Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Are You a 'Shipper? (You know what I mean by that, right?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a hopeful of the Janeway/Chakotay relationship. There were so many opportunities, but they messed them up!!1 In the hopeful new Voyager movie, they had better get married.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:41 pm
    I think Tom and B'Elanna are cute >.<

...I'm just a huge manatee

-[.Moo.]-

LadyDragon543

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:29 am
O_o wait, there's gonna be a voyager movie? Really? Wow, where have I been that I didn't hear about it?

And for the record-- slash can be good if written correctly, and if the characters actually stay *in* character.

Although, I must admit the first time I saw Kim/Paris I was kind of...shocked.

...and am I the only one who thinks Enterprise had so much potential, and then they just blew it all to hell?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 pm
I don't think all slash is bad if done well. Unless they're completely out of no where, like Neelix/Doctor or something. xd

But what about the Janeway/Seven? I think that could have worked.  

Spaz Queen

echelebeth

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:48 am
i'm a garak/ziyal 'shipper [they were such a CUTE couple]
against garak/bashir 'ship [complete mismatch]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:36 am
Wow. I'm a bit surprised at all the anti-slash here! It's a bit intimidating.

Anyway, I ship Kirk/Spock and Uhura/Chekov.

Oh, and not to start a big debate or anything, but I do want to address a statement made earlier about slash fiction being poorly written.
In every fandom, there will always be loads of bad fanfiction that is so full of typos and bad plot devices that it is literally painful to read. I've seen a lot of het, a lot of slash, and a lot of gen that is just terrible.

The thing about slash is, that since it is more of a target for flaming and controversy, that the decent stuff has to kind of cover itself up more. This isn't true for all fandoms, such as anime and all that, but for western things it is typically so. Therefore, all the terrible, hideous slash (the stuff you've probably seen and hate) is the stuff much, much easier to find than the actual decent, 20-or-so page build up so you can actually believe it slash. You need passwords and all sorts of things to access decent fic in this fandom, as opposed to Fanfiction.net, where the bad!slash lives.
Erm. Just putting that out there.  

Poenarisus

Dapper Autobiographer

3,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:31 am
LadyDragon543
O_o wait, there's gonna be a voyager movie? Really? Wow, where have I been that I didn't hear about it?

And for the record-- slash can be good if written correctly, and if the characters actually stay *in* character.

Although, I must admit the first time I saw Kim/Paris I was kind of...shocked.

...and am I the only one who thinks Enterprise had so much potential, and then they just blew it all to hell?

Enterprise had loads of potential. It is just so many of the fans hated it (even though they never really saw the good episodes it had) and left it to die, which it did.

Enterprise had quite a few good episodes, but no one really seems to notice them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:47 pm
I'm all for Janeway/Q.

And they're not all straight- Sulu's outrageously gay.  

Emi Uoza

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm
batgirlblond
I am a hopeful of the Janeway/Chakotay relationship. There were so many opportunities, but they messed them up!!1 In the hopeful new Voyager movie, they had better get married.

That would be awesome. But unless Chakotay dumps 7, or the other way around, not gonna happen. lol but did you see the episode where Chakotay does mouth-to-mouth on Janeway? By the way, what's Chakotay's last name?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:13 pm
Emi Uoza
I'm all for Janeway/Q.

Janeway/Q? Good luck with that one! lol that'll be the day...  

Shopping_Spree_101

Kristof Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:54 pm
i feel like it almost doesn't count since my favorite 'ship couple (P/T from VOY) went and got married and made themselves a baby. But beyond that, I've actually read a very good fanfic that was Paris/Torres/Kim...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:55 pm
Shopping_Spree_101
batgirlblond

That would be awesome. But unless Chakotay dumps 7, or the other way around, not gonna happen. lol but did you see the episode where Chakotay does mouth-to-mouth on Janeway? By the way, what's Chakotay's last name?

He doesn't have one, I think. One of those things.
It makes me sad that all the J/C subtext goes away sort of later.. I'm not a fan of C/7, mostly because I don't like Seven.  

Kristof Canada

Emi Uoza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 pm
Shopping_Spree_101
Emi Uoza
I'm all for Janeway/Q.

Janeway/Q? Good luck with that one! lol that'll be the day...

I know, but I find Q so charming- I'd have fallen right into his arms. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:31 pm
I like watching the slash stuff on youtube, but only because I find it hillarious.  

Shai_Hulud

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm
Okay, let's see here.... (When reading this, please bear this in mind - I've read a bunch of the books after the series and movies.....)

Jean-Luc/Beverly (Death In Winter - it actually happens, people!)
Will/Deanna (Nemesis, anyone?)
Data/Tasha
Miles/Keiko

Ben/Kasidy
Worf/Jadzia
Odo/Nerys (Kira Nerys)
Quark/Laren (Ro Laren)
Julian/Ezri
Garak/Ziyal
Rom/Leeta

Chakotay/Kathryn
Tom/B'Elanna
Tuvok/T'Pel (his wife)
Harry/Libby (she does wait for him; read the novelization of Endgame)
Doctor/Seven
Neelix/Kes

Jon/T'Pol (heck no, I'm not a Trip/T'Pol shipper! Does Twilight ring a bell?!)
Phlox/any of his five wives
Malcolm/Hoshi

Someone asked about the episode where Chakotay gives Kathryn mouth-to-mouth? That would be 'Coda' - one of my personal favorites.

If anyone is interested, I can suggest several incredible books that take place after the series and the movies - ones that back up these pairings. Well, some of them, anyway. I know of other books that will show ones such as Tuvok/T'Pel.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff