Crown Duel Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:06 pm
Eesh. Mine aren't water-damaged. Just old and worn. I've got quite a few whose spines are ripped a lot. So much so that I can barely read them. If I had extra money, I'd buy them. Sadly, I don't. I barely have enough to get the books on my to-get list. And that's only from Christmas.

Off-topic (like we weren't before): I'm so excited right now. My grade in physics went up to a B-. The final hasn't been graded yet, but hopefully it won't drop my grade back to a C. I'm so, so happy. Kinda sad that I'm ecstatic over a B, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 pm
Oh, right, meant to mention before, Crown Duel gave me yet another idea for a story. It's quite scary how it does that. Maybe it's just the random way I think or something. This is like the third or fourth idea it's given me. ...Yep, fourth. I love this book.  

NightIntent
Captain

Claudia de Lenfent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:41 am
I hate Physics. @_@ And Algebra.

I'm happy too! My friend Raoul called last night to wish me happy birthday! She's so awesome!! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Physics is evil. Algebra I didn't find so hard, but pre-calc is just annoying so far. Though it might be the teacher. I don't know. But I really dislike my teacher.  

NightIntent
Captain

Claudia de Lenfent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:45 pm
Me too. I like Geometry a lot more. I find it easier because I'm an artist, and can think 3-dimensionally.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:48 pm
I can't. 2 dimensions is easier for me. And it's even easier if I can apply it to real life. Like something I learned back in middle school. I did well at that section of the class, because I could apply it to something that I thought was useful. Most math stuff I just memorize stuff and don't completely understand it. Yet I still get decent grades. Hooray for memorization! n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

mylittleshadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:52 pm
I really enjoyed the Wren series, also by Sherwood Smith. It was fun & lighthearted & had some great original touches here & there.

The Crown series . . . well, I think it's a case of differen tastes. I enjoyed the first one quite a bit but the second. Meh. I found the love story fairly predictable & wished the heroine would just PLEASE catch on!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:54 pm
I did think the second one was a beat weak.  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:02 pm
I suppose it was. But they both blend together in my head, so I really don't know. I kinda figured that Mel would fall for Shevraeth when he started saving her, in the first book. Actually, I kinda guessed it when he was taking her to the king. But that was when I was pretty certain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:31 pm
:doesnt remember: Yeah, it was too obvious they'd fall for each other...@_@  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:40 pm
Yeah, but not in a bad way. At least she wasn't pining after him for the entire book. I hate when people do that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:29 pm
me too  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:32 pm
Yeah. It's annoying. I've read way too many manga series with that as the whole storyline. Normal girl likes super popular guy, guy doesn't like the girl, girl wants to die, guy starts to like the girl, they get together, the end. So that's my version of it. But that's mainly what many shoujo series are. I got so sick of it. Which is why the girl hates guy then comes to like the guy storyline is a nice change.

And it doesn't hurt the story at all that Mel's an awesome character. n.n  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:23 am
Mel is awesome!!

Ugh..I just finished my 4 hours SAT....@_@  

Claudia de Lenfent

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:16 pm
Yes. Mel is one of the best characters, ever.

Ish. I'm taking the SAT and, probably, the ACT sometime later this year. Probably in the spring, but I don't know yet. Whenever my sister takes it, since it'll be easier that way.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff