 16 about 5'5" and currently bouncing between 140-160 i don't look the greatest, but not the worst, im trying to simply eat better and exercise and lose some of my flub.... xp ive done alot of lowp-carb diets and im good a them til i decide im sick of them and wanna eat something. i guess my main problem is exercise and healty eating....i tend to snack ALL the time or i don't eat at all, and nither of them is good for me at all. i need to try to buckle down and eat a somewhat balanced diet, and normal meals w/o snacking inbetween....ive decied i want to cut all pop and super junky snacks, there was a point in time when i stoppped drinking pop all together diet and all and i managed it for a month and in the first week i lost 7lbs, and by the end of the month almost 15, and i figure if i cut pop it helped cut snacks....(ill make a thread going into detail on this if you like) so im just looking to lose about 15-25lbs for now and be back down to 130 eventually.

~rock on~
~manda~  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:01 pm
I'm Jen. I'm 13, 5 foot 4, and I wieght about 190 pounds. I've been trying to loose wight for a while, but my family's lifestlye has pushed me back alot. Also, my body type makes it difficult for me to loose weight. Both sides of my family are big, you see.

My goal is to be 170 pounds by the end of the summer. And then 130 by Valentine's Day.

I want to be thin for me, and my future. I have a high risk for daibetes.

Cheer me on!

-Jen

A PIC OF MEH: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ummm....yay for acne? gonk  

o sunflower king

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:34 am
HI I'm Frog Juice, known in real life as Gen. I'm 19 (20 in July) and live in Australia.

Currently I'm about 66 kg and around 5'6.5ish(I think it's about 145lbs or there abouts, but I dunno) and although not overly heavy, I'd like to lose a bit and get rid of my pot belly, thunder thighs and "tuckshop lady" arms and build up my confidence.

My heaviest I was about 72 kilograms around a quarter of the way through Year 12 thanks to depression caused by an emotional breakdown, but I lost weight by cutting out potato (apparently I have a mild allergy to it), refined sugar, drinking heaps of water every day and last but not least, changing my pill.

My goal is to be 60 kilograms, but I'd be happy at 61 or 62 (which is around 132-136lbs I think, but my calculations may be a bit out) 3nodding , providing I had a slim looking figure.

I've been told I'm fine how I am, but I want to lose weight for me, so I have more confidence in myself (stupidly low self-esteem, I don't know how or why considering I can be quite outgoing sometimes) and look damn fine in a bikini come summer. I have all of winter and spring ahead of me, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I do have trouble with my motivation and I get bored very easily.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:01 am
Hello. I'm Dark Shamaness, nicknamed DS on Gaia. I'm 19, 5 feet, and 111 lbs. I know that I'm not overly big, but I would still like to lose the few pounds that college and Gaia put on me.

I started Gaia in June '04, and college just a few months after. During that time, I gained 10 lbs and the only weight I've put on has been on my belly. Honestly, I think I'm lucky I didn't gain more. I used to be toned and in shape, but now I'm self-concious and upset with myself. Plus, all my jeans have become tight and uncomfortable to wear, and I would rather to get back in shape instead of spending my money on new jeans.

I've been trying for months to lose weight, but I can't lose more than 3 lbs. before it comes back. It doesn't help that I have next to no support, not used to being active, and I fall into random and short-lasting depressions - whenever that happens, I tend to find peace with junk food.

I would just like to eat healthy and get active in order to lose the few pounds and to get back in shape. I would like to be able to jog again without getting choked up because of my asthma. I would like to be comfortable in my clothes, and even be able to confidently wear a bikini. But I know I can't do any of it without the support of others.

A.Midnight.Whisper

Parking Lot Love

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:01 pm
Hey. The name's Jess. I'm 5 ft 4 and I am about 200. gonk I just recently started working out and switching from chocolate to yogurt. So far I've lost about 20 pounds biggrin That's extremly good for me, considering it takes A LOT for me to actually get the effort. XD

My goal is to get down to about 120 or so. I know it'll take awhile, but it's worth it. Hopefully, my Turbo Jam will be coming in the mail so I can speed things up a bit ^_^ (It's supposed to be a really fun dvd)

Ahywho, I'm glad that there's a guild like this. I know it'll help me out a lot. Fell free to PM me if you want to talk smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm
Hi, I'm Monica, and I'm 17. I joined this guild because I've been losing self-confidence lately. People keep calling me fat and ugly, and it's been getting to me recently. A lot of stress is piling up on top of the insults, so it's difficult for me to keep motivation. I've been a vegetarian for about 3 months and I've lost a little weight with that, but I still eat unhealthy.

I come from a not-so-rich family, and our food tends to be microwaved greasetraps, since my mom works and I'm no cook...There's little support here for me, (except from my anorexic friend, but I'd rather not join her in that...) so I turned to Gaia and here I am.

I have a rather thick neck, and I don't think I can do anything about it. Which sucks, I hate that the most...I had a birth defect that held my head down, and the operation left a zig-zag scar from my chin to the jugular notch. For whatever reason, my chin heardly protrudes and thus my neck looks even bigger.

I'm 5'6" and 220 pounds. The nicer people say I don't look it, that I carry my weight well, but that's still too much. My current short-ish-term goal is to get down to 198. I'll build up from there, but the support here should help me immensely.

Pictures for you...

My favorite picture, taken with the puppy I got for Valentine's Day...it says "We heart Tall 1!" For those who can't see it on the lil' note card. 'Twas made for my extremely tall boyfriend...
User Image

More for you? Go here.

Kasai-nin

Sitting On Cloud 9

Lonely Vampire

10,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:50 pm
Hi. My name is Mikki. Im 17 y/o and 5'5.5 so 5' 6" ish. My heaveyest was 311. I am now down to about 250-260 (not shore sweatdrop I am afraid of the scale) I have cut back my eating habits and discontinued ALL beef, most pork, and well every thing but Chicken and a little Turkey. I love to walk When Im not at school or work or church I will walk for about 3-5 hours a day ^_^ YAY WALKING! lol. I went from a 28 to a 24 in 6 months, I wish to be an 18/20 by my birthday in december. I have a high chance of geting diabeties when Im older and DO NOT want to qualifie for Gastric bypass on my 18th b-day, (so far the only thing that keeps me from qualifying is my age) Although it douse wonders (my mom, cusin, sister and aunt all have had it my mom was 27+years ago, my cusin 1.5 years ago and my sister and cusin have been with in the last 6 months) So I know what it douse good and bad wise (its amazing that my mom had me and my sister because she couldnt gain waight so we came out less than 6 pounds each.) But I know its not for me. I want to be able to over stuff my slef 3 times a year and not puke it all up.

But back to me. Basicaly I have had a good start but to get the rest of the way I need help. I need tips and support (my fam supports but they are usualy to buisy keeping people healthy and out of the fricken hospitle because if my sister eats wrong she gose to the hospitle if I eat something wrong It gose to (no not my a** i dont have one of thoughs) my stomec.) My mom also thinks its ok for me to have cloths that are way to big but buy my siste new cloths when she needs them because I can wair a freakin belt even though my pants are to big and fall off my lack of butt!

So as you can tell (i hope i kinda went off there) I dont have much suport here (irl) so I come to you for help.

~love mikki~

~~ps~~ sorry it was so long and has so many spelling mistakes.

User Image
**most recent, a few weeks ago at prom**
User Image
**christmas a few months ago, im in black**
User Image
**thanks giveing, i was a sleep on my couch**
User Image
** Halloween. the last time that skirt fit me so good, Thats a good thing though, even though I love it it got way to big! ^_^**  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello my name is Kaitlin. I am 14 5'4" and about 150 lbs crying . I would like to get down to about 125-115. I think it will help me by boosting my self-esteem and making me more healthy. I am in quite a few sports and I do exercise, but I don't eat very well. I am hoping that this guild with give me enough support to help me lose it!

Good luck to all of you! razz

Kittymutt

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:57 pm
Hihi. My name is EM and I am 19 years old.

I joined this guild because well, I've been trying unsucessfully to lose weight since I was quite a youngin', and really want it to work out in a big way this time.

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with it, in fact, and it's sort of become a new hobby to look up calories, count them, etc.
I am quite overweight, 215lb ish. Although this is not the heaviest I've been I'm still pretty peeved at it. It's yucky, no matter what my friends and boyfriend say.

My goal is to lose 65lbs, and hit the weight range I'm technically supposed to be in, around 130-150. (Aiming for the higher end of the spectrum, ha.) After I lose that (ohyes,iwilldoit) I'll see how I feel and go from there, etc etc etc etc...

Anyhow, I always LOVE to get !messages!, and you can even chuck me onto your AIM or MSN if you feel up for it. Hmm. WHat else? I play a lot of videogames, and have been horseback riding since I was 11, I have my own horse, ride english, etc... I have a sexy boyfriend, who thinks im teh sexx even though I'm a fattie, <3, I'd like to lose weight partially for him too, so I can feel nice and sexy around him...maybe wear some skimpy clothes and what not...schoolgril uniform, bondage, you know razz ^___^ nyaaaaaaahhhh!

Anyhow, that about sums it up. I think I'll stop before this turns into a novel... I am super psyched to be in your uber-guild heart
/dance  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:39 am
Hi my name is Mag, but you could also just say Lita. I am currently 14 and 5'6. At the beginning of the school year I weighed about 108, but I had a really stressful year and I really lost the motivation to exercise and eat healthy, so I shot up to 125 by January. Since then, I have wanted to lose weight to get back down to where I was, change my eating habits, and really just be healthy. Ever time I commit myself to something, it never lasts more than a week. Since I am out of school for the summer, I can exercise a lot more and try to find an eating way that works. Since May, I have lost a few pounds, so I am at 118. I hope that with the support from others, I can lose the weight and just be a healtheir person.  

Acerbus nox noctis

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games